Const. Carry Bill brought up today

What does Haslam have to do with the way the legislature votes? His departments all have liaisons, but their influence pales in comparison to the private lobbying community. A simple majority in both houses overrides his veto, and Republicans have supermajorities in both chambers.

He is the Leader of the Republican Party in the State, as the Republican Governor. The leaders of both chambers would not have their positions without his support. Nor would the Whips and Chairs of each committee. They all work in lock step together, usually.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

He is the Leader of the Republican Party in the State, as the Republican Governor. The leaders of both chambers would not have their positions without his support. Nor would the Whips and Chairs of each committee. They all work in lock step together, usually.

It doesn't work that way in Tennessee!  

The bodies elect the Speaker, the caucus elects leadership, and the Speaker names the committees, etc.  The Executive Branch has no formal input.  

The statewide party is run by the executive committee and chairman.  

Ramsey was Lt. Governor four years before Haslam took office, and Harwell had secured her position a month before he took office.  

And you really think, with the buttload of money Haslam is sitting on and can magically funnel in any direction he pleases (through his variety of PACs), that those you just mentioned (such as Harwell, McCormick, Kelsey, Sargent, Coley ad infinitum) will just dismiss his "desires" and go about their merry way?  Not in this state...

Edited by GKar
  • Like 1

And you really think, with the buttload of money Haslam is sitting on and can magically funnel in any direction he pleases (through his variety of PACs), that those you just mentioned (such as Harwell, McCormick, Kelsey, Sargent, Coley ad infinitum) will just dismiss his "desires" and go about their merry way?  Not in this state...

Not what I think, it is what I know.  

Do a little research. See how much the PACs, that are supposedly tied to Haslam, gave to the people mentioned.  It is all public record.  Even if you follow the black helicopters, you won't find much there.  

I do find it funny that you name Kelsey.  

When I think of all the years I served this country, have paid my taxes every year, work a full time job since graduating High School, and try to explain to my kids (All of which are now young adults) that this is the greatest nation and one of the best states to live in, I just can't get over feeling like a second rate citizen when I look at maps like the one in this link:

"http://www.opencarry.org/maps/map-open-carry-of-a-properly-holstered-loaded-handgun/"

Just the other day I asked a very stubborn permit carrying individual the one question he had no answer for:  At the point in time when your permit expires, and you haven't got the money to pay for that renewal to your Constitutional right, do you think you're any less of a citizen of this country now that you can't legally carry your firearm outside of your own house? Yesterday you could, but today you can't!  Paying anything for your 2nd Amendment rights is just wrong.

Today it is our right to have and bear arms, tomorrow it may be that you can't speak your mind.  In fact, it is almost a hate crime already to say I'm a Christian and believe the Bible should dictate my behavior, morals, and ethics.

Every state that borders Tennessee except Georgia is an open carry state!  Even West Virginia gets it right on Constitutional Carry!

• Like 5

I think most here would not agree with your perspective, QM.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  

I do get frustrated when media speculation and internet propaganda take the place of facts.

Not what I think, it is what I know.  

Do a little research. See how much the PACs, that are supposedly tied to Haslam, gave to the people mentioned.  It is all public record.  Even if you follow the black helicopters, you won't find much there.  

I do find it funny that you name Kelsey.  

Just for clarification, how much time do you spend at LP? 

Committee Chairmanships appear to be highly sought after :dirty: .  If you think leadership does not hand these out, you are fooling yourself, case in point Sen. Mae Beavers was excommunicated from the Judiciary committee because she was "not a team player" according to Ramsey, and Mr. "the supremacy clause trumps the 10th Amendment put in her place.

Just for clarification, how much time do you spend at LP? 

Committee Chairmanships appear to be highly sought after :dirty: .  If you think leadership does not hand these out, you are fooling yourself, case in point Sen. Mae Beavers was excommunicated from the Judiciary committee because she was "not a team player" according to Ramsey, and Mr. "the supremacy clause trumps the 10th Amendment put in her place.

I sent you a PM.  

Committee selections are made by the speakers of the respective chambers.  They consult with the leaders, whips, etc.  The Executive Branch has nothing to do with it, which was Moped's comment.  

• 2 weeks later...

There law is already better than TN in some ways they have Open Carry without a permit.

Thanks

Robert

Depends. In MI you can open carry, but you know, people don't like that. They call the cops on you and that's going to be awkward.

If you want a CCW license, you end up paying like $350 or so. Class, photos, finger prints, the license itself, etc. Then it's not for life, you mus renew it for antoher ton of money a few years later. Again, and again, and again. So I really hope the law changes and we also get permitless carry here in MI.

Edited by Steve32