UPDATE: TGO dogs for adoption!!

I want to thank all of the great TGO members for all their help and good wishes. MrsMonkey took this all on herself and it has been a challenge. Just one look at Cooper makes it all worth while. The little pups are fuzzy and cute and I feel will find much better homes this way, but Cooper and Glam are really special. To see these two that have never know anything other than the animal shelter is amazing. Cooper is more comfortable in his crate where he feels safe than any other dog I've seen. I think it's the first time in his life he can relax. At six months glam is seeing the world for the first time outside of the shelter. I'm really proud of my wife for doing this even after I woke up with a puppy on my face. :)
  • Like 4

SOm

I want to thank all of the great TGO members for all their help and good wishes. MrsMonkey took this all on herself and it has been a challenge. Just one look at Cooper makes it all worth while. The little pups are fuzzy and cute and I feel will find much better homes this way, but Cooper and Glam are really special. To see these two that have never know anything other than the animal shelter is amazing. Cooper is more comfortable in his crate where he feels safe than any other dog I've seen. I think it's the first time in his life he can relax. At six months glam is seeing the world for the first time outside of the shelter. I'm really proud of my wife for doing this even after I woke up with a puppy on my face. :)

Some of us are very lucky in so many ways giving back a bit is easy and so worth it! Mrs Monkeyman deserves a huge thank you for doing what she can. Of course I'm sure that she is getting lots of thanks from the puppies!

You sure do have a winner there Monkeyman

• Like 1

SOm

Some of us are very lucky in so many ways giving back a bit is easy and so worth it! Mrs Monkeyman deserves a huge thank you for doing what she can. Of course I'm sure that she is getting lots of thanks from the puppies!

You sure do have a winner there Monkeyman

We are blessed to have room in our home and a great place for puppies to run. Around this area the is a huge amount of animal neglect and I hope we can continue to take them in and help them find great homes. And yes she's a winner, she gets me puppies and guns! :)
  • Like 3
I can tell the difference in my donors. And a lot of you guys have made amazing contributions that I am beyond grateful for. I truly believe I have found my purpose in life when it comes to work. I will be looking into forming my very own rescue and filing for a 501c3. In the mean time, I am beyond proud, excited and blessed to say in almost 24 hours I have raised 40% of my goal! To everyone here who has donated I want to show my thanks! Monkey and I will have a TGO cookout this spring to say thank you. Remember, he used to be a chef!

If you're interested in donating:
https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

Even the smallest bits help. Also, I will be posting new photos tonight. Coop has gained a lot of weigh already. Still looks awful but there's been a change for the good. Also I'll post our 5th foster we got last night!

FYI - I also get him Bourbon and Beer too. Although that budget is going to shrink a wee bit for puppies! LOL
  • Like 1

You're welcome, I'm glad that Coop is gaining. Years ago a buddy rescued a retired sled dog (Siberian husky) that had been neglected and was nearly starved. It took several weeks for him to even be able to keep food down in any quantity because he was so messed up. But with a little love he recuperated and was dragging kids up the sledding hill just for fun and love of running. I don't know that he ever got over being hungry! Fritz could go through dog food by the pallet! Sadly he passed away in his sleep after about 5 years but his last years were incredibly happy and he was loved. You are doing good work!

• Like 1
I feel like with Cooper, he's so dang happy despite his horrible start to life. I load his food with Omega 3's, he gets fish oil, I still have him on bio-lac mixed canned food and dry eukanuba. He holds it down very well, he has since we got him. I started him slow but he eats 4-5 times a day. We'll get him there.
  • Like 1

I can't get over how much Cooper looks like our Tapper.

0f3f2293eef6b0795b1114046b9cd208.jpg

We found him in the Kroger parking lot in east Nashville when he was barely the size of a softball. Here's hoping for the best for them all!

Tapper looks A LOT like our Gibbs! How old is he? There was a dog fighting ring broken up by ARC and we think that Gibbs was one of the rejected pups from the people who ran it.

I just constructed a new full proof mess proof puppy palace. I was going through pee pads like crazy. The pen I have can make several shapes and a square only requires 9 pads. I guess you get smart when you're exhausted/desperate.

Anyways, Coops doing great. I have his meals increasing in size and he's getting omega 3's, cod liver oil and glucosamine to help get him back into shape. I don't think he's ever reach Tappers size but you never know.

I now have 4 poopy puppies to go clean. If I leave them for over 20 minutes, there's always at least 1 bath.
Well, it's Kennel Cough. Which stinks. Even with the rescue's discounts we still just shelled out $132.
The good news is he's got a shot and 2 bottles of pills and should be fine in 10 days.

So I hate to be a nag, but for all you dog lovers:

https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

If that doesn't work, you're going to force me to list guns for sale. And that will get me beat. You wouldn't want that, would you? LOL! Don't answer that.
  • Like 1

PerhapsPeterGriffin.jpg

If I do list anything it will be my Glock NiB-X 21sf. Damn think has sat new in a box and I finally took it out last weekend. HATED it. I can't say what it is about it, but it fit so badly and my grouping was AWFUL. Took out my new 20 and grouped perfectly. I either have officially become a super huge ass who loves 10mm only or that gun is just too damn big for my hands despite it being an SF. Had a good talk today with my buddy at the LGS when I picked up my new 17 in NiB-X and he also thought it had to do with size. The 17 is amazing and fits beautifully in my hand. I hate to go back down to 9mm from 10mm but I love the capacity even though my 20 isn't far behind. I for sure have become a NiB-X junkie, I might have to replace my 20 soon. It's my only all black Glock and that is not OK. But Monkey said I would have to sell a kidney or part of my liver before selling a gun.

Hmmm.

That's funny, wrong but funny

:) It is. Thats what makes it great!

I see you're almost half way there... Maybe other can help out? Even in small amounts it will chip away at the costs for you.

I actually received a donation from Australia today! Small amounts help always. Any amount helps. If I told you the whole story of how I got these puppies and what has transpired since Monday it would be a novel. I did't plan on Kennel Cough, especially since he had been vaccinated. I am proud that he's up almost 2.5 lbs in 4 days with me. I am just worried about the babies getting it, because it is airborne. We moved him to a separate room where I will sleep with him tonight to tend to his needs if he has any. And we are about half way there but that was pre-Kennel Cough. 

The vets we use offer the rescue that I work with as an "individual consultant" (meaning they background check applicants and have official adoption contracts) allow me to use their discounts. Which is a blessing. I am going to have to raise my goal a wee bit I think but I will do that down the road because I am going to only spay/neuter as they become ready for adoption. 

Here's 2 of Cooper at the vet today waiting to be seen: 

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_1396_zpsdjoff7k1.jpg.html]IMG_1396_zpsdjoff7k1.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_1395_zpsnccnfpwc.jpg.html]IMG_1395_zpsnccnfpwc.jpg[/URL]

If you compare those to the first picture I posted of him, there is already a big difference in his body. The 2.5 pounds made a big difference. I think the food with added vitamins, glucosamine, bio-lac and kibble mixed is making a big difference. He also eats a whole can of Salmon and Sweet Potato a day, that's supposed to help with his legs. He literally has zero muscle. Once he is better we're going to go outside for playtime and hopefully build some slowly but surely. 

Big things are changing for sure! We just hit over the $500 mark which is amazing. I have also had offers of donations via mail by check. I am ok with that too. Anything is greatly appreciated in helping these pups! Thanks again everyone for all the help. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. I am seriously considering applying for a 501c3 to start doing this constantly. All because of a Coon Hound named Daisy. Who'd have thought a gun forum and a Coon Hound could be that inspiring!?!?!

• Like 2
He sure looks better! Their ability to physically recover is amazing. I'm sure that once he is feeling better and has energy for play that his muscle will return.

His eyes look good and he's certainly relaxed in the photos. I'm sure he'll spring back quick.

Thanks for the update.
  • Like 1

He sure looks better! Their ability to physically recover is amazing. I'm sure that once he is feeling better and has energy for play that his muscle will return.

His eyes look good and he's certainly relaxed in the photos. I'm sure he'll spring back quick.

Thanks for the update.

He is the calmest puppy I have ever seen in my life. All he wants is love and food, a lot of food. His weight gain has helped and with the Kennel Cough I think they got it quick enough that hopefully he'll bounce back quick. He love his crate and the safety that comes with it. He's a great boy. Perfect almost. Now, when he gets healthy and is able to run around, that might be a different story! LOL

Edit: His eyes do look good, I think the antibiotic has helped his eye a lot. He still gets goopy early in the morning but we apply it twice a day and I think it is really helping. He has beautiful eyes.

Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500

Hmmm.

That's funny, wrong but funny

:) It is. Thats what makes it great!

I hope you knew I was kidding.  Sometimes I do have a weird sense of humor  :wacko:

I'd rather see you raise the money than sell a but if it's a gun you hate, well…..  ;)

Did my taxes yesterday and expecting a refund so if you haven't reached your goal when it comes, I'll donate some more. 

• Like 3
I knew you were kidding. I hope you know I was!

I'm a little tight right now but in a week or two I should be able to help a bit more as well.

Every dog I've ever had was a rescue. For a long time I didn't know what went into rescuing these dogs. The fosters, the vets, the drivers and the rescue people that organize it all.

Sage the dog in my avatar is a 8 year old rescue that came from Georgia. We wouldn't have such a great dog if it weren't for rescue folks doing this work.

Come summer we will be looking for another pup preferably a shepherd mix that will be a bit more protective than Sage is. That new pup will be a rescue for sure.
  • Like 1
You guys are both great. Got another very generous donation this morning we're now up to $625! The first puppy we'll be placing is Donald Ressler. He's the Pyrnesse and something mix. He's going to be a hoss. He's already 16 lbs at 8.5 weeks. I'm going to take individual pics today so you can see them all. Except Cooper. He's vouching more today so I'm trying to leave him alone. Except when I take naps with him.

Good people here, keep it up for the pups!

No kidding. TGO'ers will have first dibs on all pups. Like I said Ressler will be up for dibs first, he's a healthy little giant. I have to wait a few more weeks for him to grow his berries so they can be plucked though.

He's so fluffy and cute. He sleeps upside down on his back like our rotties. He's going to be a great family dog. Red and Liz have at least 2-3 months to go just because they're so tiny still. Cooper is here for a while. I need the kennel cough to go away and him to have perfect weight and muscle built.

Thanks again to all the donors. It's more than appreciated! I'm going to nap now since they're knocked out. I'm a bit behind on sleep! LOL Enjoy the super bowl!

OK, well the time has come. I got an email tonight from the rescue asking if I was ready to let Donald Ressler go. To CT. The short answer is no. He needs more booster shots and to be neutered. The fact of the matter is a large portion of the funds raised also came from TGO members. So, here's the deal, I wanted to give you all first dibs on this guy. If you have been thinking about a puppy, this might be your man.

IMG_1415_zpsbzoepcpn.jpg

Pardon the shots, he only holds still for treats!

IMG_1418_zpssp7o0etm.jpg

Good news, he didn't pee in the bed.

IMG_1417_zpscbonqyh9.jpg

This is his masculine pose called "deep in thought".

IMG_1414_zpsmnmyuahk.jpg

IMG_1413_zpsira8glrf.jpg

Getting squirmy here...

IMG_1412_zpsmcn9spfz.jpg

IMG_1405_zpsfelbfwxg.jpg

Not eating my finger, it was a Charlie Bear treat.

IMG_1409_zpsujszk7dm.jpg

So here is where it stands, he will miss this transport to CT because of age, lack of boosters and still being intact. Which means now is the time to speak up if you think you want this stud muffin in your life. He is going to be a big boy. He has no tail. Just a nub which occasionally wiggles. He is sweet and adorable and he will be a big boy. We cannot guarantee his breed at all. I say Great Pyrenees because his head is pointy like one. My MiL is in love with him because he reminds her of her St. Bernard. His adoption fees are only his vet bills. I do this because it allows me to help the next puppy I find in need. We're looking around $250 - $300 for him. He has about 2 more weeks before he can be neutered. So, if you are interested, shoot me an email at predsgirl33@gmail.com and I will send you an adoption application. Thanks!