Posting photos

I'm really struggling with this. I now have a Photobucket account and when I paste the photo in the URL box it comes up but when I try to save it the picture disappears. The pictures seem big and I just don't get it. I need to learn how to post several pictures and I can't figure out how to post one. I'm using a Nikon Coolpix pocket for a camera and windows 10 for a computer. Any Help would be appreciated. Sunfish    

I'm really struggling with this. I now have a Photobucket account and when I paste the photo in the URL box it comes up but when I try to save it the picture disappears. The pictures seem big and I just don't get it. I need to learn how to post several pictures and I can't figure out how to post one. I'm using a Nikon Coolpix pocket for a camera and windows 10 for a computer. Any Help would be appreciated. Sunfish    

When you say the URL box, are you clicking on the link icon, or the photo one two spots over?

Also, which URL are you posting from Photobucket?  Should be the one for "Direct," 2nd from the top.

Keefers_BeautifulAnimals2108.jpg

You go to Photo Links and then copy the IMG link and paste it here and you're done. :up:

It'll show like above, but the link looks like this:

[URL=http://s415.photobucket.com/user/Keefers_/media/Keefers_Beautiful%20Animals/Keefers_BeautifulAnimals2108.jpg.html][IMG]http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Keefers_/Keefers_Beautiful%20Animals/Keefers_BeautifulAnimals2108.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

You don't need to use the img or url tags here if you copy and paste the correct IMG link here as seen above. 

Edited by JohnC
When you have the single photo open in PB, you will see four choices to the right, click “Direct”, you will see it say “copied”.

In TGO make sure the BBCode Mode in the far upper left is on. Click on the picture icon and the “image properties” window will open. Paste the link you just copied (Ctrl V)... Done.

Another way to do this is if you have a mobile smartphone phone or tablet, download the app Tapatalk and then add TGO to your forums list.

Once you login, you can use Talatalk to directly upload images and video to TGO.

That's probably the simplest way to do photos and video uploads to the forum.

I take most of my pictures and video with my iPhone, so when I'm even at my PC, I grab my iPhone, get on Tapatalk and then upload the image or video and then switch back to the desktop. 

Edited by JohnC

Thanks Guys for trying to help I really appreciate it. Some of this I get, some I'm lost as last years Easter egg.  I'm going to have to be walked through this start to finish and make some good notes.  I can't seem to do the same thing twice. I'll try again tomorrow when I'm a little fresher.  

I use the "img" box, click and it is "copied", then "paste" to your post.

[url=http://s896.photobucket.com/user/redintn/media/peace_zps02kwca9h.jpg.html]peace_zps02kwca9h.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s896.photobucket.com/user/redintn/media/Humiliating-The-United-States_zpsyk0mbudp.jpg.html]Humiliating-The-United-States_zpsyk0mbud[/URL]

Edited by RED333

Once you have uploaded your picture, click on the picture, and to the right this menu will pop up, choose on the IMG URL, then copy paste to your post:

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/ZZZZHELP_zpszoc3ruru.jpg.html]ZZZZHELP_zpszoc3ruru.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

Guys, there are several ways to do this. 

Sunfish,  It sounds like you have gotten the photo's into Photobucket.  Below are screen shots from Photobucket.

The first one shows a folder that has pics of my SKS.  Next, click on one of the pics and it will open the second photo below.  The the right of the screen you can click on 'Direct'.  You know it has been copied because it will briefly changed colors and say, 'copied'  The second and third photos show this.

Now, go to TGO, the appropriate forum and 'Start New Topic'.  You can put in the title, verbiage, etc...  Once you are ready to add the picture, put the cursor where you want the picture to go.  Now, look at the fourth and fifth pics below.  Click on the little green icon in the post and a little window will open. (one of the pic shows my cursor on the little green box)  Paste the url you copied from photobucket in there. (the next photo shows what the box looks like when you paste the photo.  Click on 'OK' and repeat as necessary.

Then, once complete, click on the button to save and post. (Pic shows this also)

Photoshop%20Directions%201_zpsi3tnrvep.jPhotoshop%20Directions%202_zps3ecswjcf.jPhotoBucket%20Directions%203_zpsweb8okmsPhotoshop%20Directions%204_zps5y1qiym0.jPhotoshop%20Directions%206_zpsvxg5dvm5.jPhotoshop%20Directions%207_zpsquaywgs9.j

Edited by Pete123

Well after everything it's still doing the exact same thing. I can get the picture to appear when I paste in the URL box but its huge and everything but the text disappears when I hit Post New Topic. I tried direct, I tried IMG. I'll keep trying different things hoping for better results but I'm stuck for now

http://DSCN0907%20-%20Copy_zpsoajvsy4a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]       Can anyone see the problem from this?     ( Redd333 )     I'm about ready to make piece with this computer. Get your people back it's going to be a big one)  

You've got too many tags there...  remove the [ URL] and [/ URL] tags from the link, leaving only [ IMG] link to photo [/ IMG]

If you're using the insert photo button in the reply box, don't include any tags.  What you paste in the box should be http ://www.linktoyourphoto.jpg   The forum software adds the appropriate tags so the image will appear.

The photos can show up huge in the reply box and it looks kinda weird to edit text around them.  The forum software automatically re-sizes large images down. 

Edited by peejman

I think the tag thing happened when I tried to copy the link. Not sure

How are you copying the link? All you have to do is click on the “DIRECT” (is what I use)You will see "COPIED" appear

Copied_zpsxzpjcr5p.jpg

Paste the picture direct link into the image properties box. (CTRL V)

Copied2_zpso8zgorsz.jpg

Copied3_zpsdersa0si.jpg Edited by DaveTN

It does appear when I do this. When I try to preview or post it disappears. I understand how it is supposed to work after talking with everyone and I really appreciate all the attempts to help. I'm just going to wait until Pete 123 can come over. If anyone knows why it is doing this disappearing act feel free to enlighten me. I'm all clicked out