SNOW!!

Mwhiskey

My son talked me into a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS80's...and they are the BEST snow and ICE tires I've ever owned. On my 4 by 4 they are awesome. I've had Michelin's for years but I have to say these do better on ice.

You run these year around or on a spare set of wheels?

So... here is my snow story. A co-worker and I had to fly to NYC to check on a few projects and for me to meet our main customers up there. Had really hoped not not ever have to go up there but we have a ton of work up there so even though I would only be the third resource I still needed to meet everyone and get my bearings. When we first got there the big story was the storm coming in mid-day on Friday (we were supposed to leave at 4 PM on Friday. The next day they'd pushed that back where it wasn't a concern. Then  on Wednesday we started getting emails and texts from folks back home asking if we were worried about the storm coming in here...

We checked and decided to move our 4pm flight up to 11:30 and felt pretty good on Wednesday. We did have to pull a couple of really long days on Wed and Thursday to make up for leaving early on Friday. Thursday night at dinner at 10pm the texts started up again and sure enough the storm had moved further up in the day. We stopped eating and changed our flights to the earliest flight possible. This of course meant getting back to the hotel around midnight, packling as best as possible then getting up at 4am to make the journey to LaGuardia.

When we got there any flights anywhere in the NE were all ready all cancelled but flights out west and to the south were still being scheduled. As we boarded our flight everything else south except for 1 flight to Atlanta were cancelled.. We were the 2nd to last place out. Cruised down to Nashville where we had to circle while they plowed the runway. Once we landed we had to follow a plow down the taxiway... SO we got lucky and made it out of the hellhole that is NYC by the skin of our teeth...

Then, it took almost as long to drive to franklin on 65 as it did to fly from NYC... But, now I have a great story to tell...

Mark

• Like 2