Glock 43

willis68

I just picked up my Pistol Thursday evening when I got home, I installed Talon grips, a pierce plug and TGO David was kind enough to instal my TruGlo TFO sights, I just shot it for the first time.

5 Magazines of Hornady Critical Duty and I absolutely love this little Glock! very accurate and a great trigger for such a compact pistol, I am very happy with my purchase
  • Like 5

I just picked up my Pistol Thursday evening when I got home, I installed Talon grips, a pierce plug and TGO David was kind enough to instal my TruGlo TFO sights, I just shot it for the first time.

5 Magazines of Hornady Critical Duty and I absolutely love this little Glock! very accurate and a great trigger for such a compact pistol, I am very happy with my purchase

That's good news and congratulations on your recent family addition, you've done yourself proud. 

• Like 2
:up:

I have a G43 also. Great gun! I've never had one issue with it. I still need to install some night sights. I'd love to see a pic with the TruGlo TFO sights on it if you have one :)

Mine is very accurate too. The trigger is just what I like on a small pistol that I carry IWB. Edited by Wingshooter

Have you had any experience with the 9mm Shield? If so, how would you compare the two?

I carried a Shield 9 as a BUG and sometimes as a primary for a couple years. I bought a 43 last week and put 150 FMJ through it and I have to say that they are about the same in my opinion. Even though the Glock carries 6 in the mag I feel a better grip. I did shoot the Shield better out of the box. It took me just about all of those 150 rounds to start making decent groups with the 43. I only carry HST 124 standard in my 19 and plan to do so in the 43. All of my pistols are 9mm glock so being a fanboy I couldn't leave out this one. [emoji14]

918e30e5ef23a5a967265a45b5976af6.jpg Edited by glowdotGlock

Thanks for the comments. The mirror what I've found with other, similar compact 9s. But haven't shot a 43, only held one. 

On just the feel of the Shield vs the 43, my personal choice is the Shield. But that's just me. If I get around to actually shooting one...it might change.

Heck...I used to not like the 1911. :dropjaw:

• Like 1

Have you had any experience with the 9mm Shield? If so, how would you compare the two?

Last year I wanted a glock 43, but to be sure I did spent a few days at the local range renting their 9's.  We own a couple of glocks so I was sure I would be buying another glock.   It came down to a glock 26, a glock 43 and the shield.   In the end I got the shield.  The shield just felt better and I had a tighter groups with the shield.   I would still like to have a glock 43 but I do love my shield and  am not in a hurry to get the glock 43.

• Like 1

I recently sold my 9mm Shield, it was in my daily carry pair for 4 years, I had about 2.5k through it. After the G43 passed without a hiccup on my break-in of 500 rds it was a done deal. I would say that a couple of the major differences I noticed were the grip length and diameter, the Shield was bigger Of course on the standard 7rd vs 6rd with pearce +1 mag but it was also thicker. I carry AIWB and I felt it rode higher and was more noticeable. I'm also not a fan of the S&W trigger, on the trigger itself I could at times feel the catch in the trigger safety on the Shield (not a big deal, but it was a definite stop during trigger pull - have never felt that in any other trigger).

That's it, they both shoot great but the G43 won out for me the.

84a94abdce687ff11ac3e4c7c4c3fc51.jpg Edited by Slpeod
  • Like 1

Guys,

I tried a Sheild in .380 that a shooter in the lane next to me let me shoot a few months back, I hated the trigger

The trigger on my G43 I love that makes it an easy win for me personally

The Shield is not offered in .380, you must have been shooting a Bodyguard; different firearm.
  • Like 2

A 43 has been on my radar since the announcement of the 42.  However, I love a bargain and have already let a few used ones go in the low $400 range before I can pull the trigger (no pun intended).  The best new deal I routinely find OTD TICS included for about $480-$490, but I would like to get much lower than that for a new one.

Edited by runco

A 43 has been on my radar since the announcement of the 42. However, I love a bargain and have already let a few used ones go in the low $400 range before I can pull the trigger (no pun intended). The best new deal I routinely find OTD TICS included for about $480-$490, but I would like to get much lower than that for a new one.

If you're eligible for blue label I would recommend GT Distributors. I got mine for $368 shipped + transfer fees.

Just to throw in my unsolicited 2 cents worth...

One of our group was looking to purchase a slimmed down 9mm, so we assembled an XDs, my Shield and a G43 so he could try them out.

He shot them all well...but ultimately choose the G43. Quite subjectively, he simply liked the "feel" of the 43 better.Mind you, that particular 43 did have Taran Tactical mag extensions on it.

I shot that particular 43 a few times and it is nice. I personally prefer the trigger on my Shield. But all three were quite easy to run, and run accurately.

No one says you can't have both hipower. :pleased:

• Like 3

Monkey has one for super small carry situations. I refer to it as the noisy cricket. I hate it. But he shoots well with it and can defend himself if needed so it's ok in my book for that reason alone.

I never liked the S&W BG enough to want to buy one, especially after shooting one and comparing it to a KT P3AT and Ruger LCP. So for those small pocket carry pistol occasions I just stick with the LCP. But once I finish my weight loss program and buy new clothes some deep pocket trousers are on my to buy list. Then it's going to be a G-43 and SA  SDs .45 3.3 for seasonal pocket carry rotation. Fourteen more pounds to go! 

• Like 4

You can join GSSF for around $30 and become eligible after one year. Something to consider for the future. Plus, GSSF matches are a lot of fun.

:up:

You can also buy two years ($60) and become eligible the first year. It's still worth the savings after paying $60, then next year is even better

I never liked the S&W BG enough to want to buy one, especially after shooting one and comparing it to a KT P3AT and Ruger LCP. So for those small pocket carry pistol occasions I just stick with the LCP. But once I finish my weight loss program and buy new clothes some deep pocket trousers are on my to buy list. Then it's going to be a G-43 and SA SDs .45 3.3 for seasonal pocket carry rotation. Fourteen more pounds to go!

He looked at a G43, because we don't have enough Glocks already ;) but he ultimately went that route, because it was smaller. I can't say anything because luckily I don't have to use it! For what he's using it for, it works.

Personally, I'll never carry that small of a gun. My 26 is as low as I think I would ever go. Lucky for me I dress so sloppy and disheveled that no one even looks! LOL

Just to throw in my unsolicited 2 cents worth...

One of our group was looking to purchase a slimmed down 9mm, so we assembled an XDs, my Shield and a G43 so he could try them out.

He shot them all well...but ultimately choose the G43. Quite subjectively, he simply liked the "feel" of the 43 better.Mind you, that particular 43 did have Taran Tactical mag extensions on it.

I shot that particular 43 a few times and it is nice. I personally prefer the trigger on my Shield. But all three were quite easy to run, and run accurately.

No one says you can't have both hipower. :pleased:

At the moment...my bank account says I can't. lol

• Like 1

You can join GSSF for around $30 and become eligible after one year. Something to consider for the future. Plus, GSSF matches are a lot of fun.

If you want to continuously buy Glocks for years to come, there might be some savings in GSSF.  I don't see that it's worth joining if you're just doing so to buy one pistol.   You can't buy for 1 year, which means at a minimum you'll be paying dues for 2 years, $60.   If you were shopping for a Glock 19, you could then buy one for $425, a savings of about $115 over the lowest price online.   $115 savings - $60 dues = $55 saved, and you waited a year to get it.