New HCP Processing Time

I'm a new resident to Tennessee and I'm pretty surprised at the turnaround time for a new HCP. I guess we should expect such service for the ridiculously high fee. I'm just glad I can carry a firearm again.

Class: 1/30

DMV & Fingerprints: 2/1

Approved Online: 2/4

Received in Mail: 2/13

• Like 1

When I moved here and the grocery store took a dime for every dollar I spent, my jaw hit the floor and I lost my appetite. I honestly didn't know any place charged tax on groceries until I got here. That's a ton of money if you think about how much we eat.

Never lived in North Carolina have you. They not only tax you on what you buy at the grocery store, but also have a state income tax.

I'm a new resident to Tennessee and I'm pretty surprised at the turnaround time for a new HCP. I guess we should expect such service for the ridiculously high fee. I'm just glad I can carry a firearm again.

Class: 1/30

DMV & Fingerprints: 2/1

Approved Online: 2/4

Received in Mail: 2/13

My last renewal took less than two weeks. 

After finding a pistol I had to have yesaterday, I handed the salesman my drivers license and he had the TBI approval before I could complete the form.  On several previous purchases the TBI approval has taken over an hour.

• Like 1

I lived in Georgia for a while. They not only have a state income tax, but tags for each car I drove was over $200 each. I also had to buy tags for my boat trailer which ran about the same. When I moved back to Tennessee, the savings on those items plus no income tax was like a $2,000 a year raise!! 

I did the DMV visit and fingerprints yesterday 2/26. Didn't take the class and submitted an army alternate pistol qualification (DA 5704-R) instead. The people at the DMV were a little confused about it, but it's listed on the TN state website as an acceptable form of proof.

The lady that did my fingerprints said she had a 10 day turnaround time for her HCP. That's pretty quick. Reading back 2-5 years ago it seems like it could easily take 60-90 days.

Will post back with an update Edited by TNjohn