Had a big scare the other day that forced me to make some changes

mav

How bizarre. After having a house with a security system I'll never be without one. The peace of mind it provides while away from the house is worth the cost. I don't care how nice the neighborhood might be.

This is something that I'm going to look into.  This is the way that I felt after purchased a gun safe, I'm sure that an alarm system provides for great piece of mind. 

In addition to an alarm, A dog would a great idea too. Any alert dog is great but a large, alert dog is even better. Our boxer is great because he doesn't bark so frequently that we ignore it. Generally if he is barking there is a person, animal or vehicle outside that is out of the ordinary.

Man that's scary. Freaks me out a bit. My whole life goal is to afford a larger pice of land that's somewhat isolated and this type of stuff creeps into my head.

Just keep shooting.

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

You'd be surprised how common something like this is...friend of mine in North AL had something similar happen to him as well about 2 years ago. He owns a bunch of land, lives way off the road, cant see his house etc. Meth head was stumbling through the woods around his house one night and I quote "running from people in white coats" and he broke in to his house.

• Moderators
Alternative Theory: Mav has a second hidden personality that did it all. Even hot wired it because nobody would suspect someone would hot wire their own vehicle for such a purpose. Altmav is smart and cunning and will likely never be caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by CZ9MM

Oh! I just had an epiphany! mav is innocent in this whole thing. It's his mom that has gone all Heisenberg. She's been planning this out for months with the fake reports of strange stuff happening. That gives her a smoke screen when something goes bad. She can point at that history and say "See! I told you so." That's brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...

Can a vehicle even be "hot wired" anymore. If the key is on the column they cant be steered or shifted. When is the last time you saw a key on the dashboard besides the new computer controlled cars which there is no way you are hot wiring those

Can a vehicle even be "hot wired" anymore. If the key is on the column they cant be steered or shifted. When is the last time you saw a key on the dashboard besides the new computer controlled cars which there is no way you are hot wiring those

I've started a 1998 Buick with pocket knife. And have owned more than one truck where the key wasn't needed to start it because the cylinder was so worn out. I've owned two F-150s like that. So yeah some things can still be started without a key.

Sent from behind the anvil

It would concern me that the perps were smart enough to not kill the goose, so to speak, by only using the van and not taking stuff. I would expect the youtes to gradually escalate /get bolder until caught or detected. Then they either (1) lay low until the heat's off; or (2) come back for the 'kill' - hopefully not literally.

Now that you're on to them, take every precaution you can.

Crime is no respecter of the affluent or poor  -Frank Opinion

I too bought a place off the beaten path thinking I would be more safe and secure. WRONG!

I've had some bizarre things occur too, but nothing like what you've experienced. My happenings seem to be some of the locals around here. I attribute the bizarre nature of the events to the gene pool around here. When the inbreeds (inbred) take drugs, strange happenings occur.

Based on what you have said a couple of things are apparent. 

1. They don't fear you and are not worried about leaving evidence to be found.

2. Apparently you're under observation and whomever they are, know everyone's schedules / habits.

I'd be thinking about that?

Most prestigious 2000's vehicles can be started by just removing a simple lock cylinder and strategically using a couple small flat screwdrivers.

Most prestigious 2000's vehicles can be started by just removing a simple lock cylinder and strategically using a couple small flat screwdrivers.

Agreed, but he said it was "hot wired". That is a totally different process than removing the lock cylinder or using a pocket knife instead of a key

• Like 1