SNOW!!

Mwhiskey

I have had my fill of it and I really like snow.

Had to be in Kingston this morning at 7 am central and left from there at 9. All was fine until I reached the west side of Crossville. Started snowing and with in 2 miles it was a crawl on I40.

Then it was the section of I40 at Monterey. Very slow go with one lane descent of the Ridge. Next was the drop off of the Plateau between Silverpoint and Buffalo Valley exits but was uneventful, mainly because I got to follow a snow plow down. After that is when the fun began. The plow turned around and headed back towards Cookeville. The interstate went to crud. 20 mph all the way to the Carthage exit. Not to be out done though, the roads from the exit to Hartsville (Hwy 25) made everything I had seen so far look like clear road.

The trip this morning that took me just under 2 hours took 5 hours on return including one 360 spin with no contact with anything and finally ending with a stop at the market at the end of my street for a hot plate lunch. After getting a plate to go went back to my car and it wouldn't start. Ended up walking the four houses to home.

Went back about 4 o'clock and car started right up. Guess it needed a break to catch its breath.

Hopefully this will cover all my excitement for awhile.
  • Like 1

Went to work in Nashville at 630 this morning and snow was already falling, but not any accumulation. Walked out of the hospital at 430 and maybe 6 or 7 inches of snow on the ground. Made for an interesting drive home. The only trouble I had was getting stuck in the apartment parking lot as soon as I pulled in. Apparently a tree had blocked the entrance all day so it was ice with several inches of snow on top. Luckily a couple of guys helped push me out. Had to put car mats under the rear tires to get any traction to get going. Luckily the guy helping used his mats that he had used earlier in the day so I didn't ruin mine. Glad he was willing to help. 

• Like 1

Downtown Nashville we have 8-10 depending on where you measure. I've done my fair share of car pushing today. It's pretty, I wish it would be gone tomorrow

Amen. But it looks like it's about to start again here. 

We have at least 9.5 here and still slightly coming down. I too have had my fill, want sunshine and shorts and a fishing rod in my hand!!

I agree with the fishing rod. I  just wish I could make it to old hickory and fish the steam plant with this weather. Big stripers show up when it's nasty. 

• Like 1
Didn't love this weather till I spent a few years in the sandbox, now I'm happy it feels like winter. My wife gave me an earful when we bought an Outback, but after getting medicine for our neighbor and being able to pretty much get anywhere when everyone else is stuck, she has learned to love it. Only thing this weather worries me about is ice dams.
  • Like 1

Had about 7" in the yard here in Bristol just before dark this evening.  Still dusting a bit on and off, with a bit more expected tonight.  I gotta say that Bristol TN road crews have been doing a good job out on my end - you can sure tell where the state line is and you arrive in the Commonwealth of VA, where they apparently don't even own a window scraper...

• Like 1