Colt Python at TN Gun Country

FortKnox

They can keep it. I would rather have an S & W anyway.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Judging by your avatar, I'm shocked you would say something like that!  :cheers:

SAME HERE! Although Smith prices are starting to get out of reach too.

I'll stick with my 686-1.

Edited by res308

Judging by your avatar, I'm shocked you would say something like that! :cheers:
SAME HERE! Although Smith prices are starting to get out of reach too.

I'll stick with my 686-1.

I have nothing against Colt (except for the cylinder turning backwards, which is just weird). I am just not sure why everyone is suddenly so crazy about them. If they were so good, why didn't people buy them when they were on the market. I know the price was high, but not as high as they are now, and people are actually still paying it. The truth is they were not as good or popular as a Smith & Wesson. That why S & W is still on the shelves and Colts revolvers have not been manufactured in years. The only reason people want them now is because they are considered collectors items since they are expensive and hard to find.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
5 years ago I had a chance to trade an Ed Brown 1911 for a NIB Python with I believe a 2 inch Barrel. This gun was from Dallas Texas and was still in the plastic bag with oil, it was Blued

I declined and 2 years later the man emailed me asking if I wanted to buy it outright for $3400.00, I declined and a few weeks later he sent me a screenshot of the pistol selling on Gun Broker for just under 4K

This is one of those things in life where I wish I could go back and trade the 1911 for it

I adore Colt revolvers they were very special in my opinion, if they ever decide to make new ones they will not be the same
  • Like 1

I was at the Nashville Goodman's Fairgrounds Gun show a few months ago and a Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum Stainless was the most expensive price I could find at the whole show (I was bored and waiting on someone, so I just walked around trying to find the highest price weapon at the show).  It was priced at $3500.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought a 6" king cobra in 1989 for $369 plus tax.

Sold it in 2003 for $600.

No regrets, it was cool, great SA if I remember correctly, the roll mark awesome, it sat in the safe and I've never been a gun collector...I shoot what I own and I don't overly worry about cosmetic wear and tear.