Oh journalists... or whatever you call yourselves....

Peace

http://www.grindtv.com/bike/u-s-marines-crack-down-on-trespassers-confiscate-45-mountain-bikes/#kefYaECik1iUbDDl.97

The following bit made my day!

"The encounters were somewhat intimidating, as the Marines wore flight suits and toted weapons."

umm... they are Marines?  Marines on their own base?  - Marines based at Miramar... you know... the base formerly known as that "Top Gun" place...?

Edited by Peace
  • Like 1

"The bikes — many of which are priced at $5,000 or more"

LOL,  and that's without a motor!!  Some people have more money than common sense.  I've only met a few Marines, and even when they're nice they are intimidating!  I kinda think that comes with the territory.

They had weapons?  Of course they did.  They are in the military, and likely these were MPs, or whatever they call them in the Marines (a**holes?).  They're supposed to have guns.  So this is what I'm trying to understand:

1. Person on bike breaks law, ignores sign which tells them not to trespass on base.

2. Military police have guns.

3. Person is surprised to be fined and have their vehicle impounded for illegally trespassing onto a military installation.

4. Person is surprised that law enforcement have guns.

What makes people from California so ****ing stupid?  Is it genetic?  Brainwashing?  Lead in the water?

• Like 5

They had weapons?  Of course they did.  They are in the military, and likely these were MPs, or whatever they call them in the Marines (a**holes?).  They're supposed to have guns.  So this is what I'm trying to understand:

1. Person on bike breaks law, ignores sign which tells them not to trespass on base.

2. Military police have guns.

3. Person is surprised to be fined and have their vehicle impounded for illegally trespassing onto a military installation.

4. Person is surprised that law enforcement have guns.

What makes people from California so ****ing stupid?  Is it genetic?  Brainwashing?  Lead in the water?

It's the high quality dope.

• Like 6

Oh they went there...got spanked...have to settle up on paying their fines before the bikes are returned and are now all butthurt about it...even better some clown uses the walk of shame anology because they had to walk back to their cars and such. And BTW isn't it interesting the motor vehicles were outside of the base boundries.

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"The bikes — many of which are priced at $5,000 or more"[/font]

LOL,  and that's without a motor!!  Some people have more money than common sense.  I've only met a few Marines, and even when they're nice they are intimidating!  I kinda think that comes with the territory.

Let me start by saying these people are idiots for violating the posted signs. As for the cost of the bikes, and I am not being argumentative here, just saying I understand the cyclists view of bike value. There are many bikes out there that I could easily drop that kind of money on. I won't because I'm too cheap but I would if I had the money. Carbon fiber frames, carbon fiber rims, full suspension parts and other components made of high quality alloys cost money. It's no different than some of the gun choices out there and what is important to you. Take the AR market. They can be bought / built for anywhere from $400 to the multi thousand dollar range. Once you start to add accessories the price goes even higher. This could also be said for fishing boats. I don't think the fish care if you are in a $600 Jonboat or a $25000 glittery bass boat. It comes down to what you enjoy and ultimately want to spend your money on. But then again I love to ride so I am a little biased. It's so much better than being stuck in a gym and the East Tennessee back roads are beautiful. Especially in the spring and fall. Plus, think of the money people spend on gym memberships. You can buy a pretty badass bike for the cost of a few years of paying for a gym.