Hello from ft Campbell, TN

Hey gents

Active duty long range shooter just moved to TN.

Good friends with David Mosley of magnum materials.

Shoot an AIAX in 260 rem and a surgeon on AICS AX in 300WM. Handload for both as well.

Look forward to meeting shooters and getting into long range here.
Anyone know a good 1000 yard range? Or know open land that's good to shoot at? I have my own steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad you are here.  Thank you for your service.  I wish I could shoot as well as you.

Strategic Edge has a range out to 1250 yards, though it's a haul from where you are.

I wonder if there is a range at Ft. Campbell that is 1000 yards that you can use.

I wonder if there is a range at Ft. Campbell that is 1000 yards that you can use.

Fort Campbell has an MWR range for off duty shooting on post that is open on weekends, but the hassles of getting to it only make it worth the time for people who live on post and have to register their weapons with the Provost Marshall to begin with.  Also, if memory serves, it's short of 1,000yds by a good bit.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the late reply. Montgomery County Shooting Complex is probably the longest range (400 yds) near you, unless the base has something longer. Other than that, as mentioned earlier, Strategic Edge gets out to 1,250 yds, but it's in Chapel Hill.  You'd get a discount, since you live more than 75 miles away.  Hope this helps, if you're still searching. 

On 2/7/2016 at 6:42 PM, ghengisahn175 said:

Hey gents

Active duty long range shooter just moved to TN.

Good friends with David Mosley of magnum materials.

Shoot an AIAX in 260 rem and a surgeon on AICS AX in 300WM. Handload for both as well.

Look forward to meeting shooters and getting into long range here.
Anyone know a good 1000 yard range? Or know open land that's good to shoot at? I have my own steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you done any work with a 6.5mm Creedmore as well as the .260? or 300 blackout?

Inquiring damnyankee gunseller here and I do have some Creedmores gracing my case

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome

SE in Chappel Hill is awesome.

Rock Castle is a 1.45 hour drive from you but it goes out to 1600. You may be able to get on the 1600 since you're active duty.

www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com/ranges-and-rates

Edited by MikeW