Canik TP9 SF 9mm

tercel89

Have you ever in your life kept a gun long enough to break it in or even try to like it? lol

Is that meant towards Steelharp or me ? If it was towards me yeah I have a few that I had for 18 yrs now. It's so hard to settl down on just one LOL . 

Is that meant towards Steelharp or me ? If it was towards me yeah I have a few that I had for 18 yrs now. It's so hard to settl down on just one LOL . 

Sorry, I wasn't explicit on that one. lol Sleepy from some meds, and I shouldn't have been on here last night.

I tend to get more open and straightforward than I should be, or so my wife says, when I have a few pills going.

And yes, I was gigging Steelharp on our history.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 1/25/2016 at 4:34 PM, tercel89 said:

I have had Pneumonia and just getting over it and then I fall and injured my back. So I have been burning some sick time at home . So while sitting here I have been researching the Canik TP9 SF . WOW , it seems to be pretty nice . I have a few friends who are trust worthy who would not exaggerate who stated that the TP series is pretty nice and very reliable. The new TP9 SF is just like the rest but with no decocker on top of the slide. I am almost ready to take the plunge but one thing seems to be inthe negative: No spare parts anywhere. I know they have a great warranty but when it comes to owning a gun I like to have spare parts available like a Glock and 1911 . Parts to be found almost anywhere.

I swear right when I think I have found a great new gun something always pops up negatively ! I had high hopes for the Ruger American 9mm but that was a flop after shooting it .

Any of you guys/gals have a Canik TP series ? Have any parts failed or need replacing ?

I owned the tp9 v1 for well over a year cleaned it semi often (not often enough) and put well over 2k rounds through it without any failures at all

Still have my TP9-SA and V2 models, no problems and still running great.

I have seen them at Rural King lately for $379 (TP9 SA) in a sand color.

I have seen one SF model, special order and it was nice but I like the V2 better. Decock for any reason and then pull the trigger to fire.

On 1/27/2016 at 7:56 AM, tercel89 said:

Yeah , kinda like when the HS2000 came to the U.S.  around the late 90's. I remember seeing them for $299. And then Springfield Armory started importing them and raised the price a few hundred dollars to around $440 or so.

I hope to snag up one of these TP9 SF's and hopefully soon.

The HS2000 reference is exactly what I was thinking too.   I bought a used Jericho 941 from Buds when they had them on sale for ~$239, so I was looking for information on them, spare parts etc (which are hard to find even for those), and came across the Canik 55 Shark and the Tristar t120 which are basically clones of the Jericho, they look almost the same, but I had never heard of them before then.    Nothing but positive reviews so far though... and so I'm sure the price will just keep creeping upwards to the point where I might as well buy one of the more well known guns (Glock, M&P, etc) like it did with the HS2000 / XD line.  Like you said, if only parts were more readily available....

• Like 1