Frog Lube is the same as coconut oil

You are all newbs. Who needs german junk HKs when you can get a SW5 from Todd it will even take diesel and whale semen as a lubicrant

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I got a Hipoint that runs on coon dookie, beat that.

I don't like to shoot it much though...
  • Like 1

I don't feel so bad now.  I needed to put grease on an SKS magazine release that was preventing the trigger group from working properly.

I didn't have any grease and was going to use lard. I told myself not to be Mr. ElCheapo and waited until I got some grease.

Based on this thread, the lard may have been just fine.

Yeah might make HiPower excited he probably uses it on his 'bore brush' to 'clean' his .40s

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Very good one, Comms. lol But I have a lot of Ballistol that was given to me to use first.

Then I'll go for the next cleaner.

And btw...my G24 is so awesome it self cleans with every shot.

• Like 1

over the years i have used just about every gun oil/gun grease made.  i have come to the point that it is just oil/grease.  it all does the same thing.  for the past several years i use motor oil and axle grease. duty gun, carry gun, match guns they run just the same with motor oil/grease as with the gun oil/grease.  i just can not see any different except in the price payed.  but,,,,but i do use hoppie's #9 for cleaning.  nothing better for cleaning.  home made ed's red is second, but don't smell as good as #9. 

Hoppes for the win!!

Lot's of horror stories on the net from people using FrogLube, particularly on the HKPro forums site.

Me, personally, I can't see scrimping on cleaning components to save money. You put your hard earned money into a nice firearm, and then use 10W30 to lube it. Kinda like putting regular gas in your Ferrari.

I have a couple of HK's and the only thing that's ever touched them is Weapon Shield. Just my $0.02 worth.

Oddly enough I paid a lot more for my cars than I did for my guns, I trust Mobil 1 for them. Have for years. I can't believe I have been doing it wrong for so long.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I used it on my Colt AR. After it set for a few months, it gummed the thing up until I had to fully disassemble the receiver & soak the crap out of it. Bolt stuck, wouldn't cycle. Travel at your own risk. Supposedly invented by a Navy Seal. Should have taken a few more classes in the armory.

JMHO

I have never used frog lube and never heard of it until I started visiting the AR forums. I make a grease like lube from STP, Pure nickel Anti-seize and some Moly powder that will stain any clothing it touches. I put it on with flux brushes that have been trimmed off. I also make a penetrate from ATF and acetone that I would put against Kroil or PB Blaster any day.  Mobil 1 in the lighter viscosities is very good stuff for metal that moves. Put a small amount of #1 or kerosene with it if something has really tight tolerance. Sunfish         

You

I have never used frog lube and never heard of it until I started visiting the AR forums. I make a grease like lube from STP, Pure nickel Anti-seize and some Moly powder that will stain any clothing it touches. I put it on with flux brushes that have been trimmed off. I also make a penetrate from ATF and acetone that I would put against Kroil or PB Blaster any day.  Mobil 1 in the lighter viscosities is very good stuff for metal that moves. Put a small amount of #1 or kerosene with it if something has really tight tolerance. Sunfish         

You either know an old time machinist, or spend time working around them. This sounds like some stuff I learned from a machinist that used to rent me time in his shop. I'd forgotten about those concoctions until now.

He used to wet polish bearing journals with 90% kerosene, 10% hydraulic oil. The surface finish was very impressive. HE also had a light grease that was STP, Neversieze, and some other secret ingredients.  It simply wouldn't wipe off. God forbid if you got it on your face!

The one thing I like Froglube for is the front of a .22bolt and the breech face.  That coconut oil is the bees knees for preventing a crusty build up that is easily wiped out.

I like red tranny fluid mixed with CLP for revolvers.

And of course I also have, along with Frog Lube, MP Pro 7, Ballistol, Lube Guard, Breakfree CLP (1/2 gallon), Mobile 1, Kroil, Inox, Lubriplate, Tetra gun grease, some crazy powdered stuff that stains and makes a mess, Sentry something or other, Rem Oil, etc, etc.

I think it was P.T. Barnum who may have said, "There is a sucker born every day." 

sucker or not, I've never been let down by a lubricant I used on my firearms so far as actual function of them goes. Only by the lubricant being expensive, dirty, staining clothing or holsters , smelling like something died, ect. I love frog lube b/c it functions well enough, doesn't stain like moly based lubricants, and smells nice enough I could even get away with cleaning firearms on the dining room table before a dinner party! Now I may just try some coconut oil in some of the places it worked so well. :)

sucker or not, I've never been let down by a lubricant I used on my firearms so far as actual function of them goes. Only by the lubricant being expensive, dirty, staining clothing or holsters , smelling like something died, ect. I love frog lube b/c it functions well enough, doesn't stain like moly based lubricants, and smells nice enough I could even get away with cleaning firearms on the dining room table before a dinner party! Now I may just try some coconut oil in some of the places it worked so well. :)

And now you know it can double as sunscreen and leave skin silky smooth.  :up:

• Like 1