Lady Gaga the National Anthem Super Bowl 50

Ron_TN

they should have brought her back out to do it again in place of the crummy half time show.

That was pretty lame

Ya realize the target demographic ain't us anymore, right?

As the oldest of we three fogies, while the music itself didn't speak all that much to me, I was still pret durn impressed with the staging and spectacle itself, near DeMille in scale.

- OS

• Like 4
Her performance was good but in my opinion she doesn't have the class to sing that song. I don't like her a bit. She did do the song justice. Now on to those Bozos at half time. Either they were lip syncing with mics going out or they just plain suck. I get the sense that was a studio made band. You know the type. Good album horrible live. I'm not a Beyoncé fan because she's a racist. So I'm never interested in hearing her crap and watching her jiggle.

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

I won't even stay in the room for halftime. I'd even rather clean up the kitchen from the food than to sit through what halftime has become.

On the other hand, my wife suffers thru the football to see the commercials and the halftime spectacle. She has a fit when I back up to see a play 2 or 3 times, because it means I'm going to make up time by skipping a commercial. I tell her I'll save the recording and she can skip over all the football she wants, LOL.

I won't even stay in the room for halftime. I'd even rather clean up the kitchen from the food than to sit through what halftime has become.

On the other hand, my wife suffers thru the football to see the commercials and the halftime spectacle. She has a fit when I back up to see a play 2 or 3 times, because it means I'm going to make up time by skipping a commercial. I tell her I'll save the recording and she can skip over all the football she wants, LOL.

I wouldn't watch a Super Bowl without the commercials. It's half the attraction for me.

Actually, I wouldn't have likely watched this one at all 'cept for the association and historic significance of Peyton being involved.

- OS

• Like 2

As the oldest of we three fogies, while the music itself didn't speak all that much to me, I was still pret durn impressed with the staging and spectacle itself, near DeMille in scale.

- OS

:eek:  :stare:  :surrender: Wow talk about a reality check

• Moderators

- OS

Told my wife this very thing.  We are no longer the chosen demographic.  I was on a chain text with my two daughters and they loved the halftime show except for Beyonce who they think is trashy.  

That was the best performance of that song I've ever heard.  If she done more of her songs like this, she could suck up an entire new group of fans that hates that pop music BS.

Well, it's her song and all. I'm impressed she can hit the piano keys at all, considering them nails. :)

- OS

With the exception of the Red Hot Chili Peppers we have been subjected to total crap halftime shows for the past 6 years now.   How the hell does Bruno Mars get two shows in the past three years?  And Coldplay, really?  They made it big by sounding like U2...in the 90's.

I suggest Cheap Trick for next year's show.

As far as Gaga goes I'm surprised she didn't drop an F-bomb or three into the Anthem.

Edited by Garufa

- OS

I AM the target demographic and I hated it. What was even worse was the pregame music. That guy doing his version of country music was absolutely horrible.

I AM the target demographic and I hated it. What was even worse was the pregame music. That guy doing his version of country music was absolutely horrible.

You need to straighten your generation out because the crap music is infiltrating all facets of society and it's dumbing the entire populace down.

I can no longer tolerate someone "singing" with a bunch of dancers behind them.

Edited by Garufa
  • Admin Team

I often wonder if any of the new "bro-country" artists ever put on an old Haggard or Jones album and think, "where did we screw it up so badly?"

• Like 4

I often wonder if any of the new "bro-country" artists ever put on an old Haggard or Jones album and think, "where did we screw it up so badly?"

No, because they don't care. There are very few country music singers/artists, they are simply entertainers making money, that's all.
  • Like 1

That was the best performance of that song I've ever heard.  If she done more of her songs like this, she could suck up an entire new group of fans that hates that pop music BS.

That's a very young mama monster. Definitely very impressive vocals.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I admit I was worried about her attire and any deviation from the song. Couldn't have been further than the truth, she hit a major homerun in my book. I still will not listen to her music though.

I was impressed also. Not a fan of her antics but have to say she had one heck of a voice.

I am a fan, but she mispronounced multiple words in weird ways.   I like that she does her own thing with little to no regard for playing the "do it this way to succeed" game that has ruined so much art and music, but the SSB at a major event isn't the best place to mess up the words and get all artistic.  

I never wish harm on anybody. That said, I do often grin at the thought of Waylon, Haggard, and Jones giving Luke Bryan and the like a good old honky tonk bar ass whooping. Heck I think Conway Twitty would punch a few of them.
  • Like 1