M Eye Crooked Letter Cooked Letter Eye......

runco

Poor ole Mississippi, I'm sure they will cave now!  So much that I would have thought would never change, but it has:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3434597/Quantico-actress-Aunjanue-Ellis-makes-statement-Mississippi-flag-s-confederate-emblem-NAACP-Image-Awards-red-carpet.html

Quantico actress Aunjanue Ellis looked stunning at the NAACP Image Awards on Friday, but she also spread a message with her white dress.

The front the the Mississippian's white dress featured the words, 'Take it down Mississippi', along with a red hand print. The dress also featured a red hand print on Ellis's back shoulder.

The Help star's message referenced her desire to see the Confederate emblem taken off the flag of Mississippi.

[url=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/mississippi%20flag_zpsns1v262i.jpg.html]mississippi%20flag_zpsns1v262i.jpg[/URL]

Edited by runco

Great idea, wipe out all historical symbols so in 50 years no one remembers what happened and then it repeats itself.

I don't know a single person (know they do exist, I just don't associate with them) that believes that the confederate flag symbolizes slavery.  But I guess the people from California need something to do in between making movies and trying to ban guns.

• Like 1

I am proud to say that I have absolutely no idea who this lady is. Therefore, I could give a rat's ass what she thinks about anything. I'm going to go out a limb and say that the majority of people in MS would feel the way.

Same here... never heard of her and don't care enough who she is to even look it up. The sad thing is she probably influences a bunch of people out there Edited by Wingshooter

Great idea, wipe out all historical symbols so in 50 years no one remembers what happened and then it repeats itself.

I don't know a single person (know they do exist, I just don't associate with them) that believes that the confederate flag symbolizes slavery.  But I guess the people from California need something to do in between making movies and trying to ban guns.

it already is......we have segregation in colleges now with the rise of "safe spaces".

• Like 1
Never heard of her or the Quantico show, what a load of crap.

Trying to fight historical symbolism is not going to suddenly undo hundreds of years of anything that happened - good or bad.

I agree with Sam, history is doomed to repeat itself eventually, suprised it hasnt happened in Germany yet

More pandering

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

What do you expect... at an "NAACP Image Awards" event? 

I'm constantly amazed at the mentality of Hollywood and the "entertainment" industry.  They claim to want guns banned and everyone to live in a "love fest" world but make their money on movies and TV shows filled with violence... guns everywhere, good guys shoot, bad guys shot, multiple killings by various gruesome methods, kidnappings, mutilations, prime time displays of corpses in the morgue, etc. 

I've considered picking a channel, any channel, and counting the violence and firearms shown between 6:30 and 10 some night;  then I come to my senses and ask myself... why?  It won't make any difference; nothing will change. 

• Like 1

So you mean in 50 years a bunch of states will get fed up with Washington telling them how to live and invoke the 10th amendment? Hmmm.... :stare:

States+Rights.jpg

And by the way:

so-while-were.jpg

• Like 1

^^^ 

except that it wasn't the confederate flag.  The CSA flag looks an awful lot like the USA flag.  

Its already happened.   The real flag is long forgotten. 

The later flags had a portion that was the "confederate flag" but the entire thing, never.

Edited by Jonnin

I hate to tell her, but in 2001 65% of the Mississippi voters voted to keep the state flag as is. The current governor Phil Bryant said last year that he was sworn to uphold the voters wishes. I lived in Mississippi from 1969-2013 and the voter turnout for this vote brought out lots of people that for 1 reason or another had never voted.

^^^ 

except that it wasn't the confederate flag.  The CSA flag looks an awful lot like the USA flag.  

Its already happened.   The real flag is long forgotten. 

The later flags had a portion that was the "confederate flag" but the entire thing, never.

This ^

The flag that has caused so much uproar was never the flag of the Confederacy. There were a couple of close examples (Army of Northern Virginia, Army of Tennessee), but only the flag of the second Confederate Navy really embodies what is so reviled today.  

I agree with Sam, history is doomed to repeat itself eventually, suprised it hasnt happened in Germany yet

Ummmmm.... been watching the news lately?

Personally I think some of the more northern states are likely to erupt first, they're having more public issue's, but the stuff that's going on in all of Europe, is quite interesting to read once you get outside of Western Dominated News feeds. How the heck a country that restricts gun-usage has people lobbing grenade's at safe-houses, I'll never understand, but it's one way to get your message across!

- K