TGO David

TGO Logo Custom ORCA Tumbler  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants one?

• I'll take one!
    • I'll take more than one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Ok folks, here are some photos of the two 20oz tumblers, the 27oz tumbler and the giant 30oz tumbler.

i-Xp46j5q-L.jpg

i-vfLx9s9-L.jpg

i-Xp46j5q-L.jpg

My thoughts on this are that I'd like to offer two sizes.  I suppose we could offer three but the 27oz and 30oz are so close to the same size that I just am not sure I see the point in it, but I'll open that matter to discussion.

If I were going to buy two of these myself, I would do the two RTIC models:  20oz and 30oz.  I really can't tell a difference between the quality of the Yeti and the RTIC.  Certainly not for the 100% difference in price.

I really like the 27oz Orca, but again the size difference between it and the 30oz RTIC isn't that great but the price difference is more than you would perhaps expect.  So speaking of pricing, I am still trying to nail that down with the supplier.  So far everything I have bought from them has not had any sort of bulk discount, and I've paid full shipping price per.  I think we can drive price down by taking a pre-order, ordering a bunch of them at one time, and get a bulk shipping cost.

If we do this, it'll probably be something I do twice a year at most.  I wouldn't stock them.

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Here's a side by side comparison of all four sizes.  I also think the RTIC tumblers are a little more ergonomic / easier to hold.  I wear a size Medium glove so my hands aren't exactly big, and the Orca 27oz is honestly pushing the limit of what I can wrap my fingers around and keep a good handle on.

The RTIC tumblers have a "shoulder" manufactured into them and that makes them a little easier to get good purchase on.

i-kWGdmgL.jpg

• Like 2

I prefer the 20 oz size - I have a Yeti already. But I like the idea of two sizes. Honestly, I'll probably get one of each. I can't see paying a brand premium as the quality appears to be good on all of these (I've handled all of the brands at one point or another). 27 vs 30 is irrelevant to me. If getting both RTIC makes life easier at all, I'd say that's the right path.

I think they look great and am ready to preorder. :drool:

I have an 27 oz. (I think) ORCA now and I like it alot except it is sometimes hard to hold.  I spoke with ORCA recently and was told that they will be offering handles very soon.  I dont care really which ones you go after.  Ill buy one of them with the TGO logo, probably in 20oz.  That way I'll have a smaller one for coffee and a larger one for cold drinks.  Like David, Ive noticed that these can be hard to handle, and I DO have large hands, lol.  Im looking forward to the ORCA handles.  Looking online I see that there are handles marketed to fit all of them, but I dont really like the looks of them, and Im waiting to see what the ORCA handles look like.  If David's post of pictures above is what we need to vote on, Ill take a Rtic 20 oz.

Edited to add:  I just noticed that ORCA also offers a 20 oz Chaser Cafe, with a handle, made for coffee I think...

Edited by barewoolf
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
49 minutes ago, barewoolf said:

Edited to add:  I just noticed that ORCA also offers a 20 oz Chaser Cafe, with a handle, made for coffee I think...

Yep, the Chaser Cafe is brand new and wasn't shipping as of a few weeks ago.   Is it yet?   As soon as those are available via the custom shop that I'm using, I will definitely check into making those available here too. :)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, jonathon1289 said:

20 and 30 oz RTIC works for me.

Ditto.

I'm not up on the tumblr brands, so unless Yeti or Orca offer some kind of amazing benefit that will be apparent for this thing to sit in my drink console or be by water sipper at home, the cost markup wouldn't be worth it.

12 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Yep, the Chaser Cafe is brand new and wasn't shipping as of a few weeks ago.   Is it yet?   As soon as those are available via the custom shop that I'm using, I will definitely check into making those available here too. :)

Just double checked their web site and it lets me add it to the checkout cart and doesn't say back ordered or anything like that, so,  I think yes, its shipping...I also emailed to ask, but haven't got a response yet.

• Administrator

@barewoolf - Good to know.  I checked on them last week and they were still an item marked as Coming Soon.  I will have to check and see if my folks have their engraving systems set up to accommodate those yet, and if they can get them for me.  Might be a good thing to do sometime later this Summer.

• Administrator

UPDATE...

I've spoken with the supplier and we will be going with the 20oz and 30oz RTIC tumblers as they are the most cost effective and are just as nice of quality as the ORCA or the Yeti tumblers.  I have pricing, I just need to nail down shipping costs so that we can begin taking pre-orders.  I hope to have this done by this Friday so that we can begin taking orders over the weekend.

The window for ordering will be two weeks.  After two weeks are up, the window will close and I will get them on the way to us. :)

i-KgCFq83-L.jpg

• Like 8
13 hours ago, musicman said:

Cool beans. I'm in for at least one 30 oz.  My silly european car has narrow cup holders, and I think this will be perfect!

Just do like Jimmy on "Better Call Saul."  He took the tire iron and chiseled out the cup holder so his coffee cup would fit. 

• Like 2