G40 MOS with Burris FastFire 3 and Ameriglo sights

martinjd

In case anyone is interested in going down the same path I thought I would show pics of my G40 with a Burris FastFire 3 mounted using plate # 5 of set 2 provided by Glock. I used the screws provided by Glock to mount their adapter plate, along with some threadlocker 222. I had read in some other posts that neither the screws provided with the Burris or by Glock would be suitable for mounting the optic. The other post recommended screws from a company named Traxx and gave the following link to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O5IBQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I ordered them and applied some more 271 and it was a perfect fit.

Finding sights to act as a backup was a harder job. I had read a post that stated that the Dawson sights would work. I tried them but they were too short. Someone suggested calling Glock which sounded reasonable. They were no help and I would have expected that having provided a means to mount an optic they would have gave more thought to this aspect. They suggested calling Dawson or Ameriglo. Since I had already tried Dawson that left Ameriglo. As a side note I also ordered sights from Saurez but they canceled my order and said they were out of stock.

I called Ameriglo and ordered GST-407 for the front, which is .407 inches tall, and GLT-507 for the rear.

http://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-steel-thin-serrated-fronts?variant=7556138689
http://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-tall-steel-rears?variant=7554840257

I ordered the holster from Simply Rugged Holsters and specified that it would have a red dot and tall sights. It fits like a glove.
FullSizeRender1.jpg

FullSizeRender2.jpg

FullSizeRender3.jpg

FullSizeRender6.jpg

FullSizeRender7.jpg

IMG_0590.JPG

Edited by martinjd
  • Like 2

Looks good. I had to get some different screws to mount my RMR on my G40. I found some that worked at the hardware store. After doing some more research, Trijicon sells a kit specifically for the MOSm system that comes with the correct screws and a gasket so the RMR seats properly to the mounting plate.

10f2e0796b562503511dd0a8f69b28a0.jpg6739127a1f9ba461e1529ea00acee138.jpg

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 1

martinjd - Thanks for posting the model numbers of the sights that worked with the MOS system.  The plate makes the optic sit a little higher, so I was interested to see what worked.

martinjd & KahrMan - You both have great looking setups!

martinjd - Thanks for posting the model numbers of the sights that worked with the MOS system.  The plate makes the optic sit a little higher, so I was interested to see what worked.

martinjd & KahrMan - You both have great looking setups!

Thanks. I think KahrMan might be able to get by with a shorter sight since the Trijicon sits a little lower.

Since I've gone down the buy only for a specific purpose route on my firearms, y'alls setup will be the only thing I'm looking to get handgun wise. Since I plan on using it for the field and my main carry is now a G19, all I gotta do is save up some $..... Thanks for the pictures.