UPDATE: TGO dogs for adoption!!

It's funny how things work out isn't it!

I'm glad that you will have what you need to take care of the little guys.

Our dog just made a 1000mi trip with us. Even just riding in the truck he's fun to have around and gives us such great happiness. We hope that others can find what we have. Through your work I think the will.

It is funny. I kept staring at $536 and saying ok, how will this work. I figured I'd tackle it dog by dog and hope that donations kept coming as each dog was being adopted. But for some reason there hasn't been much interest in Ressler or the two little pups who will be ready soon. So the rescue I am working with has them listed. But I kept seeing $536 and wondering. I'm good of food and potty pads but vetting was the worry so I thought hmm, we'll come out of our pockets or I will sell a gun. Suddenly I had two donations come in at the exact same time and a text offering boosters for free this week. Suddenly cleaning the pens and unfolding puppy pads was fun. We're not to the goal yet and picking up the stray yesterday doesn't help, but I couldn't leave her there. I'm learning one way or another it will always work out.
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

It's just dispicable that people do this! We'll get her fully vetted and listed for adoption, but my goodness, I gotta figure how to lose the puppy magnet attached to me! LOL

If you aren't already, you are going to have to get plugged into a network of folks who rescue dogs.  You can't save them all; others will have to participate.   And I'm sure your Dutch Shepherd friend would probably echo this... sooner or later you're also probably going to have to narrow in on a breed.  It's far easier to place dogs with the right homes if you focus on one breed, their traits, needs, etc. and become known as a go-to person for that.

Right now ... and I'm being completely honest ... I am afraid you are on the road to becoming the owner of a lot of random dogs.

:)

• Like 1

If you aren't already, you are going to have to get plugged into a network of folks who rescue dogs. You can't save them all; others will have to participate. And I'm sure your Dutch Shepherd friend would probably echo this... sooner or later you're also probably going to have to narrow in on a breed. It's far easier to place dogs with the right homes if you focus on one breed, their traits, needs, etc. and become known as a go-to person for that.

Right now ... and I'm being completely honest ... I am afraid you are on the road to becoming the owner of a lot of random dogs.

:)

LOL! This is sage wisdom. Lucky for me, I do have a rescue that I am working with. The thing is, she's a woman in her 50's who's winding down in the world of rescue, so she doesn't foster anymore. She has funds, but a lot of it comes from her and her husband. This all started with that dang Coon Hound Daisy! It was rewarding. The ones we have now, totally not planned to have that many at once. But see, this area is NOTHING like Nashville when it comes to pets. Here, they're disposable or currency. I've driven by a lot of dogs because I know I can't help them all.

But these 5, they were just babes. Young, starving in some cases and treated badly. So I stepped up. I took on more than what I should have and more than what the rescue could help with and so it comes down to me. Ultimately, there have been amazing people to help us. I am beyond shocked, proud and inspired. But these 5 are my focus right now. I actually just did vaccines. With a needle. That's something I NEVER thought I'd be able to do. When this is said and done and these 5 have a home, I will continue to do this. But it will be 1 or 2 at a time. Not 5.

Trust me, I totally 1,000% realize how crazy I look. ;)
  • Like 2
I'm just so grateful! Big thank you to JHC77! Your gift of peepee pads arrived just now. My UPS must think Monkey has a secret love because he's received 2 "gift boxes" now.

You saved me a trip to town tomorrow, in possible snow or this wet/wind right now! Thank you so much! My new tires are awesome, but this was great!
  • Like 1

Well again, I just have to say thank you to JPS. For proving again that people are amazing and showing me not all mail men are evil and old. LOL

I just wanted to tell you all that most of our donations and wish list items have come from TGO members. I brag about you all. At the vet, at TSC, everywhere I go when I have to shop for this crazy cabal of pups. I make sure people know that the majority of help has been from amazingly smart, handsome, well spoken, highly educated men from a website called TGO. Because it's the truth. I think we'd be up the creek without a paddle without most of you. I want you to know I really value this board for several reasons but the humanity alone that you all have shown has been amazing. I will always brag about my amazing donors and the spirit, kindness and caring they have shown us! I hope you all have a great weekend!

So just real quick, a huge THANKS to TripleDigitRide! He's shared our story on all of his groups he belongs to. Because of that I met a young lady named Kacy who donated money as well as asked about adopting a pup.

We've met, she's got an amazing GSD that needed a playmate and she came out today and adopted Ressler! Contracts are sign, a fully vetted puppy has a new home. So again, major thanks to TDR and the power of Social Media! We still have more pups available if anyone is looking!
  • Like 2

So just real quick, a huge THANKS to TripleDigitRide! He's shared our story on all of his groups he belongs to. Because of that I met a young lady named Kacy who donated money as well as asked about adopting a pup.

We've met, she's got an amazing GSD that needed a playmate and she came out today and adopted Ressler! Contracts are sign, a fully vetted puppy has a new home. So again, major thanks to TDR and the power of Social Media! We still have more pups available if anyone is looking!

That's awesome! Did you ever get in contact with that guy in Smithville?

So a disgruntled postal worker showed up late today mad she couldn't find the house, was working on Sunday, and had a big heavy box to deliver. We were surprised to find it was a big bag of puppy food. Thanks so much 2.ooohhh!!

Glad I could help.

• Like 1

So yesterday Monkey and I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow TGO'er named Screwball09. He was SO kind! He donated an awesome heavy duty 10' x 10' outdoor kennel to put the pups in so they can mingle and integrate with our dogs while they are here. He also gave us a Dogloo in case anyone ends up liking sleeping outside. It is AWESOME! I can't even begin to tell you!

Also wanted to let you know that on Saturday we placed Mr. Donald Ressler in his new home! He is going to live in Greenbriar, very close to Guns and Leather! He went to a great home! I also got an update on Ms. Daisy last night so this has been a VERY positive weekend! 

Cooper was sick earlier in the week, turns out the initial de-worming with Drontal wasn't enough so now we're on a 5 day de-wormer that we just finished the first cycle on. We'll do it again in 2 weeks and then 2 months. This poor guy seems to have drawn the short end of the stick but he went up in weight to 30 lbs from his initial 15. He is actually 6 months old. All of his adult teeth have come in, so the shelter was VERY wrong when they said 4. Given his size I am sure it was hard to tell. He is a fighter though! So that leaves us with the 3 fosters of Cooper, Red and Liz and then the backwoods road puppy we found. We've decided to keep her so she isn't using any of the funds raised. I want to thank you all again, you've been incredible help in this journey. We honestly couldn't have done this without the help of TGO'ers and others. Thanks again!

Lacey

https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

http://amzn.com/w/1T8GYU8KCI9XU

We just lost our rescue yellow lab Hunney. She wad 12 years old and died of a stroke Friday night. Our black pit mix is in mourning just like my wife and I. Good for you taking care of these precious souls. Maybe once the heart aches dies down we will bring in a new family member to the pack
  • Like 2

Greenbrier? I'm in Springfield, very close to the Greenbrier line.

It's nice to see that things are heading in the right direction.

She found me because of you sharing on one of your Facebook groups! She sent donations and then asked to adopt!! See the good you did! You helped!! Thank you so much! Because of you Ressler has an amazing home!!
  • Like 2

We just lost our rescue yellow lab Hunney. She wad 12 years old and died of a stroke Friday night. Our black pit mix is in mourning just like my wife and I. Good for you taking care of these precious souls. Maybe once the heart aches dies down we will bring in a new family member to the pack

Nothing ever fills the hole that's left, but puppies tend to make you laugh and smile. Liz and Red still need about 3-4 weeks before I can spay or neuter them. If you're interested, I'll post updated photos and we can talk when they're ready to go!

I'm sorry about your loss, we lost 2 of our girls recently too. It's almost soul crushing! Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500

Well guess what? We have someone ready for adoption! Cooper is feeling A LOT better. He has doubled in weight and is 6mo old now! 

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_1671_zpsewfv4c5j.jpg.html]IMG_1671_zpsewfv4c5j.jpg[/URL]

With Cooper there are a few things to know. He will NOT just go to any home. Cooper is going to need someone who will love him and focus on him. He has been through hell and back and he is a VERY special dog. He can go to a home with another dog but I would prefer to keep it to single dog or two dog homes. I believe that more then that is overwhelming for him and he needs to be able to come out of his shell more. He is a huge snuggler and loves nothing more then to lay next to you and cuddle. You need to understand he is never going to be a stereotypical Pit Bull. First of all, it's possible he's mixed with something and secondly, since he was so emaciated, he will never be huge, super muscular or scary looking. Consider him Revenge of the Nerds instead of The Terminator. Coop is house broken and happy. He loves to eat. He has slight food aggression with other dogs, not humans. He eats in his crate to avoid issues with the puppies, but in time I think he can get over that. You have to remember how emaciated he was. He is very gentle and meek. Loud noises, voices make him nervous, yelling is a scary thing to him. He is NOT good around chickens. I do not know about cats or children. I would imagine with kids he would be OK, but again, as with any dog, parental supervision should be a given. He is a great guard dog. He alerts to anything he sees that he doesn't like or know. He will make a great dog for someone with love and patience to give. 

Liz and Red...

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_1647_zps89otole2.jpg.html]IMG_1647_zps89otole2.jpg[/URL]

They have about 3 more weeks to go. These two turds are ridiculously cute and while I would love for them to go to the same home I know it is not realistic. We are still working on crate and potty training.  :wall:  And while I am not saying they're jerks, they're for sure bullheaded. Believed to be 1/2 Boxer and 1/2 Pit but again, not 100%. Liz and Red both love to snuggle and eat. While not doing either of those hobbies they can be found napping, pooping or biting something. They're typical puppies. We are working on manners but at 8.5 weeks, I am lucky if they come when called. They will be ready for their forever homes in about 3.5 weeks.

If you are interested in adopting one or any of these mutts please just send me a PM and we can discuss it. Please understand there are adoption fees involved. There is an application process, there will be an adoption contract required and you should have a home with a fenced in yard. I am fortunate that I have a husband who is patient so there is no rush for me to re-home them. They will be with us until the PERFECT home is found. I am not trying to sound like Satan, but you have to understand that these babies have been through a VERY rough start in life and I fully intend on nothing but the best for them. 

And as always, because I am a shameless puppy rescuing fool, our links to donation sites below. Thanks again and please feel free to PM me with any questions if you're interested in adoption! 

https://www.youcaring.com/coop-liz-ressler-and-red-516225

http://amzn.com/w/1T8GYU8KCI9XU

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 7 dogs of my own so I can appreciate the dedication and love for animals that it involves to take on that many pups. You guys are doing an awesome job.

We had 7, brought on a foster named Daisy, got her adopted. Then we lost 2 of our personal dogs in a sad accident. So suddenly I started foster hoarding. We adopted one out which put us at 9, then we found a dog in the middle of nowhere. We fell in love with her so that put us back at 10! 6 personal and 4 fosters. We're now down to 3 fosters, so 9 total.

It's hard because our eldest dog is now having serious health issues that are absolutely scary. We just got him home from the vet and he goes back first thing Monday. Anyways, if my life wasn't chaotic with Dogs and Chickens, I'd go crazy. It's the craziness of them that keeps me sane! Glad to see you're a member of the 6 pack + a roadie club! LOL
I understand about the craziness keeping you sane. I hate to hear about your eldest. It's amazing how they become members of the family. I started out with a a catahoula leopard and he was my one and only dog. On thanksgiving day 2 years ago I rescued a husky female from my trash bag neighbor that was gonna run her over with his car because he was tired of feeding her. So now a have a catahoula leopard, a husky , and 5 catahoula leopard/husky pups. They are a diverse bunch to say the least lol.
  • Like 1
Diversity is what makes it amazing! My eldest is a "Labaweiner". We were shocked tonight when reviewing xrays with the vet that he had been shot before I found him 8 years ago! He has 10-15 pieces of birdshot around his pelvis! I was shocked and angry. We have a Staffordshire Terrier, 2 Pit/Rottie mixes, a terrier/ hound (who's an Ahole, but we still love him) and the latest is the little girl I posted pics or further back. She's assumed to be Pit and Newfie. She will NOT stay out of the pond! It's ridiculous.

Vet is preparing me for cancer, thinks it's his liver, but he's also having an immune system crash right now. So there's no telling. We're $1,300 in once the ultrasound happens Monday. I'm sure with surgery and meds we'll meet/see the $3,000 or more mark.