UPDATE: TGO dogs for adoption!!

Well hopefully someone here gets him.  That puppy would get lost in the first snowstorm in CT (and they're about to get hit up there).

I'm not an expert but from what I can tell, the size of his legs and paws means he will be a big one. (like you said)

Something tells me you were watching the puppy bowl instead of the super bowl... ;)

• Like 1

Well hopefully someone here gets him. That puppy would get lost in the first snowstorm in CT (and they're about to get hit up there).
I'm not an expert but from what I can tell, the size of his legs and paws means he will be a big one. (like you said)
Something tells me you were watching the puppy bowl instead of the super bowl... ;)

The only thing I am watching is puppy pads and puppy wrestling in my own home! LOL we're cord cutters so sadly we missed the pig game. And you're right, he's going to be pretty big. I'm thinking the size of a sheep dog.

Donated a little this morning. It wasn't much. It's great what's your doing. Also had my fiance post it on Facebook (I don't use it)

Sent from my LG-LS990 using Tapatalk

I emailed her this morning. Thank you very much, I really appreciated it. She was very sweet to share it on all of her social media accounts. The more this spreads the better our chances! We're doing so good, I don't want to lose momentum. The rescue I have been fostering for is sending 6 dogs to CT this weekend which will put us down to just the 4 puppies. Which is a bit of a relief. Puppies are the hardest.

Incase anybody is looking for the link: https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225
I'm not much for FB either, but I did try to post it on mine last night, or was it Saturday? Yeah Saturday. I was watching Carolina get taught how to play football last night. lol

Don't get me wrong...I was actually rooting for them. It was so sad.

Anyway, back on track, my wife saw the post and my small donation, and was going to tell her friends today. Maybe some more help on the way for you.
  • Like 1
Thanks so much! We have one leaving for CT on Friday. She isn't part of the https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225 because she was fully sponsored. The poor thing has been in the shelter most of her 6mo of life. She doesn't even know what to do with or how to handle a pig ear. She's danced around it, jumped from it and now she's laying next to it.

Cooper is recovering very well. He's a very special boy, to have the horrible 3 months of life he did, I'm shocked at how resilient he is. He's damn near perfect. We just need to get him to the proper weight and healed from the Kennel Cough.

Ressler, talk about an amazing pup. He's going to be a great dog. Probably a big, lazy couch dog. But a good guard dog. Everything gets his attention and he listens really good! We're a bit from our goal but I am shocked at the kindness and generosity of everyone. Did I mention Australia? Just amazing. Tonight I feel fortunate. I got a check in from an exhausted Daisy who is thriving in her new home and she's quite honestly the reason I took this on. It's just nice to know there are people out there willing to help these dogs with me!!

Social media of any kind is our greatest chance to meet the goal so even if you can't donate, a share goes a long way! Even Australia. ;-)

Edit for auto correct mistakes. I hate my iphone. Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for all the help. Cooper is doing great and hopefully in a few days can start getting out of his room. Glam is ready for her trip to CT and they even have a foster home ready for her. I'm hoping Ressler and Cooper can play together some soon. Poor Ressler just wants to do some romping, he's going to be a really good boy. I also think he's had enough of the two little pups. Liz and Red are just tough as nails, nothing seems to stop them and they love to crawl all over Ressler. I'm really glad to see them doing as well as they are considering how little and young they were when we got them. Well I guess I better get off here and help MrsMonkey change some puppy pads. :)
  • Like 1

You guys are Great!

nah, we're just suckers for Mutts! Scary thing is, Ressler started coughing this morning and he may or may not be coming down with KC. I've moved him to another room (thank god we aren't in our old small house) to see. It's either KC or he's choking up plastic from the puppy pads. If it continues or gets worse he's going to the vet first thing tomorrow.

Even if you can't donate, please share our story! Luckily we're tax exempt because of rescue status but I spent $150 yesterday on pads, food and milk again. I don't know how parents with babies do it!!

nah, we're just suckers for Mutts! Scary thing is, Ressler started coughing this morning and he may or may not be coming down with KC. I've moved him to another room (thank god we aren't in our old small house) to see. It's either KC or he's choking up plastic from the puppy pads. If it continues or gets worse he's going to the vet first thing tomorrow.

Even if you can't donate, please share our story! Luckily we're tax exempt because of rescue status but I spent $150 yesterday on pads, food and milk again. I don't know how parents with babies do it!!

I did a donation last week, and will again as funds permit. Should have used my screen name, I think that's one of the few times I actually didn't. That, and a couple of names I'd rather not get out, is about all I'm known by. 

• Like 2

I did a donation last week, and will again as funds permit. Should have used my screen name, I think that's one of the few times I actually didn't. That, and a couple of names I'd rather not get out, is about all I'm known by.

We have a friend who's a retired LEO. She goes above and beyond to hide her name. Please don't feel the need to donate again. Once is enough. Like I said, we have savings, and I'll tap that if I have to. These 4 are so amazing they deserve it!!

Please don't feel the need to donate again. Once is enough. Like I said, we have savings, and I'll tap that if I have to. These 4 are so amazing they deserve it!!

Based on how I've seen TGOer's support needy causes in the past, I think the slow donation response may be related to folks not knowing the need rather than not caring.  

I'm wondering if your thread title could be changed, or start a separate thread, so that more folks are aware of the funding need.   I know that was not the original intent of your thread but just a thought.     

Edited by Trekbike
  • Like 3

Based on how I've seen TGOer's support needy causes in the past, I think the slow donation response may be related to folks not knowing the need rather than not caring.
I'm wondering if your thread title could be changed, or start a separate thread, so that more folks are aware of the funding need. I know that was not the original intent of your thread but just a thought.

Excellent Point! Thanks for the suggestion!

https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

There is the link to the YouCaring as well! Thanks again, title edited and link to fund raiser included again. Thanks ya'll! Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500

I like the change in the thread name. I agree with Trekbike that maybe others on TGO just didn't know what you are doing. It looks like it's helping already.

Thanks again for what you are doing! I wish we could take one now, but its not good timing. We WILL be getting another dog in a few months and I'll make sure to check with you first.

• Like 1

So, to recap, the fab 4 are still available? None of them are the one leaving for CT?

Thanks, Mark

3 of the Fab Four are! The two very small pups and Donald Ressler. Cooper is still too ill at this point and he's in severe need of weight added.

The family that adopted Daisy could be smart to think about Donald Ressler. If they wanted Ressler for a play mate for her! LOL he's gonna be a big old farm dog.

I guess you could call Kasey a rescue dog sorta. When she was a very small puppy with smoke blue eyes and Puppy breath I rescued her from a very large yellow tom cat that probably weighed 20+ pounds that the Animal Control and I had been trying to catch in a cage for about 5 months but was to smart to go in one.
One day I heard what sounded like a puppy yapping out under my truck so I went to investigate once I knew my old hairless mutt was in the house. I laid down and looked and I could see that big cat had what I thought was a rat and I had made up my mind to take the advantage and kill the big cat. I took a single action six 22 cal pistol and put super shorts in it to not make much noise cause it's aganst the law to fire a gun inside the city and with one shot hit the big cat almost between the eyes killing it instantly. Then I could see that what it was trying to kill was still alive and a puppy yelped again. Shortly a scraggy bloody ball of fur came waddling out from under my truck. I realized it was very young puppy that the cat had evidently stole out of a litter of puppies.

I picked her up and brought her inside to the kitchen sink and began cleaning her up with warm water. She was bleeding from cuts on her ears and her nose and one front paw. Once I got her cleaned up and dried off with blow dryer I made the ultimate mistake that I have always been warned about.

I looked into her smoke blue eyes and allowed myself to bring her close enough that I was able to get her puppy breath in my nose really strong. That is a capital sin in the puppy world cause that means the puppy has found it's new home. I had to buy dog milk from the vet here locally and he gave me a syringe to feed her the milk with. Dog milk $11.95 for a four ounce can. She went through 8 cans while we were working on the weening process and on to food.

That was now 16 years ago last November so I guess that makes her a rescue mutt don't it? I called my friend at animal control and told him I had that big yellow cat for him and when he stopped in the next day he was kind of surprised it was dead. He looked at me and gave me one of those shady smiles and said well, that's one way of doing it and loaded it up for disposal.

I did allow her to have 1 litter of puppies when she was about 3 years old because old folks always said that once a female dog has been a mother then you have them spayed and they will make a much better pet. I don't know how true that is but once she weened her Pups Kasey was spayed and I placed all of them in great homes cause I had friends all speak up when they were first born for all 4 pups she had. Each one had them neutered because she had 4 boy pups which I thought was odd but they all did it because that was the only condition I put on any one getting one.......................... :up: :up:

• Like 2

I have a friend that has 2 boys that of an age where a boy needs a dog. Dad wants a great dane and mom wants something (a lot) smaller. I'm going to send them these pics and see if anything clicks.If it is Cooper that won't be a problem as they can wait for the right pup.

Big fenced in back yard and  2 boys - 1 is 7 and the other is 8. Perfect age for everyone to run each other out of energy...

We will see what turns up, Mark

• Like 1
I'd actually show them Donald if I was you. Vet said he'll be a medium size and he's the kinda boy that loves to play and have fun. Cooper is going to need x-rays at 6 months to determine if his legs will grow out from under him. He's kinda weird when he stands. We want to make sure he's not in pain. He will probably be with us a while.