UPDATE: TGO dogs for adoption!!

That all those guns came home with me?

Today it was 3 puppies! What in the world is going on here? I feel like I need to trade my vehicle in or something. Just kidding, with the success we had with getting Daisy and rehoming her to an excellent home with the help of a rescue I have decided this is something I am going to heavily pursue with my time. I actually have a foster coming tomorrow as well so that will be our dogs and 4 rescues.

We had a major loss in our house 2.5 weeks ago and we lost both of our female dogs at the same time. While that tragedy cannot be changed, it has inspired me a lot. Today I transported a Great Pyrenees from Monterey to Cookeville and along the way I ended up with 1 8 week old mix breed and 2 pups that are only 4 weeks. I essentially did not have a choice in the matter, I had to step in and fix stupid.

Just a heads up Nashvillians, if you are in the market for new puppies, Big Fluffy Dog Rescue will soon have 6 black border collies and 2 really adorable mix breed white pups that look like a Bernie/GP mix. I met all 8 today and they are ridiculously cute. If you are looking for a new pup or family dog, always feel free to reach out, I will be happy to help.

Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 11

That all those guns came home with me?

Today it was 3 puppies! What in the world is going on here? I feel like I need to trade my vehicle in or something. Just kidding, with the success we had with getting Daisy and rehoming her to an excellent home with the help of a rescue I have decided this is something I am going to heavily pursue with my time. I actually have a foster coming tomorrow as well so that will be our dogs and 4 rescues.

We had a major loss in our house 2.5 weeks ago and we lost both of our female dogs at the same time. While that tragedy cannot be changed, it has inspired me a lot. Today I transported a Great Pyrenees from Monterey to Cookeville and along the way I ended up with 1 8 week old mix breed and 2 pups that are only 4 weeks. I essentially did not have a choice in the matter, I had to step in and fix stupid.

Just a heads up Nashvillians, if you are in the market for new puppies, Big Fluffy Dog Rescue will soon have 6 black border collies and 2 really adorable mix breed white pups that look like a Bernie/GP mix. I met all 8 today and they are ridiculously cute. If you are looking for a new pup or family dog, always feel free to reach out, I will be happy to help.

Good to hear that! See, I told you fostering dogs, especially puppies, can hectic at times but is very rewarding. It is very hard at first when they get adopted and you watch them leave, but it gets easier knowing they are going to a loving home. One tip, especially on puppies, try to foster in multiples because two or three is easier than one because they have buddies to play and sleep with.

And it's also okay from time to time to be a foster failure. :)

Good luck in your new endeavors!
  • Like 1

I wish you the best of luck, you're trying to do a good thing. We volunteered and served on the boards of two different large animal rescues, fostered, etc. That experience really changed the way I look at rescue organizations. I hope your work with the canine groups turns up nothing but the best. 

try to foster in multiples because two or three is easier than one because they have buddies to play and sleep with  -- I am going to pretend that I already knew that and it was my intentions when I brought the 3 home today.

And it's also okay from time to time to be a foster failure. :)  -- There is a little girl here, she is brindle like my old boy we lost last year, she's already working on Monkey. She fell asleep in his arms and started dreaming, her little feet were twitching, he started to melt into a puddle right then and there. 

Good luck in your new endeavors!  -- Thank you!! I hope it is rewarding as today was. I know there will be scary and sad things from time to time but after the loss of our girls, I feel like I can face anything and kick it's butt!!

I wish you the best of luck, you're trying to do a good thing. We volunteered and served on the boards of two different large animal rescues, fostered, etc. That experience really changed the way I look at rescue organizations. I hope your work with the canine groups turns up nothing but the best. 

Thank you, I look forward to reaping the rewards. Placing Daisy in an amazing home with 2 great people really helped boost my confidence that I can do this and succeed. I know every day won't be perfect, but its ok. I've already served them 2 meals and I am totally going to have to go change pads galore but I set up a pretty awesome pen. It helps make it a breed. I am only working with one organization and it's a pretty awesome one in my opinion. It is really difficult in the Putnam/Overton/Jackson county area. They don't treat their animals as pets. They treat them like disposable beings. Today I picked up an owner surrender. She was gorgeous. They didn't want her because she wasn't a full blooded Great Pyrenees. The whole way to her foster home she sat behind me with her shoulder on my head. Almost like a thank you. It was incredible.

When I lived in East Tennessee it was common when bear season came to an end for "hunters" to leave their dogs in the woods.  Specifically dogs that were old or didn't hunt well.  Multiple times I had hounds show up at my place skinny and scared.  I'd feed them for as long as they would stay but they always disappeared within a few days.  I'm not sure what is worse, shooting a dog that won't hunt or leaving it in the woods.  Probably best to just put a bullet in the piece of trash that thinks that either is acceptable but evidently there are laws against that :confused:  I've had working (hunting) dogs and they were still family, I just don't get that disconnect.

I've never lived anywhere, where dogs were so disposable. The guy I got one of the fosters from yesterday swore he wormed them twice. Yesterday all 3 pups tested positive for Hook and Round Worms. This morning, the puppy he "took good care of", showed me just how well after he ate. If I knew his name or where he lived, I'd go take all of his dogs right now. I'm beyond furious.
Had a guy try to trade me 2 pit bull puppies for my Sig on FB...found that kinda odd.

The admins quickly balled him up, I understand life gets in the way of having pets but I dont agree with using them as barter pieces.....that also goes along with paying 2 grand for a Husky puppy

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If you browse the pets section on golsn.com, which mostly serves your area, it is very common to see ads offering grown dogs for trade for random things. My pets are not currency, they are family.

People in this area are HORRIBLE. Some j@ck@ss brought back a dog to the shelter today while I was there pulling my new foster and oops another one. He brought it back because "it got out too much". Really? Get a better fence, train your dog. I was livid. It's a good thing I don't work there.

I pulled a 3 month old Pit Bull mix who was in the back in "intake". He's literally a walking skeleton. He put us at 5 fosters. All unplanned, all picked up in the last two days but I couldn't not do anything. So I took Daisy's adoption fee and put it towards the 4 pups we have here. My 5th foster comes Thursday after her spay. She's heading to CT. Once these 4 are old enough and healthy enough, I'll share. They're so cute and fuzzy right now I'd have a heard of people banging down my door!

Yes, you definitely have to post pictures soon!  There's just something about photos of cute little fuzzy puppies that starts the day off right!

And thanks for what you're doing helping to find good homes for these pets.  That is awesome!

People in this area are HORRIBLE. Some j@ck@ss brought back a dog to the shelter today while I was there pulling my new foster and oops another one. He brought it back because "it got out too much". Really? Get a better fence, train your dog. I was livid. It's a good thing I don't work there.

I pulled a 3 month old Pit Bull mix who was in the back in "intake". He's literally a walking skeleton. He put us at 5 fosters. All unplanned, all picked up in the last two days but I couldn't not do anything. So I took Daisy's adoption fee and put it towards the 4 pups we have here. My 5th foster comes Thursday after her spay. She's heading to CT. Once these 4 are old enough and healthy enough, I'll share. They're so cute and fuzzy right now I'd have a heard of people banging down my door!

Yes, you definitely have to post pictures soon! There's just something about photos of cute little fuzzy puppies that starts the day off right!
And thanks for what you're doing helping to find good homes for these pets. That is awesome!

I just snapped an "accident shot" it is priceless. But right now I have a 4 week old pup sleeping in my arm so I can't get to the dang laptop! Soon! I promise!

Meet the pups!

Here is Reddington, Red for short.

IMG_1255_zpsgoonepjy.jpg

Here is Lizzie, which is his litter mate (She's a beautiful brindle):

IMG_1256_zpsfsl7tgrl.jpg

Here is Donald Ressler (See the theme yet?):

IMG_1257_zpsufcszivr.jpg

Here they are food drunk and sleepy and cute:

IMG_1299_zpsuxzx74fb.jpg

If this doesn't make you smile, then I am certain that you do not have a soul:

IMG_1312_zpsdfphjezf.jpg

And here is where you will be upset, so luckily you can go back up and look at cute puppies..

This is Harold Cooper, he was my last "rescue" today. Here he is sleeping in my arm while we are at the vet waiting to be seen:

IMG_1292_zpsl2syzxgq.jpg

Sweet and innocent, snuggly and wonderful.. And then here is a view of him as a whole:

IMG_1293_zpseplo7kc9.jpg

The minute I saw him, I knew he had to come with me or his chances of survival were slim to none. I say that because of the condition he was in, the fact that he needed serious medical care and to be fed at least 4-6 times a day. They only feed one big meal in the morning at the shelter so they can clean it up before they go home. I am not knocking it, but clearly this boy needed more.

He is here and perfectly wonderful. He is quiet, his tail is always on the go and he gives kisses freely and softly. How in the world he has the energy for that, I do not know. But I am determined to make him fat and happy.

Keep in mind he is 3-4 months and the same size as 8 week old Donald Ressler. So that's it. There you have it. The Blacklist puppies of the Monkey house. I'm 97% sure they will all be available for adoption sooner or later depending on health. 

Red and Liz are 4.5 weeks and are 2/3 Pit and 1/3 Boxer but that's coming from an idiot who took 4 week old puppies from their mother. Donald Ressler is 8 weeks old and I have no idea what he is. He came from a gentleman who doesn't believe in spaying or neutering his pets because he can just dump puppies at the rescue if he can't sell them; I think he's Great Pyrenees and something else mixed. The guy said he was part Pit Bull but I highly doubt that. He has no tail at all because the "gentleman" also self docks the dogs tails. Harold Cooper is roughly 3-4 months old and a Lab/Pit Mix but he really looks like a Visla to me. He's at least 15 lbs underweight and he also has eye drops right now so clearly he's with us for quite a while. If you have interest, please know there is an application to be filled out and Adoption Fees. The Fees basically cover the full vetting of the animal including spay or neuter. It also helps us save other animals. But again, it is only recovering the vet fees which are discounted for the rescue.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Meet the pups!

Here is Reddington, Red for short.
IMG_1255_zpsgoonepjy.jpg
Here is Lizzie, which is his litter mate (She's a beautiful brindle):
IMG_1256_zpsfsl7tgrl.jpg
Here is Donald Ressler (See the theme yet?):
IMG_1257_zpsufcszivr.jpg
Here they are food drunk and sleepy and cute:
IMG_1299_zpsuxzx74fb.jpg
If this doesn't make you smile, then I am certain that you do not have a soul:
IMG_1312_zpsdfphjezf.jpg
And here is where you will be upset, so luckily you can go back up and look at cute puppies..

This is Harold Cooper, he was my last "rescue" today. Here he is sleeping in my arm while we are at the vet waiting to be seen:
IMG_1292_zpsl2syzxgq.jpg
Sweet and innocent, snuggly and wonderful.. And then here is a view of him as a whole:
IMG_1293_zpseplo7kc9.jpg
The minute I saw him, I knew he had to come with me or his chances of survival were slim to none. I say that because of the condition he was in, the fact that he needed serious medical care and to be fed at least 4-6 times a day. They only feed one big meal in the morning at the shelter so they can clean it up before they go home. I am not knocking it, but clearly this boy needed more.
He is here and perfectly wonderful. He is quiet, his tail is always on the go and he gives kisses freely and softly. How in the world he has the energy for that, I do not know. But I am determined to make him fat and happy.

Keep in mind he is 3-4 months and the same size as 8 week old Donald Ressler. So that's it. There you have it. The Blacklist puppies of the Monkey house. I'm 97% sure they will all be available for adoption sooner or later depending on health.

Red and Liz are 4.5 weeks and are 2/3 Pit and 1/3 Boxer but that's coming from an idiot who took 4 week old puppies from their mother. Donald Ressler is 8 weeks old and I have no idea what he is. He came from a gentleman who doesn't believe in spaying or neutering his pets because he can just dump puppies at the rescue if he can't sell them; I think he's Great Pyrenees and something else mixed. The guy said he was part Pit Bull but I highly doubt that. He has no tail at all because the "gentleman" also self docks the dogs tails. Harold Cooper is roughly 3-4 months old and a Lab/Pit Mix but he really looks like a Visla to me. He's at least 15 lbs underweight and he also has eye drops right now so clearly he's with us for quite a while. If you have interest, please know there is an application to be filled out and Adoption Fees. The Fees basically cover the full vetting of the animal including spay or neuter. It also helps us save other animals. But again, it is only recovering the vet fees which are discounted for the rescue.

Very cute pups. Awesome what you are doing for all of these little furry friends. That plus being a Blacklist fan makes you tops in my book. Thanks for being part of the solution.
  • Like 1

Very cute pups. Awesome what you are doing for all of these little furry friends. That plus being a Blacklist fan makes you tops in my book. Thanks for being part of the solution.

I was at the vet and she asked big boys name and I looked at her and said Donald Ressler. I looked at my bill later and he was "Donald Wrestler". Not everyone gets it but I was at a loss for names and I missed last weeks episode. Plus we already have a Gibbs and quite honestly I hate Bishop and Abby is getting too old to act the way she does. I could have gone Blindspot names but The Blacklist just suited these terrorists!

WHAT!??? No Samar? You should be on high alert as you appear to have a cute girl pup headed your way soon...

And, it's on you to make sure Ressler is properly armed. Nothing less than a 10mm collar will do.

Good on you again. You're building up good karma points at a ridiculous pace...

Mark

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I was at the vet and she asked big boys name and I looked at her and said Donald Ressler. I looked at my bill later and he was "Donald Wrestler". Not everyone gets it but I was at a loss for names and I missed last weeks episode. Plus we already have a Gibbs and quite honestly I hate Bishop and Abby is getting too old to act the way she does. I could have gone Blindspot names but The Blacklist just suited these terrorists!

Agree Bishop and Abby have about ruined the show for us. Heard Dinozzo is leaving. That will end it for us.
  • Like 1

WHAT!??? No Samar? You should be on high alert as you appear to have a cute girl pup headed your way soon...

And, it's on you to make sure Ressler is properly armed. Nothing less than a 10mm collar will do.

Good on you again. You're building up good karma points at a ridiculous pace...

Mark

I know someone else with good Karma points too. :)  Samar almost came this morning. The crackhead that sold me Liz and Red texted me asking if I wanted another female only this time she tried to get more money out of me. It didn't go well for her and I ended the conversaton informing her I am going to contact the White County Sheriffs Department and the Sparta Police Department to report her. She shut up after that. I am picking up another Foster today. Her name is Glamora which is ridiculous so I think I shall call her Samar. She will only be here 1 week. Ressler is a ridiculous puppy with TONS of energy. He's gonna be a big boy too. I am thinking he's GP and Bernard mix. He's 16 lbs at 8 weeks. He beats up Liz and Red so it's kinda appropriate that I gave the names to who I did! LOL 

Agree Bishop and Abby have about ruined the show for us. Heard Dinozzo is leaving. That will end it for us.

Michael Weatherly is leaving at the end of the season. Fingers crossed it is to go live with Ziva and not in a body bag. I almost hope she comes for him and there's a wedding. He had a DUI a while ago and after that he decided to leave the show but he still has a development deal with CBS so we will be seeing him in something else. This is not how I saw it going either. I really thought Gibbs would be gone at the end of this season with his knees so bad that he can barely walk but I guess with his shooting they've figured out a way to cover it good.

Just Random FYI at this point. Ressler will be available within the next 2-4 weeks. Once he is neutered he will be adoptable. So if any one is looking for a mini horse puppy with a heart on his nose, let me know!

Hey Guys,

I have had a message offering assistance with the pups. I went ahead and created a YouCaring page for the pups. 

https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

If you want to make any sized donation to help with their vetting and care, it would be greatly appreciated. Anything raised over what they need medically and food wise will go to me helping rescue and pull more pups from the shelter and I will donate the rest to the rescue that helped with Daisy. 

Thanks again!

Lacey

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I have had a message offering assistance with the pups. I went ahead and created a YouCaring page for the pups.

https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

If you want to make any sized donation to help with their vetting and care, it would be greatly appreciated. Anything raised over what they need medically and food wise will go to me helping rescue and pull more pups from the shelter and I will donate the rest to the rescue that helped with Daisy.

Thanks again!

Lacey

Done. Thanks for everything you are doing to help these guys and girls. Wish I could take one, but too much travel right now.
  • Like 1

Done. Thanks for everything you are doing to help these guys and girls. Wish I could take one, but too much travel right now.

I almost had a heart attack driving. I knew it was a TGO member. Thank you so unbelievably much! If travel is the issue I will gladly hold one until you're shedule is clear. Thank you so, so much for your generosity. It's appreciated more than you know!

Donation sent. :usa:
How about "Probie"? :P

Pick a face and I will give him that name. Your donation was kind. So pic away! What about the big fuzz ball? I'm kinda tired of calling him Donald. LOL Thank you again for your kindness! It's much appreciated. Monkey told me last night I might have to sent up a 501c3 if I keep bringing home dogs.

P.S. If I name Donald, Probie. Then I am going to need a Gunney too right? Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500