No more Facebook gun sales

This is a group I belong to. So far, they have not banned the sale of guns. https://www.facebook.com/groups/278494068920551/

Dave

"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

- OS

Many of the groups already have several thousand members. Also, current members can add new members. They seem to thrive.

So essentially Facebook groups created their own sub forums for the purposes of extolling firearms or simply as a means of advertising in order to sell or trade guns within the sub forum. That sounds like a convoluted gun forum set up in an overtly left leaning liberal social forum. Its a wonder someone didn't pull the plug sooner...

Many of the groups already have several thousand members. Also, current members can add new members. They seem to thrive.

I just checked and the group has 4,138 members. I personally thought anyone could view the page. That's alright, TGO is the only site I deal with when it comes to buying or selling guns. I don't trust anyone else.

Dave

I just checked and the group has 4,138 members. I personally thought anyone could view the page. That's alright, TGO is the only site I deal with when it comes to buying or selling guns. I don't trust anyone else.

Dave

It's not for everyone. 4,000 members is a fairly small group. Mine has about 13,000, and I am a member of some that have nearly 30,000. 

So it got deleted by Facebook?

Yes they are gradually deleting all the groups that are associated with selling guns. Even some that specifically ban selling and just for discussion.

NFA Guns was deleted for almost 3 days until the admins contacted Facebook and explained the rule on "no gun sales" and they brought it back.

Neal is correct.  I was on at least 4 groups, two disappeared in the last day or so, one phoenix, so am now back to 3.

I think the key is to join these things as soon as they re-appear, to keep the FB Nazi's busy.

Anyone with a group, feel free to PM me a group link here, and I will apply there. 

B.

EDIT - oops.  now the brand new one is gone. in hours it seems.  I would guess on the former administrators, FB is literally monitoring keystrokes.

Edited by R_Bert

Neal is correct.  I was on at least 4 groups, two disappeared in the last day or so, one phoenix, so am now back to 3.

I think the key is to join these things as soon as they re-appear, to keep the FB Nazi's busy.

Anyone with a group, feel free to PM me a group link here, and I will apply there. 

B.

EDIT - oops.  now the brand new one is gone. in hours it seems.  I would guess on the former administrators, FB is literally monitoring keystrokes.

I actually think there are people reporting these groups to Facebook.  Not employees, just every day panty-wetters who click the report button

• Like 4

Maybe gundistrict.com can fill the gap.

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/366765

There's the alternative to FB ^

The appeal to FB is that it was (at some point) broad spectrum.  All parts of life.  I really liked a outfit that was capable of looking at, but not focusing.... on any one aspect.

I want to chatter with both gun-loving & non-gun loving friends alike....about guns, as well as the topics they cherish (where I may not be a fan).

So - while I hope there will indeed arise an alternate to FB, anything with a pointed title probably ain't it.  In the case of the above, it seems to be a conservative gun forum. 

• Like 1

The appeal to FB is that it was (at some point) broad spectrum. All parts of life. I really liked a outfit that was capable of looking at, but not focusing.... on any one aspect.

I want to chatter with both gun-loving & non-gun loving friends alike....about guns, as well as the topics they cherish (where I may not be a fan).

So - while I hope there will indeed arise an alternate to FB, anything with a pointed title probably ain't it. In the case of the above, it seems to be a conservative gun forum.

My thoughts, exactly.

I used to do all my trading on FB since it was free and seemed pretty safe. Since the ban, it has encouraged me to stop just browsing TGO and buy a membership. That is at least a bright side to this whole thing. :)

We should charge double for people like you. ;-)