New Everyday Carry

I shot every glock my LGS had in their rental case, and bought an M&P Compact 9mm. LOVE the thing. Coming up on 2k rnds. Thing just shoots great for me.

I actually looked at a compact...came really close to buying it but I already have a gun that size so I went with the shield. I really like the fact that the compact is a double stack tho.

I actually looked at a compact...came really close to buying it but I already have a gun that size so I went with the shield. I really like the fact that the compact is a double stack tho.

LOL! That was one thing that put the M&P compact ahead of much of the competition. I keep a 17rd. full-size mag for backup, but carry w/ the 12, so it's very easy to keep concealed.

I'll just say that if you disassemble the sear and trigger bar you can polish it into a decent trigger. My shield is a newer one with an ok trigger but polishing that really helped. I was gonna do the striker block too but getting that rear sight off is a bear and didn't mess with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did mine and it's not too hard to remove the rear sight but I still have all the tools from my gunsmithing days so maybe my opinion of easy isn't normal

I have a Delrin punch I normally use but for some reason those shield sights are in there. It was just chipping it away with each punch.

Use brass. With the shield the sight has a step milled in it. File a matching step in the brass punch to maximize contact.

The brass will mark the sight, but the brass marks are easily removed with a copper bore solvent like Sweets.

Also remove from right to left & reinstall from left to right. This rule apply to all sights and pins.

Use this info at your own risk...

I'll just say that if you disassemble the sear and trigger bar you can polish it into a decent trigger. My shield is a newer one with an ok trigger but polishing that really helped. I was gonna do the striker block too but getting that rear sight off is a bear and didn't mess with it.

I was thinking about just going the Apex route but I might give your idea a try because I'm a tinkerer at heart.

• 2 weeks later...