New Range Toy

jhc77

I have owned an M&P40 and sold it. Bought the Glock 23 as a replacement then picked up a G26 later as I was used to shooting 9mm out of the M&P40. I've been looking for a full size 9mm in other brands just because I there are other nice choices. Pick up a FN FNS9 with the 4" barrel. It's almost the exact size as a G19 and smaller than the G17 that was in the running when I was looking around. Came with 3-17 round magazines, papers, lock. The box is nice also, for a box I suppose. Interesting build date on this one. Almost new old stock at 3/11/14 test fire. Feels like the M&P trigger. Range time is TBD. Empty weight is good too, haven't loaded a full mag yet as tinkering time is limited. Holster hunting to come later. Might have to have one made as there are not too many out there that catch my eye.

20160203_112840_zpswt0joraj.jpg

• Like 5

I'd like to get my hands on one of those and see how it feels.  I'd really like to see one next to a G19, which is the only Glock I like. 

It's tough to photograph, but with the magazine in the FN is only a 1/2" taller and same with the beaver tail. You would have to get caliper out to find the small differences everywhere else. G23(G19 size) is on top of course.

20160203_131151_zps89rklijg.jpg

Edited by JHC77
  • Like 2
Good comparison photo. I did like the beavertail on the FNS9, and it is a viable candidate for many of us. As much as I want to like them, I just can't seem to.

I've owned a couple of them and seem to just let them go. It's sort of like the Sig pistols. I like them too, but unless it's a 1911, I haven't kept but one of them.

And that was the Blackwater 226.

My FN love started with the full size 9mm. Barrel of a G19 with grip of G17. Nightstand gun for us. I picked up the FNS9c for carry. Love it even more than the full size. It's all the fun of the G26 with 2 extra rounds and better (for me) ergo's.

check this out for size comparison and range report;

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/85331-fns-9-compact-range-report-picture-heavy/

• 3 weeks later...

Received my Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB a few days ago. Sent 100 rounds down range too all without a hiccup. Sent a question about the holster and asked if the back portion is supposed to be offset from the weapon. No word yet. Should have picked up one of these leather lined pieces a long time ago instead of the $40-50 kydex only holsters. Adjustable cant and the clip is the best I have had the experience using.

20160222_150324_zpspmxqsx48.jpg?t=145609

20160222_150356_zpsa1xre8cp.jpg

20160222_150538_zpszakfqxch.jpg

• 2 months later...