Putnam County Sheriffs Online Auction

Dang! Prices on a lot of those handguns are already higher than buying brand new at a gun shop & still several days left in the bidding. :doh:

Some were very low this morning. I saw $70 on a lot of revolvers. I am a semi-auto fan myself and haven't ever found a revolver I liked so that may be my lack of knowledge in the area.

Worst part about those auctions are the crotchety old men who just dont give up...do you want a $800 Remington 870? Because thats how you get a $800 Remington 870

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This is one crotchety old man that looked at two pages and called BS.  $130 (so far) for a HiPoint 380.

I looked and saw a couple of interest. Even bid on one. But, with the 10% and the fact that for me its about an 8-9 hour round trip drive, the prices have already gone way beyond me. In fact, many have already gone way beyond reasonable.

I do believe there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people when they go to pick up their prize. 

The M1 Carbine is up to $881 with the buyer's premium. Just a touch on the high side. :)

The Gen3 G23 Glock with friggin' laser is up to $467.50. The condition looks OK and with the Crimson Trace that's not an awful price. It's no steal, either, but probably the closest thing to "deal" on there.

I have had good luck with Tays Auctions in the past but people just went crazy this time.  It is pretty easy to look up values on gunbroker.

I wanted that Colt 1911 in 38 Super.  In good condition they go for a good chunk of change.  In the condition this one is in it is worth 700-800.  Current bid is 1000 so after buyers premium it is 1100.

:confused: