Florida vacation handgun carry

I have a question I'm hoping you all can help me with here. I'm going to Destin, Florida for vacation later in the year. This will be my first trip out of state since getting my carry permit a few years ago. Is there anything important I really should be aware of? I know they don't allow "open carry" per se. But If I print or if my shirt gets blown up a little from the wind am I breaking the law at that point should be pistol become exposed? Also, my edc knife is an HK auto/switchblade. Anyone tell me if that will be kosher down there or should I take a regular folder knife? Thanks in advance for the help!

Don't worry about accidentally exposing your firearm. Also printing is not illegal. Florida statute reads out of sight from the ordinary view. Do not purposely set out to open carry and do not overthink it you will be fine.

• Like 1

Just don't carry in the bar area of a restaurant.  There is no penalty for carrying in a location with 'no guns' signs, but you can be asked to leave if people find out you are carrying.  Since you have to conceal, then that shouldn't be a problem.  You can have a handgun in your glovebox without a license.

I had heard that even though they passed the incidental exposure law, some gun unfriendly places were still harassing people if even a glimpse of the gun occurred. It made me somewhat paranoid and also appreciative of what we have here.

I pocketed carried a lot so I would not have to worry about my shirt riding up.
There is a nice app you can buy for a few bucks called CCW-Conceal Carry 50 States. It provides reciprocity info, state firearm law summaries, links to statutes, and a bunch other pertinent info. The app is routinely updated to stay current with changing laws nation wide. I don't know if it is perfect but it is better than I could do on my own looking that stuff up when getting ready for a trip. I like knowing the basics about all of the states I am traveling through as well as the final destination.

Safe travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk