Gauging Interest - TGO Logo Stainless Steel Tumbler

TGO David

TGO Logo Custom ORCA Tumbler  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants one?

• I'll take one!
    • I'll take more than one!

Yep. Chances are so's the device you're posting to TGO on, though. ;)

True, but buying from a TN company who has their stuff made in China doesn't instill patriotism. Yeti has two plants in the US and one in the Philippines. And you can request US made from Yeti.
  • Admin Team

True, but buying from a TN company who has their stuff made in China doesn't instill patriotism. Yeti has two plants in the US and one in the Philippines. And you can request US made from Yeti.

The fact that tooling up and transoceanic freight take so long is the reason that you haven't been able to buy a YETI Rambler since last summer. They're making their drinkware in China. They do make coolers in Iowa, Wisconsin and the Phillipines.

Jackson Kayak was making Orca's rotomolded stuff for a while. The need for more capacity has led them overseas, too. Per their site "Products bearing this symbol are designed by ORCA Coolers in the U.S.A., but may be produced outside of the U.S.". it's unfortunate for sure.

We've got a member here who can tell you how much it costs to manufacture a good mug in the U.S.

The fact that tooling up and transoceanic freight take so long is the reason that you haven't been able to buy a YETI Rambler since last summer.

I've bought 2 30 ounces and 1 20 ounce in the last month. It's kinda like .22 ammo, just gotta know where to look. Edited by glowdotGlock

The fact that tooling up and transoceanic freight take so long is the reason that you haven't been able to buy a YETI Rambler since last summer. They're making their drinkware in China. They do make coolers in Iowa, Wisconsin and the Phillipines.

Jackson Kayak was making Orca's rotomolded stuff for a while. The need for more capacity has led them overseas, too. Per their site "Products bearing this symbol are designed by ORCA Coolers in the U.S.A., but may be produced outside of the U.S.". it's unfortunate for sure.

We've got a member here who can tell you how much it costs to manufacture a good mug in the U.S.

A quick Google shows plenty of places to buy a rambler. Not sure what you mean by that. And shipping is never the hold up. Production will, but shipping in today's world isn't really a constraint for anything.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hey guys... no harm in asking!   We are still moving forward.  I had one prototype made and it frankly looked horrible.  The engraving service was proving hard to work with so I abandoned them and have started working with another.

Hope to have word this week!  :)

• Like 7
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure about all the hype regarding these type of cups, but after picking up a RTIC 30 Tumbler for $25 (with splash-proof lid), I am sold.

I couldn't believe how long my coffee stayed scolding hot. Almost too long, really. Now I'll have to make my morning coffee a little earlier in the morning and leave the lid off so it can cool a bit before I leave for work. The old "insulated" cup I was using would allow the coffee to become lukewarm within 30 minutes or less. Not this bad boy. 

No matter how long it will keep cold drinks cold, I don't think I'd care to drink anything that's had ice sitting it in for several hours. However, if I fill this cup with Crystal Light before bed, it definitely seems to be much cooler in the morning, compared to the old cup I was using. I'm definitely sold on the type of cups.  

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • 2 weeks later...