SNOW!!

Mwhiskey

Funny you would mention that, I was going through some old containers in the basement looking for my gortex coat and found my PT jacket in there as well.  I thought wow I haven't had this thing on in over ten years... lets do this.  Instantly after picking it up I remembered the crunchy, terrible feeling and lack of protection from the cold that it provided and just put it back in the box.  Will try again in 10 more years and see what happens.

The old PT sweats may not have looked as cool, but at least they served a purpose.

However - credit goes to the people that made the army PT shirts.  I've got a few that have been worn on a regular basis since 2001 and they still look brand new.  They're great at wicking away sweat in the summer.

PT sweats, PT shirts? :confused:  :stunned:  :whistle:

The Winter PT jackets are a joke. The older ones had that elastic band that rode up and made the jacket look like it has love handles

The new black ones did away with the elastic and now flap up and let cold air in

The pants are decently warm and comfortable - and dont have any Army markings on them thankfully.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

PT jackets, PT pants? :biglol:  :bowrofl:  :rofl:  :hiding:

PT_zpsv87yqicu.jpg

Edited by crossfire

Well it has finally stopped snowing for the moment, we have at least 11.5 closer to 12 on the ground. Power went off at 12:30 this morning and stayed off until 8:15 but we kept temp inside at a balmy 60 degrees with the Ashley wood heater. I am really looking for the power to go off again as I see lots of cedar trees with limbs touching the ground or snow on the ground. I only worry about the 13-15 degree forecast for tonight and keeping my pipes from busting. Ya'll be safe out there and stay warm. See my post in survival for some fails in my preparation plans.

• Like 1

At 5:30 am, TDOT traffic cams show at least 1 lane pretty much clear on all the Nashville interstates.

Interstates are now clear as far as traffic blockages are concerned.  Other roads are problematic going up and down hills. Between traffic and not knowing how to drive in snow, I saw several problems last night driving Donelson Pike and Nolensville Road, mostly going uphill.  The interstates were okay, but had patches of ice. 

• Like 1
My wife and I were sitting in our warm home enjoying the morning, and seeing the great view of the clean snow.

Well we heard some activity out front. So I slid on my lackey and walked out to my neighbor and his 2 sons clearing the snow out of my walk and driveway.

I was floored. He told me he was just paying back. He told me his mother lives up north and every time there is a snow. His mothers walks and drive is cleared for her by neighbors.

Makes you understand there are still men in this world who know how to show their sons what values and character is.

We are blessed
  • Like 8

It's amazing how these were never a requirement, and suddenly it was impossible to do PT without one on.

Thrown in walking on a large FOB at night, work railhead detail, and anything else the CSM's decided required one.

One JRTC rotation, we had to wear them so often doing prep at North Fort before going into the box, we just kept them in our cargo pockets. Even the driver and ground guide of the Gators had to wear them in the middle of the day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk, because I felt that Oh Shoot wanted to know that particular bit of information.

PT sweats, PT shirts? :confused:  :stunned:  :whistle:

PT jackets, PT pants? :biglol:  :bowrofl:  :rofl:  :hiding:

PT_zpsv87yqicu.jpg

Agree! I had PT fatigues and PT combat boots, sure you did too. I ran in 'em, PT'd in 'em and sometimes slept in 'em. But that was before the modern, all-volunteer Army. :)
  • Like 1

Please do us a favor and punish those who drive like idiots during these conditions.

I would love to but most of those idiots end up upside down in the ditch. The first day of the snow I put over 95 miles on my car from 7am till 7pm no problem , just go slow and take your time. One crash I worked where a car flipped , the guy had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't his fault because he knows how to drive in snow because he was from Michigan. He said it was the other car in front of him's fault cause he slowed down too quick. I just shook my head and kept my thoughts to myself . People tailgating in ice and snow is rediculous ! Edited by tercel89

Tercel I am assuming you took the "office" shot while stopped in the middle of a street or highway huh? As taking a picture is as dangerous as texting while driving!!! Of course I don't see any vehicles in the shot. Just kidding, thanks for your service and be safe out there with all the "great" drivers we have. I can't imagine having to deal with all the knotheads you do on a daily basis.

• Like 1

All joking aside, it took me a few seconds to actually spot the dog in the picture. :)

Haha, she's not much. But no shedding and small poop. Ha.

I dug the FJ out and drove around. It's a champ. But honestly the LR4 is unstoppable. It's active 4wd management makes it hard to get stuck if you tried. So we drove it most. I was shuttling people all over town.

5b146e620949a8021a483170bb54fd1c.jpg
  • Like 4

But honestly the LR4 is unstoppable. It's active 4wd management makes it hard to get stuck if you tried. So we drove it most. I was shuttling people all over town.

Aren't those Rovers great?  I have a Discovery II (212kmi) and love it.  I let my neighbor use it when he couldn't get up the drive.  His wife called it a rough riding African safari vehicle but it got them everywhere. :up: 

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I have been out and about in the Mustang and the Fiesta all through 'SNOWMEGADDON!!!' with little to no issues.

I used to have a 5 speed Mustang GT that I drove all the time in the snow. Passed many 4wd trucks in the ditch. Just takes common sense, patience, and more patience. Unfortunately big shortage of that anymore.
  • Like 1