Hey fellas.  I have never SBR'd anything and had a couple of quick questions.  I am buying the MPX as a pistol.  When I look to SBR it is there anything I need to know other than fill out the Form 1 and getting proper signatures?  Has there been any problem to get a police chief in Davidson county to sign off?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I filed my last couple form 1s online with my gun trust and no issues thus far. Also didn't have to jump through as any hoops such as the CLEO Sign Off. John Wells who's a member here drew mine up.

It's been 10 years since I submitted one on paper, and the process was enough to make me wait until I had the trust to file another.

I second using John. He's a great guy and made the whole process easy. The only hard part was the drive down there. 

Let me know how you like the MPX. I've been thinking about one a lot here lately. Which kinda stock are you going to use? I think I want the collapsible one. I also plan to run it suppressed.

John is good to go for this type of stuff.  The hardest part of the entire process working with him was finding his office, he's that easy to work with. 

I'd recommend shooting the MPX a good bit before you decide to SBR it.  I'm sure it's a fine gun, but make sure it's something you love and really want to drop the extra time and money for before going through the SBR process.  I'd also recommend giving some though to the value of turning it into an SBR vs. keeping it as a pistol.  There are some legal reasons why keeping it as a pistol might be advantageous, as with a carry permit you can tote it around a lot more places than a rifle.

• Admin Team
For what it's worth, I've got an MPX with the pistol brace, and have considered a second one to SBR. There are advantages to the pistol - it's really the best pistol caliber carbine I've shot. I wouldn't mind keeping it in the pistol configuration for convenience and versatility.

That said, a real stock would be awesome.