ding ding ding

Bell just rang (half you old farts are asleep)..... you've just awoken to a bold new world. Post appacolyptic North America.

Bug in not an option.

You have time / transport capacity for one fire arm currently in your inventory.

(Current ammo levels fictional and not a factor)

What weapon is it for you to the bitter end?

Why?

I'll start.

My Remington 870 12ga.

Ammo on every shelf and in every sprtsmans locker. I can kill any food that has eyes, and up close defense it's a champ.
Glock 20 Gen 4.

10mm will destroy villages, pillage and ravage harlots, kill anything from a Yeti to a M1 Abrams and has longer ranges than most handgun cartridges.

Also itll make you grow a beard, jump 100 feet, immune to elemental damage, speak Latin and Ancient Mayan, automatically SMUD RSP Mk84s and increase your reflexes.

Also itll automatically disable any felcher with a .40SW as your sheer indomitable will and omnipotence will render them into cuckold girlymen (they already are) and cause them to give you their goods and daugthers (or sons, if youre into that like HiPower is).

Then you can become Imperator of Post Apocalyptia and transform into an Eagle that craps 105mm ICMs on the Nemesis Forces like liberals, the French, cav scouts, PETA, .40 owners and LGBT activists.

Jesus carried a 10mm, just saying.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk Edited by CommsNBombs
  • Like 9

Anyone who thinks that they can escape out into the wilderness and live off the land by shooting squirrels and such, is making a huge mistake. In SHTF scenario the people who organize a well regulated militia based on a faith in God, or some kind of moral guidance, are going to survive.  If you are going to be in a militia, you'll need an AR.

Edited by Will Carry
  • Like 2

Wait, didn't people live off the land somewhere a long long time ago?

Not 371 million of them, 99% of which couldn't grow a garden with starter plants and perfect weather. I'll take a lever gun in .44 mag. Sufficient for pretty much anything on this continent with hand loads. I believe life in a post collapse society will be much less fire fights and much more protecting from occasional looters, with a big dose of hunting, fishing and farming. If you aren't already doing those things, in a sustainable manner, good luck getting started after the collapse. That's why I blacksmith, horse farm, hunt, fish, learned mechanic work, learned construction, etc. Skills, not equipment, will make the difference

Sent from behind the anvil
  • Like 4
Well... the rule was "that you have in current inventory"

=\

The farming part I struggle with... you gots to have the room to begin with. And if you have have enough, you'll have enough to be a target. And don't matter if you're a pro, battle hardened badass... or even you and all your buddies are... you'll have to win every time. They'll only have to win once.

Forage? Maybe I guess... I'm not an expert on that stuff, but I imagine TN is a hard place to forage enough to live on during the winter months.

My thought is after the first year, the population would be thinned out pretty heavily so contention for resources should smooth out at some level.

Anyway, don't get all pissy... this was supposed to be fun! Edited by SupaRice

Farming, as in garden I can do. Hunt, check, fish, Hell yeah. With my location I have multiple rivers within 5 minutes and lakes within 30 minutes. There are plenty of deer and smaller game in the area. I know 7.62 is a bit much for small game but you could always trap. I don't have a ton of stuff stored in the pantry but I trust my ability to catch my dinner and hunt to provide for my family. 

Among other preps... 5gallon buckets, mylar bags, moisture absorbers, vaccum sealer, storage food sealed inside.... should last a while as long as I can get to it and don't have to leave without it.

A garden and livestock are great, but they require lots of maintenance and would attract visitors. I consider these items my backup and long-term solution should the stored items fail me.

I don't feel comfortable relying on wild game to sustain my family although I do know how to hunt, trap and fish. I know how many hunters I see in the woods during a normal season. I can only imagine how many folks would be out ready to shoot at the first thing that moves in a starvation situation.

AR to protect my buckets :) Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1

Glock 20 Gen 4.

10mm will destroy villages, pillage and ravage harlots, kill anything from a Yeti to a M1 Abrams and has longer ranges than most handgun cartridges.

Also itll make you grow a beard, jump 100 feet, immune to elemental damage, speak Latin and Ancient Mayan, automatically SMUD RSP Mk84s and increase your reflexes.

Also itll automatically disable any felcher with a .40SW as your sheer indomitable will and omnipotence will render them into cuckold girlymen (they already are) and cause them to give you their goods and daugthers (or sons, if youre into that like HiPower is).

Then you can become Imperator of Post Apocalyptia and transform into an Eagle that craps 105mm ICMs on the Nemesis Forces like liberals, the French, cav scouts, PETA, .40 owners and LGBT activists.

Jesus carried a 10mm, just saying.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

MAN! I gotta git me a 10!

• Like 1

I think we will have plenty of advanced notice that the Apocalypse is approaching, but if there wasn't, I sure as hell am not just running willy nilly out of my house with just one firearm.  I will bug in first and second, if I have to bug out, I will be taking everything of value that I have in this house, starting with all my firearms and ammunition.

My first choice in a firearm would be my AR, though for defense.

Bell just rang (half you old farts are asleep)..... you've just awoken to a bold new world. Post appacolyptic North America.

Bug in not an option.

You have time / transport capacity for one fire arm currently in your inventory.

(Current ammo levels fictional and not a factor)

What weapon is it for you to the bitter end?

Why?

I'll start.

My Remington 870 12ga.

Ammo on every shelf and in every sprtsmans locker. I can kill any food that has eyes, and up close defense it's a champ.

I can't imagine a scenario where I couldn't stay put other than a fire, tornado, or earthquake. None of these would affect the entire country.