UPDATE: TGO dogs for adoption!!

Good Afternoon! So this is kind of a joke of the day and update in one. 

We don't have kids, nor will we ever. So my UPS man pulls up today with a small Amazon "Gift Inside" box and then a very large box containing a super tall baby gate with door. Monkey and I are killing our knees hopping over the other one and he's almost fallen more than once. So I decided we needed to save ourselves. The gift box shocked me, it also made me smile a bit because I was curious. Then I remember giving someone our address the other day. So as I am thinking about what it could be, my UPS man looks at me and says "ya'll aren't expecting are you?" to which I die laughing and said no it's for the puppies. Then I have to explain the hoard of puppies inside my house.

Who are getting huge. Bigger by the day. To the point where I think Ressler is going to need his own crate/pen. Because this is how I have to feed them now. If they eat inside and they are sloppy the puppy pads get wasted when they get scratched and chewed at. 

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_1522_zpsphhcg3qa.jpg.html]IMG_1522_zpsphhcg3qa.jpg[/URL]

Here's my proudest moment ever. Look at the belly on this guy! I am beyond proud of how much weight he has gained. The black stuff you see is something weird. It is either sap or some sort of adhesive/glue. I have to wait for his coat to get healthy enough to cut it. But here is Cooper with what was in the "gift box" we received 4 of these.

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_1532_zpsfruprawd.jpg.html]IMG_1532_zpsfruprawd.jpg[/URL]

And because he is a handsome little devil,

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_1534_zpsifgdgbgb.jpg.html]IMG_1534_zpsifgdgbgb.jpg[/URL]

I swear, I laugh hard every day at them. But sometimes I want to pull my hair out. Especially with the puppy pads. I put a clean one down, turn around and its covered. I don't know how parents do this for 1.5 - 2 years without crying every day. You're brave people human parents, very brave.

And it would not be a pupdate if I didn't include this! https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

Have a great day!!

• Like 2
I don't care if I, and everyone here has already said it...You guys are terrific! X100!

It brings a tear to my eye seeing these little ones. As much as we would like to take one, our Molly will not accept a puppy in the house.

She is so spoiled it is pathetic.
  • Like 2

I don't care if I, and everyone here has already said it...You guys are terrific! X100!

It brings a tear to my eye seeing these little ones. As much as we would like to take one, our Molly will not accept a puppy in the house.

She is so spoiled it is pathetic.

That was how our dogs were but they loved Daisy. Once I saw that, I went full steam ahead. ;-) spoiled dogs are happy dogs and that's all that matters to me. Molly is lucky!

I just sat in the puppy pen for 30 minutes. It's the most calming place in the world. How can you get mad surrounded by fuzz? Personalities are starting to develop, it's amazing to watch!
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Is there any way we can get this thread pinned so it is easier to locate for members and it will possibly get noticed by more members and new comers that are just joining the site?..................... :dunno:  Just asking....... :shrug: 

I've discussed this with MacGyver and while we believe helping animals is a noble pursuit, we'd really like to leave sticky posts to threads that are relevant to the purpose of TGO.  Just as we selectively opt what types of advertising we allow on TGO to ensure that it is relevant so as to avoid diminishing the impact of our ads, we'd prefer to reserve sticky threads and other such attention-grabbers and use them selectively for maximum impact.

• Like 1

I've discussed this with MacGyver and while we believe helping animals is a noble pursuit, we'd really like to leave sticky posts to threads that are relevant to the purpose of TGO. Just as we selectively opt what types of advertising we allow on TGO to ensure that it is relevant so as to avoid diminishing the impact of our ads, we'd prefer to reserve sticky threads and other such attention-grabbers and use them selectively for maximum impact.

I agree, and I appreciate Mac even letting me post this thread. We're almost to our goal now anyways, just a bit further to push so I think we're ok. But I appreciate Bersa's gesture. And I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks David!
  • Like 1

I've discussed this with MacGyver and while we believe helping animals is a noble pursuit, we'd really like to leave sticky posts to threads that are relevant to the purpose of TGO.  Just as we selectively opt what types of advertising we allow on TGO to ensure that it is relevant so as to avoid diminishing the impact of our ads, we'd prefer to reserve sticky threads and other such attention-grabbers and use them selectively for maximum impact.

I totally do understand and respect your decision. Was just an idea for a good cause.

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1
Quick update, Ressler is scheduled for his neuter 2/29. This is possible because of all your help! I cannot even express to you my gratitude.

Also, our oldest boy Max, my labaweiner, has KC now. Apparently it's just going to run through the whole house. I am so disappointed but I hope we caught it soon enough. It's so sad to see them cough. The worst sound I've ever heard.
You're really too kind. I'm actually more like the evil queen in Snow White and The Huntsman. I just happen to have a weakness for dogs. LOL

I'll post photos tomorrow but I had Cooper and Ressler outside today in the sunshine and after an hour I had 2 pooped puppies. They've never slept that well before! I wish the weather didn't call for rain the rest of the week. I'd get them all outside!!

And just so you know after about 336 hours you kind of start to not notice the puppy poop smell. :)

So true. This human ability to become use to smells is one of the reasons pig farm owners are able to do what they do. Otherwise there wouldn't be enough bacon to go around. :)
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for the kind words. And just so you know after about 336 hours you kind of start to not notice the puppy poop smell. :)

Yea  well, I thought that I had smelled enough napalm in Nam to end my nose working cause it got to where I could not smell it either and when I got back stateside my nose still didn't work to great and over the years it has gotten worse and soon I didn't think I would ever smell anything ever again. Then it happened................. :dropjaw:  Kasey had what was left of a bowl of White Beans I had for supper one night. Just so happened it was a very cold night so she slept inside under my bed. About 3AM I realized that there are certain things my nose can still smell. Kasey is not allowed to have white beans ever again. I had to give her the bedroom and go to the recliner in the living room. I think the methane in the room at that point could have blown the house up with a spark............... :rofl:

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 2

So true. This human ability to become use to smells is one of the reasons pig farm owners are able to do what they do. Otherwise there wouldn't be enough bacon to go around. :)

OMG, he makes it sound WAY worse than it is!! He's so full of it!! I do all the pad pickups, he does occasionally pick up an accident but the bags go out quick and I have purchased nice air fresheners AND I do actually clean with cleansers. Gosh, he makes it sound like a barn.
  • Like 3

Donation done out of respect for the two of you.

Thanks! We appreciate it. I was in the middle of cleaning the laundry room, and I heard a ding. With the poo I just picked up I thought please let that be something good. Monkey was right, poo is real. For some reason Ressler is leaving cow patties and completely skipped over "normal" poo. The two little brats wolf boy and bat girl poo'd it up too, now they're sleeping.

So in your head you start thinking, do I wake them and get it or do I wait a bit? Of course you get it ASAP but then you deal with entertaining them for 30 minutes before they get tired. I do not understand how parents do this.
So, with all the pups we had to go to the dump today. We don't get pickup where we live, so it was a mandatory trip. It's very, VERY rural where we are so we heads down the hill and up another to get to the dump. This is pretty much a gravel road that's a lane and a half wide.

As we come around the first curve, what happens? Yep. A freaking puppy sitting smack dab in the middle of the road. No collar, no nothing other then covered in dirt and smelly as sin. So.... She road to town with us, we dropped her at my mother in laws for safe keeping and we went to TSC for more puppy food and pads. She's now walking the yard with Monkey. She's huge, but young. I'm thinking 12 weeks max. I'll post photos later, but this was one of those moments where you just can't believe it's happening again. Stick a fork in me.
  • Like 1

I hate people that will drop a dog or puppy at the dump. Back years ago every trip we made to the dump down in Cheatham County we would bring back one or two and make a trip the humane society on Monday and make a donation so they would find them a home. My oldest son brought a little female puppy home when he was 7 that he found hanging around a dumpster near a Mapco Market and asked if he and his little brother could keep it. I could tell he was sure I would say no and he almost had tears in his eyes so I said yea but your responsible for her care. Wife about had a fit but I said boys need to have a dog and they are old enough now. I had her spayed and got her all of her shots with local vet. She had a touch of the mange and vet gave us some shampoo that cleared it up pretty quick.

My neighborhood is next to a boat ramp on Lake Normandy and people ride through the parking lot and dump cats and dogs regularly.  A couple of days later they are in the neighborhood looking for food.   My wife and I have two great cats from their dumping.   But I can't take them all.  Other neighbors have taken in dogs and cats too. 

Well I think this will be my final update for The Blacklist Pups. I feel like I have harassed you all enough. If you want, you can click on the link for the YouCaring page and subscribe to my updates there. I just wanted to share the girl we found wandering down the road yesterday. She has no name yet but I am leaving towards Mascha.

This is her terrified and stressed after I ran to her in the road, put a leash around her neck and put her in the back of the truck. She is HUGE. Her feet fill the palm of my hand and her legs are like baby tree trunks. It is amazing.

12747909_10153838127790953_3271681859802

This is the dirty birdie once we finally got her home and into a room where she could be secluded until I get her to the vet tomorrow. I need to make sure she is fully healthy before I do anything else. I can't risk anything else happening to the pups.

11058176_10153838463040953_8646329956691

Finally here she is washed and ready to be blow dried. I think she has some Newfie in her. Her coat is super long and fluffy. 

12493620_10153838526180953_6955222044069

Luckily, I think she is around 12-14 weeks old. Which means I can get her hopefully spayed around the same time as Ressler. Who we finally have interest in from a family. They've asked a lot of the important questions so now we are just waiting to get an application back to move forward if they are really interested. I want to thank all of you who have been so generous to donate. Without your help, I don't even know where we would be. I am going to talk to my doctor about getting scanned for the puppy magnet so we can get it removed. LOL

For one last time I am going to do this as well. Below is the link to the YouCaring page where you can sign up for all future updates on the puppies. It is where I load all receipts from what I have spent as well as photos of the pups. It is where you can donate or use links to share our story as well, which is always appreciated. 

https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

Lastly, a link to our Amazon Wish List. This is basically to help with Food (Dry and Wet) and Puppy pads. They are all Amazon Prime options which means free shipping if you are a  prime member but it will come straight to our house once you select Wish List Recipient. 

https://amzn.com/w/1T8GYU8KCI9XU

Once again, thank you for EVERYTHING you have done to help from donations to sharing. Monkey and I appreciate it more then we can ever tell you and again, like I said, for the sake of transparency all receipts are loaded into the you caring. I do have a few I need to add from recent food and puppy pad shopping trips. 

• Like 2

BTT and another small donation.

Thanks for what you are doing for our furry friends!

I'd kiss you right now if I could. I was literally sitting in my office freaking out a bit and you sent money and a friend sent $75. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't crying. I never realized how hard this would be. People like you, angels that help, have shown me what is possible. The math alone when you look at it in black and white seems impossible. With your help and Katie's that just covered boosters. Thank you, beyond thank you. Times a million. That was the boost I needed to keep me going.
It's funny how things work out isn't it!

I'm glad that you will have what you need to take care of the little guys.

Our dog just made a 1000mi trip with us. Even just riding in the truck he's fun to have around and gives us such great happiness. We hope that others can find what we have. Through your work I think the will.
  • Like 1