PSA AR10 build

GhstFace38

Hey guys,

Palmetto State Armory had some smoking deals on their PA10 blemished uppers and lowers so I did what any gun nut would do... I started an AR10 build!

List so far:

PSA PA10 stripped upper
PSA PA10 stripped lower
Magpul MOE stock/ PSA buffer/spring/tube
PSA lower parts kit
PSA forward assist
PSA ejection port cover
KAK Industries gas tube & lo pro gas block
KAK Industries 18" stainless barrel
Odin Works KMod 15.5 FF hand guards
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle
PSA BCG
Model 10 muzzle brake

86d2432f572f86a84d6c343ee8083ec2.jpg
a58733dc43576387f4617ee2faae9ff1.jpg

The barrel, gas tube, and gas block will be here today so I'll have a completely functioning rifle by 3 o'clock ! The muzzle brake comes in later this week and I'll have to buy some backup iron sights... Probably the Magpul's.

What do you guys think? I'll post some more pictures once she get a bit closer to done. Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GhstFace38
  • Like 5
I received my muzzle brake today and apparently they sent me the wrong one. I ordered the correct size 5/8-24 and what I received is much smaller. Possible for a 5.56.

In other news, I think I've chosen my optic. The Vortex Crossfire 3-9x50 has piqued my attention. Anyone have experience with it?

I started out with a Crossfire, and it's ok. If you can make the cost jump to a Diamondback, I really recommend it. Better glass, better turrets... better everything, imho. I bought two Crossfires before I got my first Diamondback. I'm never getting anything less than a Diamondback again, and eventually I'll swap out the Crossfires, too.

Also, .308 can reach out there. I put a 6-18x50 on my M&P10 and really like it. It's a lot easier to see little bullet holes at 200yds with that puppy! Now I use my M&P10 as my spotting scope when shooting my other rifles with less magnification. It's hard to see .223 holes at 200 yds for me with the 3-9s on some of my other guns. Edited by musicman
From what I have read most of the feed issues were during the initial release of the PA-10. I built mine last summer and have not had a single malfunction after about 200 rounds. Mine has the NiB BCG , and I use ASC mags.

I also wanted to echo what the other folks were saying about the Vortex Diamondback. I believe it is every bit as good as my Leopold VX-2s. I have the Diamondback HD 4x12x42 on my PA-10. Got a great deal from optics plant for around $200. I really like it. Good luck!

I too have heard murmurs of feed issues. I'm anxiously awaiting January 31st which is when I'll attend my safety class for MSSA and become a full member. That day I'll be firing it to test function... I doubt I'll have an optic by then. I may not even have iron sights...

I started out with a Crossfire, and it's ok. If you can make the cost jump to a Diamondback, I really recommend it. Better glass, better turrets... better everything, imho. I bought two Crossfires before I got my first Diamondback. I'm never getting anything less than a Diamondback again, and eventually I'll swap out the Crossfires, too.

I'll second this. If I had talked to musicman before I bought my 2-7 Crossfire, I would have bought his 2-7 diamondback he has for sale instead. I guess I've been ruined by higher end scopes. The turrets on my Crossfire are super mushy and it's a big turnoff

From what I have read most of the feed issues were during the initial release of the PA-10. I built mine last summer and have not had a single malfunction after about 200 rounds. Mine has the NiB BCG , and I use ASC mags.

I also wanted to echo what the other folks were saying about the Vortex Diamondback. I believe it is every bit as good as my Leopold VX-2s. I have the Diamondback HD 4x12x42 on my PA-10. Got a great deal from optics plant for around $200. I really like it. Good luck!

What I think mine was was a sticky ejector and not compressing enough. I'll eventually get around to fixing the PSA bolt but I was too eager to shoot it so I just bought a new bolt, but I'll have a spare.

Late to the party, but definitely step up to the Diamondback. I've owned a couple of Crossfire scopes and was very pleased with the clarity for the price range but the Diamondback is a whole other league. Better glass, better turrets, etc.

If you want even more features, Viper PST.