ding ding ding

Hhmmmm.... tough one. It'd come down to either an AR or my Mossberg 930. 13rds of 00 buck as fast as you can pull the trigger is nothing to sneeze at, though reloads are slow. Imagine how fast one could clear a campsite of adversaries in the woods with that kind of thing? Yikes! Edited by musicman
  • Like 1

Anyone who thinks that they can escape out into the wilderness and live off the land by shooting squirrels and such, is making a huge mistake. In SHTF scenario the people who organize a well regulated militia based on a faith in God, or some kind of moral guidance, are going to survive.  If you are going to be in a militia, you'll need an AR.

Sounds like you read this book...... A fascinating near death future description.

http://www.amazon.com/There-No-Death-Extraordinary-Experience/dp/0966497058/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1457628494&sr=1-1&keywords=there+is+no+death

Bell just rang (half you old farts are asleep)..... you've just awoken to a bold new world. Post appacolyptic North America.

Bug in not an option.

You have time / transport capacity for one fire arm currently in your inventory.

(Current ammo levels fictional and not a factor)

What weapon is it for you to the bitter end?

Why?

I'll start.

My Remington 870 12ga.

Ammo on every shelf and in every sprtsmans locker. I can kill any food that has eyes, and up close defense it's a champ.

My AR9 that uses Glock mags. ammo and mags everywhere.

Every time I hear a bell, I come out swingin'...

I think I'd go with the Henry AR-7 .22, If it came down to a long travel. I used to move furniture and had to pace myself but also work hard for an entire day, sometimes 12+ hours. This was years ago but I still have the mentality needed to keep trekking for hours and a good steady pace but even the weight of .22 ammo is going to hurt after a few hours along with the other necessities. As for defense, I'm more of the stealth type and was always good at it. I have a buddy to team up with and he has the defensive gun if needed but I'm thinking more along of needing to get to a nice thick piece of land that only god and one Bill Hilly knows about. I know the perfect place to go, it's a nasty place to call home but is plentiful in food and water and the surroundings could make it impossible for others to get to you unobserved or even get to you at all...

Edited by MountainDewed

That's a key thought for me too.... I think I still choose my 870 pump just because of plentiful ammo and knock down power.... 

But you're right. Ounces = Pounds & Pounds = Pain

That makes my Ruger 10/22 take down a close second. Shot placement goes a long way.