SNOW!!

Mwhiskey

Had about 7" in the yard here in Bristol just before dark this evening.  Still dusting a bit on and off, with a bit more expected tonight.  I gotta say that Bristol TN road crews have been doing a good job out on my end - you can sure tell where the state line is and you arrive in the Commonwealth of VA, where they apparently don't even own a window scraper...

Virginia is like Pennsylvania and Indiana... they won't plow until it quits snowing.  They consider it a waste of resources to do anything when the snow is just gonna cover the roads again.  So they sit there on the interchange ramps waiting for the call.  :whistle:

• Like 1

Didn't love this weather till I spent a few years in the sandbox, now I'm happy it feels like winter. My wife gave me an earful when we bought an Outback, but after getting medicine for our neighbor and being able to pretty much get anywhere when everyone else is stuck, she has learned to love it. Only thing this weather worries me about is ice dams.

I'll bet it's darned hard to find a snow rake for sale in TN!

They're not as silly as the PT jacket!

What, the new ones? Nothing like doing PT and feeling like you're wrapped in a trash bag. When the army went to those I had already left the world of wearing silly things. I can't remember a time when I wore it.

Flying in on a redeye - what will i find when i land in nashville at 10am Saturday?

Iterstate will be open, one lane but could be slick. It's going to be overcast and below freezing so it won't melt much. City streets that saw lots of traffic yesterday will be slick. I just took the dog out and the street is solid ice where the cars traveled. Lots of city streets have seen zero maintenance. So it just depends on where your headed. You should have low traffic volume for sure

Virginia is like Pennsylvania and Indiana... they won't plow until it quits snowing.  They consider it a waste of resources to do anything when the snow is just gonna cover the roads again.  So they sit there on the interchange ramps waiting for the call.  :whistle:

Well that and Bristol. VA is broke

• Like 1

What, the new ones? Nothing like doing PT and feeling like you're wrapped in a trash bag. When the army went to those I had already left the world of wearing silly things. I can't remember a time when I wore it.

Funny you would mention that, I was going through some old containers in the basement looking for my gortex coat and found my PT jacket in there as well.  I thought wow I haven't had this thing on in over ten years... lets do this.  Instantly after picking it up I remembered the crunchy, terrible feeling and lack of protection from the cold that it provided and just put it back in the box.  Will try again in 10 more years and see what happens.

The old PT sweats may not have looked as cool, but at least they served a purpose.

However - credit goes to the people that made the army PT shirts.  I've got a few that have been worn on a regular basis since 2001 and they still look brand new.  They're great at wicking away sweat in the summer.

Edited by Sam1
The Winter PT jackets are a joke. The older ones had that elastic band that rode up and made the jacket look like it has love handles

The new black ones did away with the elastic and now flap up and let cold air in

The pants are decently warm and comfortable - and dont have any Army markings on them thankfully.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk