Universal Super Duper Background Check

Am I the only one tired of being background checked to death? Can't they come up with a single background check that can cover everything, for a period of years?

I'm background checked for firearms purchases, hazardous materials endorsement, C&R FFL, making deliveries to Ft. Campbell, Handgun Carry Permit, and God knows what else I'm forgetting.

All of these require renewals, so it seems like I'm constantly going though a damn background check.
  • Like 1
There is too much logic involved here. The govt doesn't talk to itself, it makes up new rules which require more people and processes. The beauty is they are so efficient that human error is multiplied.

I think the 86 has been rendered useless since 2008.

That is the only thing my son -in- law hates about his job. They do a ton of work on Government Contracts on Government Air Bases and Army bases and every time they go to a new base all of his crew and he has to go through a back ground check prior to being permitted onto the base. It has gotten so bad that if they go 2 months with out doing work on a Government facility even though he is using the exact same crew he did 2 +months earlier they half to go through the B.G. checks all over again. He said if the contracts didn't pay so well he would consider asking his boss to quit bidding on them............... :shrug:

I used to have a New York State CCW permit, NY Gun Dealer License, NY Gunsmith License, FFL, I now have Global Entry card, TWIC card, TN CCL, and some others I can't remember them all...

I have joked that I should have "FBI approved" tattooed on me somewhere. The NY permit and dealers licenses required 5 sets of prints EACH every 3 years! I can't imagine what our Military guys have to go through.

People who obey the law and don't have a record, are highly unlikely to ever get a record.

• Like 1
I know that pain...

TS? Sf86 and a BC
Read on? BC and poly
Handle TS keys? BC and poly
Armorer? BC
NDA? Hell give you a CI poly while were at it
HCP? Eff you get a BC
Buying a gun? Eff you we will delay your BC because of all the crap on you

The only people who have touched my records and HAVENT BCed me are the effin Chinese when they hacked the OPM!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk Edited by CommsNBombs
  • Like 1

Am I the only one tired of being background checked to death? Can't they come up with a single background check that can cover everything, for a period of years?

I'm background checked for firearms purchases, hazardous materials endorsement, C&R FFL, making deliveries to Ft. Campbell, Handgun Carry Permit, and God knows what else I'm forgetting.

All of these require renewals, so it seems like I'm constantly going though a damn background check.

Too logical...  Plus there's no increased revenue potential in it.

That is the only thing my son -in- law hates about his job. They do a ton of work on Government Contracts on Government Air Bases and Army bases and every time they go to a new base all of his crew and he has to go through a back ground check prior to being permitted onto the base. It has gotten so bad that if they go 2 months with out doing work on a Government facility even though he is using the exact same crew he did 2 +months earlier they half to go through the B.G. checks all over again. He said if the contracts didn't pay so well he would consider asking his boss to quit bidding on them............... :shrug:

Someone at his group has dropped the ball.   The mil has a contractor ID card you can get that bypasses a lot of this nonsense, but you have to apply for it and do some stuff (at the corporate level, individuals can't apply directly).   I think you still have to send your ID info to the base ahead of time saying when you will be there, what you will be doing, and who you will be with, but it reduces the aggravation by a few orders of magnitude.   I can't remember the name of the stupid thing, though... 

I dunno it felt easy for us as we had a low-turnover team,  everyone had at least the lowest security clearance,  and we called way ahead to get access.   Generally someone checked a picture ID, verified that we were supposed to be there, and let us in.   Some bases, our point of contact had to show up to let us in at least for the first day or two.

Edited by Jonnin

SF 86 is still around, now its in electronic format, and it still sucks, it also sucks the gen tso chicken bangers hacked opm..... so much for security.........since that hack ive had 3 bank cards hacked and more..... background checks are annoying, but the true way to find out anything about anyone is to spend time w that person. just think,One day you may have to spend the night w the 400 lb ass crack bearing mall ninja behind the counter at the lgs to prove youre not mentally ill, and have no interest in leveling the 3rd grade class....

Those gov'ment guys exist to feed themselves. Could be prostate exams instead of background checks. At least they're stopping the terrorists from blowing shit up. :)

The really funny one is when you have a TS-SCI and you have to get another background check at work because of the "public trust" requirement on the position. It's basically like being a licensed Formula 1 driver being required to take a state driver's license test every few years.

I have been told. Ky residents with carry permitts don't go through back ground check when purchasing a weapon .

The back ground check to get your carry permit stands for the check .

I am not a Ky resident. This looks like a simple solution.

Went to the Air Force  Museum in Dayton some years back. We wanted to go see the presidential former Air Force One exihibit and guess what.......you go through a background check. Its in a separate hanger on the other side of  the base so you are bussed there. Being an active military base I guess its the same situation as the contractor guys here face.