What 30cal can and who does layaway?

I am getting serious about getting a 30cal can to use primarily on my 300bo pistol. I would like one that can handle up to 300wm just in case.

I've been looking at the Omega30 and the Harvester30. Any other suggestions?

I want a hearing-safe can that I can use hunting and is good for HD indoors.

Are there any shops that offer a layaway plan in the Chattanooga-Knoxville-Nashville area?

YHM 7.62TI. Rated full auto and weighs in at 15 oz. I don't know of any shop that does layaway on a suppressor.

Might wanna do some research on the full auto rating, a few warped tubes. Unless things changed, they had a limit of one mag and then cool down period. Ti and full auto usually don't mix very well for heavy use. Stainless, stellite, inconel are preferred.
  • Like 1

There are tons of good options in the 30cal arena.  You need to decide what is most important to you:  Weight, length, dB reduction, price, durability, etc. 

Check out the dead air sandman series and the rugged obsidian and razor as well.

Capitol armory does "easy pay" on some suppressors.  $200 down, they start the paperwork, then pay X per month for 3 or 4 months.

• Like 1

I haven't received my Omega yet (couple weeks away from stamp in the mail), however I believe its going to be a very impressive can.  Seems to be well engineered and versitle.   Have you considered a Silencerco Hybrid?  Very quiet but also goes beyond your magnum caliber desires to .338 lapua and 458 socom, plus doubles as a pistol can.   I'm running an SDN6 on my 300blk 9" AAC upper and it's plenty quiet with subs, however there is better technology out there these days in the supressor world.  I haven't done it, however I'd have no concerns about indoors HD situation with this setup and subs.  It would wake the dogs but not the neighbors...lol

As far as layway goes, a local shop to me has no problem doing it for me because I'm a regular customer, however since it's not a public policy I won't disclose who it is.  That being said I'm sure you can find one who will do it, just ask around.  The shop loses nothing in the deal and the likelyhood of you not paying the balance after all that trouble is very small IMO.  From what I understand, until you pick it up they can still void the transfer by contacting the NFA if you're a no show, so why more shops don't offer this is beyond me. 

I'm sure YHM cans are good quality but I'd go Silencerco in a heartbeat.  Buy once, cry once.  Don't go cheap on this stuff, especially if it's one of your first items or if you plan on only buying a few supressors.

Edited by Kenstaroni
  • Like 1
I have a Silencerco Specwar 7.62 and love it. It's. About bigger than some, but is one of, if not the best at suppression levels. I like it so well I am ordering a second.

I already have the Silencerco quick attach flash hiders or breaks on most of my rifles, so sticking with the same manufacturer makes sense. Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

YHM 7.62TI. Rated full auto and weighs in at 15 oz.  I don't know of any shop that does layaway on a suppressor.

Lots of good suggestions. Thanks, I'll look into the ones mentioned.

The layaway is not mandatory, but it seems like a good idea to be able to pay on it over the time it is in jail.

Keep an eye on the rating. YHM makes two different levels of their 30cal cans, one is rated 308, the other up to 300WM.

If you weren't so bloody far away, I'd take you out to shoot with mine.

• Like 1

I have a Silencerco Specwar 7.62 and love it. It's. About bigger than some, but is one of, if not the best at suppression levels. I like it so well I am ordering a second.

I already have the Silencerco quick attach flash hiders or breaks on most of my rifles, so sticking with the same manufacturer makes sense.

While the Specwar is not the smallest and lightest from everything I've read it is the quietest.  I've been researching for a while now and just bought one a couple hours ago.  I have a Saker 7.62 that I really like as well.

I would go with a more lightweight can if not using on full auto.  Check out silencer shop they have lots of videos.  Some even compare different cans.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Good info. I'm still shopping around, but I'm ready to buy. I like the QD attachment on the YHM... more of a direct thread onto the QD brake than a collar with a ring that has to be locked. The particular AR that I want to use it with has a handguard that ends near the end on the bbl. I think my handguard will interfere with me turning a locking ring. That's why I like the design of the YHM QD attachment.

This will go on an 8.5" AR, so the Phantom Ti is very appealinng because of the weight. Edited by Wingshooter