Agency Arms Glock 19

jmevis

Anybody have any experience with Agency Arms? I'm about to send my 19 in for a full build. 

I mean no disrespect but when you go taking metal off the slide and doing major things like weight reduction it affects the recoil springs weight and so on and so on . If I were you , I would maybe do things such as lighten the trigger and stuff like that myself and leave the slide and frame and such as is or do it yourself . Sometimes these major modifications will affect reliability. Again , I mean no harm nor disrespect . I just like to see a gun run reliable . Plus they may charge you an arm and a leg to do it .

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 1

I mean no disrespect but when you go taking metal off the slide and doing major things like weight reduction it affects the recoil springs weight and so on and so on . If I were you , I would maybe do things such as lighten the trigger and stuff like that myself and leave the slide and frame and such as is or do it yourself . Sometimes these major modifications will affect reliability. Again , I mean no harm nor disrespect . I just like to see a gun run reliable . Plus they may charge you an arm and a leg to do it .

Its cool man not every one gets it, or its not their thing. From what I have found Agency does a great job at these services and doesn't affect reliability. I cant tell you how many "home jobs" I have seen that have rendered a Glock unreliable. 

I don't own a lot, but what I do own is nice, and I shoot the crap out of it. 

Edited by jmevis
  • Like 2

The greatest feat of gunsmithery was convincing people that Glocks are 1911s and need to be customized to work more better. I can see stippling and cutting the slide for a RDS. I can even see added slide serrations if the end user needs them (I love checkered front strap on a 1911). But some of this stuff just seems to be for the chicks dig it factor.....and by chicks I mean dudes at the range who worry about what pants Costas is wearing this week.

They get good reports in the gun mags I read so good luck with your purchase.

• Like 8

The greatest feat of gunsmithery was convincing people that Glocks are 1911s and need to be customized to work more better. I can see stippling and cutting the slide for a RDS. I can even see added slide serrations if the end user needs them (I love checkered front strap on a 1911). But some of this stuff just seems to be for the chicks dig it factor.....and by chicks I mean dudes at the range who worry about what pants Costas is wearing this week.

They get good reports in the gun mags I read so good luck with your purchase.

I never said I needed it to work better. I shoot a stock 19 just fine and have no problem with it. They are stippling the frame and cutting the slide for a RDS. 

Man I have found this topic to be very touchy. 

I think we all got in to guns at one point because we thought they were cool?!?! Maybe its just me.  

Edited by jmevis

No, it's not really a touchy subject just differing opinions onthe level of customazation and money involved being put into a Glock. None of that really mattters to anyone else but you though because its your Glock and your money. If having these folks do a full custom gun for you is what you want then do it, I haven;t found anything negative on them. I know other folks who've spent a lot of money having ROBAR do full custom frame mods and slide work on GLOCKS and they have all the customers they can handle. I hope you post completed pictures of your G-19 you intend to have worked on.

Rock on, man.  I came across their website the other day and I find what they do pretty interesting.  I'm sort of half and half on what they offer, however.  If I were to do anything to my G19 and have them do it, it'd be the frame mods.  I'd be leery of messing with the slide for reliability reasons, but that's just my opinion it's not based on any evidence of failures to operate correctly.

The one concern I had regarding the frame work they do was subsequent fit with kydex holsters, since some of them index and retain from the trigger guard.  I reached out to them and they noted that they've seen no loss of retention with quality holster maker's products.  So that was good to hear.

For me........undecided.  I have some other things I'd want to throw money at before this but, like others, I'd be very interested in seeing yours once done and even checking it out in person if you'd allow; to see how the frame fits my hand.

• Like 1
I'll second the motion that people tend to hate on Glock "gunsmiths" on this forum. Put up a photo of a 4-5 thousand dollar 1911 and folks will wet themselves. Put half that money or less into a Glock and mostly all you get is rain on your parade.

Agency is awefully pricey for you get, but the look is truely one of a kind. I wish they offered just the slide services as I already have RMR cuts on my guns and I prefer to do my own grip work.

Which package are you having them do?
  • Like 1
I have their drop in flat trigger in my Glock 19 gen4. I love it. Kept weight in a good defensive range but improved overall feel. Its hard to describe without pulling the trigger. I'm sure you will love it and that's all that matters if you got the money. All I can afford is the trigger, lol.
  • Like 1

I'll second the motion that people tend to hate on Glock "gunsmiths" on this forum. Put up a photo of a 4-5 thousand dollar 1911 and folks will wet themselves. Put half that money or less into a Glock and mostly all you get is rain on your parade.

Agency is awefully pricey for you get, but the look is truely one of a kind. I wish they offered just the slide services as I already have RMR cuts on my guns and I prefer to do my own grip work.

Which package are you having them do?

LOL i was thinking the exact same thing about the 1911. In fact i just sold a Kimber that wilson combat had done some work on to fund this project. They do offer just slide services, however with an RMR cut already done I'm not sure if they can mill around that. All agency slides have an RMR cut, but they have a nice cover plate that fills the void when not in use. 

I am having a full build done. "urban" Slide with 3 window cuts serrations etc, frame cuts and stippling, hand fit tigger, TiN barrel, and magwell. 

What RMR are you running? I really want to get one but, I've never actually been able to shoot one....

Edited by jmevis

Rock on, man.  I came across their website the other day and I find what they do pretty interesting.  I'm sort of half and half on what they offer, however.  If I were to do anything to my G19 and have them do it, it'd be the frame mods.  I'd be leery of messing with the slide for reliability reasons, but that's just my opinion it's not based on any evidence of failures to operate correctly.

The one concern I had regarding the frame work they do was subsequent fit with kydex holsters, since some of them index and retain from the trigger guard.  I reached out to them and they noted that they've seen no loss of retention with quality holster maker's products.  So that was good to hear.

For me........undecided.  I have some other things I'd want to throw money at before this but, like others, I'd be very interested in seeing yours once done and even checking it out in person if you'd allow; to see how the frame fits my hand.

Yeah i also asked them about this and they reported zero issues. Ill deff post pics. 

Be carefull about the stippiling if you plan on carrying it. I hear that it can tear up your skin on your hip depending on what kind of holster you got . But I got to admit that the cuts in tthat slide look amazing !

I do plan on carrying it. I think I could sand it down a little if needed, we'll see. Yeah man i love the way it looks. I was going to do Salient but their customer service is crap. And I think the Agency looks better. 

• Like 1
I am in the process of sourcing parts and machining for a Frankenglock.

Some tuning and parts and weight reduction get Glocks working soo much nicer.

However..Agency is a tad bit pricey and their lead times are crazy.

There is a guy here in Clarksville I can connect you with that does work like that for much cheaper

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I'm the opposite of most. I think I'd prefer the slide work more than the frame stippling and reshaping. I don't see much of a need for "enhancement" on a g4 glock. I do like their trigger upgrades. But I do have a question about titanium nitride coatings on barrels. Is there a benefit over nickel boron or the factory tennifer? If it's purely cosmetic, I understand that too because it looks very distinctive under the slide cuts.

Be carefull about the stippiling if you plan on carrying it. I hear that it can tear up your skin on your hip depending on what kind of holster you got . But I got to admit that the cuts in tthat slide look amazing !

I have to wear a t shirt under mine because of that.  Here is my Glock 34 pre-stippled. 

DSC003651024x768.jpg

I'm the opposite of most. I think I'd prefer the slide work more than the frame stippling and reshaping. I don't see much of a need for "enhancement" on a g4 glock. I do like their trigger upgrades. But I do have a question about titanium nitride coatings on barrels. Is there a benefit over nickel boron or the factory tennifer? If it's purely cosmetic, I understand that too because it looks very distinctive under the slide cuts.

Supposedly its a slick coating. I have a SAI BCG in my AR and the TiN is wearing off. Not sure if its "better". I imagine its mostly cosmetic. 

• 5 months later...

Well I picked it up yesterday! i still have an agency TiN barrel on back order so when that comes it I will drop it in. I am currently running it with a SiCo threaded barrel. I have yet to shoot it hoping to today. I can tell you that it is noticeably lighter and after handling it for a while it starts to not feel like a glock any more. 

Let me know of any pictures or questions you have i will do my best to answer. 

f10a9c98-2d97-4b9b-a1d7-8a751b4e4f08.jpg

5AE7677F-2C3B-4E16-AE92-E565EB47C5F4.jpg

67A85102-7CE7-41A7-9A7C-65572DCB0867.jpg

AAD0E3B7-8623-424A-8901-FD467CF0D426.jpg

• Like 5