Father and Son Gun Store Owners Killed in Shootout With Father and Son Customers

waynesan

This is insane! A father and son gun shop owners got into it with a father and son who were customers over a $25 repair bill on a firearm. Guns were pulled and the owners were killed and the customers were hurt bad. Police are still trying to determine exactly what happened.

This happened in Mississippi.

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article56305535.html#storylink=cpy

Edited by waynesan

Pretty rowdy bunch i would say.... There has to be more to this than what is in this article...

leroy

Don't bet on it. I was in the Hattiesburg area after Katrina. A couple of Mississippi's finest rednecks shot it out over a bag of ice at a convenience store. Nothing to the story. Two rednecks and only one bag of ice.

• Like 4

2 people dead and 2 people seriously injured over a $25 fee for a gun repair is just ridiculous. What in the world is happening to the way people think these days. I do realize that people have killed for a lot less but this is not a reason for anyone to die or be shot over.............jmho  

While this is a sad, sad story, I am always amazed at the lengths people will go to to prove their point over something of little or no value.  Just this morning I was about to parallel park in a meter spot in downtown Knoxville when a lady was yelling at me (so I could hear with my window up I suppose), that the meter in front of her was broken so she intended to back into the space I was attempting to park in.  She wanted to make very clear to me that she was there first (although parking in a different space) and since the first meter she tried didn't work she was therefore entitled to take the space I was about to park in.  I am able bodied and have more to worry about in life than a parking space, so I drove off and (as I was already partially in the spot) and found another place to park.   

• Like 5

While this is a sad, sad story, I am always amazed at the lengths people will go to to prove their point over something of little or no value.  Just this morning I was about to parallel park in a meter spot in downtown Knoxville when a lady was yelling at me (so I could hear with my window up I suppose), that the meter in front of her was broken so she intended to back into the space I was attempting to park in.  She wanted to make very clear to me that she was there first (although parking in a different space) and since the first meter she tried didn't work she was therefore entitled to take the space I was about to park in.  I am able bodied and have more to worry about in life than a parking space, so I drove off and (as I was already partially in the spot) and found another place to park.   

I very much admire you for your decision to allow the lady to have the space. That shows the kind of person you are which is what we need more of in this world...........MHO!!!!

• Like 1

My daughter called me yesterday morning to see if I knew any of these people as I used to competitively shoot in the vicinity. I lived in Mississippi from 1969-2014 and you can bet there are some real rednecks there. But I hate to break it to ya, there are some real rednecks in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and the remaining 46 states plus some foreign countries. I have never understood how people can shoot, kill, maim, injure or whatever to other people over the most asinine, trivial things. I guess in the heat of the moment people go over the edge, but how close were they standing to the edge when this all began. There seems to be more to the story, but you never know. I am like Bersa in that there are too many people that don't value anyone's life any more. Now if I took a gun in to be repaired and it was $2,500 more than we had agreed, I would certainly be pissed but I wouldn't pull a gun and start shooting. I feel for all the families concerned because they will have to live with what their family members have caused. 

• Like 2
  • Moderators

Life is too short to troll with the selfish inconsiderate asses of the world.

Completely senseless.  I read an article different from this one, which indicated that the shooters weren't charged.

Based on the article I read, the gun shop owners handled it poorly.  The customer paid $25 up front to get the gun that day.

Testosterone then got in the way.  The wife tried to get her husband and son to go to another room to de-escalate and they wouldn't go.

I wonder how it would have turned out if they owners said, 'Gee Mr. Customer, we told you the gun would be ready today and it isn't.  Can we make it up to you by waiving the $25?"  or offering a box of ammo or something. or, "We had the ticket marked for next Saturday.  Looks like we mis-communicated.  We want you to be happy.  Let us give you a box of range ammo."

Much of my career has been spent getting ass chewings from customers.  Not only have I never been shot, I usually don't lose the customer.  Though, I'll have to say that one guy threatened to cut my head off with an axe.  

Back when I worked I dealt with the public every day because I owned the auto repair business. I never had an altercation that would have escalated this far with any customer. If it began to go south I would make gestures that would take things down to another level and I don't think I ever lost a customer that left unhappy. If I did I don't remember it. Customers were to hard to come by to risk losing one over something trivial. Bite the bullet, take the loss to keep the customer.  When I began making baits for the public I have shipped baits all over the eastern U.S. and if a customer was not happy with any baits I shipped I would make them new ones and send them N/C. Many times without asking I would get another check from the customer for about half the price to cover my expenses. Keeping a customer happy is not hard if you are willing to exert a little effort...............jmho

• Like 1

Here is my essay:

I am granted the Right to Keep and Bear Arms by the United States
Constitution 2nd Amendment. It does not say I am required to write
an essay to be granted that right. It does not say that I need to
pay $1,100.00 to attend a class to obtain the right to bear arms.
I am not a convicted felon and am not wanted by the law for any
crimes against any city, county, state or Federal authority but I am
a law biding citizen.
Therefore I expect that I be given my Rights as expressly written
in the Constitution Bill of Rights by WE THE PEOPLE.
The End..............