Taurus/Rossi Circuit Judge Buttstock Cracking

Sidewinder

On 12/2/2016 at 6:24 PM, jgradyc said:

I guess I don't get it. But then I didn't get it when I offered to buy it if you listed it in the Classifieds as is nearly a year ago. Ha! <insert humor icon here>

Respectfully, you have wasted a year of your life waiting for a response. It's time to fix the gun and move on. Here's a stock that looks better than the factory wood stock, is adjustable, and will have you shooting again in a week or so. It's $59 plus shipping.  You might want to call first to double check the fit. I don't think the forend will fit, but the buttstock should, and that's all you need.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/543899/advanced-technology-shotforce-6-position-collapsible-buttstock-with-pistol-grip-and-forend-rossi-shotguns-and-rifles-polymer-black

https://www.atigunstocks.com/rifles/rossi/stocks/shotforce-rossi-stock

I can appreciate your " not getting it" over my year long, plus a couple of months, failure to get Rossi support on a "back ordered" buttstock for my Rossi Circuit Judge 45 Colt/ .410 bore. The gun is selling for $550 plus in Wal-Mart, and about $100 more in other sportin goods stores. Now, if I "had"... which I didn't, listed it in the classifieds "for sale- as is", would you have paid me $500 for it... which would have been a discounted price for a gun with less than 50 rounds through it? I kinda doubt it. You, or probably anyone else would have expected it to be a distress sale, and expected to buy it for $350 - $400. Remember, I have the original,serialized box, and everything it came from the factory with. If it was the only gun I owned, or only one available for me to shoot, I may have "wasted" a year. But that is not the case, thankfully. I just haven't been able to shoot this particular gun in over a year.

I come from a generation when a man's word and handshake was as good as a signed and notarized piece of paper. A man's word was his bond... and defined his reputation and integrity... plain ole honesty. If this huge corporation can't keep their word over a small thing like replacing a faulty buttstock, then it doesn'y appear to me that they have any honesty/integrity, and are well on their way to establishing a bad reputation for their company. One small incident like mine won't take a company down... but, enough of them will. There are many companies that failed in their responsibility to their customers, lost the loyalty of those customers, and ultimately lost their businesses. In the "high tech" world that we live in, word like this gets around, not only the country, but the world pretty quickly. 

If you look on the internet, you'll see pictures of some of these buttstocks shattered! Suppose someone looses an eye from one of these shattered buttstocks? If one could loose an eye, then potentially anyone with a cracked buttstock could loose an eye. How many "personal injury" lawsuits do you think this company could endure? Probably not too many!

Therefore, if the officers of this company are using smart judgement, in accordance with their pay scale and job title, it would be to their advantage to get these faulty buttstocks back in their custody, as quickly as possible. Even if they have to replace the entire gun, it may save them money in the long run. Incidentally, they have told me they would do that very thing! They even sent me a prepaid shipping label. Only one problem... they wouldn't tell me when I'd get my "replacement" gun either in writing or over the phone. Here's where that "integrity" thing comes into the picture. I don't trust them, as I feel they have already lied to me, so I won't ship them my gun... until I get a definite guarantee that they'll ship the replacement immediately.

Well, I don't know about all of you, but my "trust factor" in Rossi keeping their word is zero! Probably others are beginning to feel the same way. No, I haven't "wasted" a year. I've "used" a year watching Rossi ruin their reputation and probably loose a lot of would be new customers.

The option of "bubbaing" up my gun, with a mismatched buttstock,  is always there. But... if you can believe what the Rossi phone personnel tell me, none of their other buttstocks will fit the "Circuit Judge". How many believe them? How many "trust" them? If all of this is going on with the knowledge of the top man at Rossi, then the company is in serious trouble, in my estimation. What say you?

• Like 2

Just got off of the phone with Tammy, from Rossi Customer Service. She did not offer any hope that I'd be getting my buttstock anytime soon. I asked her about them sending me a "Tactical" stock, as they're unable to come up with a wood stock. She claims that others have tried it and either damaged the stock or the receiver, due to it not fitting properly. Has anyone on here been through this process successfully? If so, is the tactical stock the same length as the wood stock and did you have to do any fitting to make it work?

3 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

Just got off of the phone with Tammy, from Rossi Customer Service. She did not offer any hope that I'd be getting my buttstock anytime soon. I asked her about them sending me a "Tactical" stock, as they're unable to come up with a wood stock. She claims that others have tried it and either damaged the stock or the receiver, due to it not fitting properly. Has anyone on here been through this process successfully? If so, is the tactical stock the same length as the wood stock and did you have to do any fitting to make it work?

Did you get past Tammy to a supervisor?

11 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

No, I didn't. She said I could not "escalate" my call up to the Pres/CEO Anthony Acitelli. Same song and dance as before.

Well the CEO is a last ditch effort. She can escalate you to HER direct supervisor. If you don't want to do more calls, do the letter I mentioned and Facebook if you do it.

I did do a quick web search for stores that have that gun in stock. I did not see it at any of the big name places I looked. Kinda odd. maybe they are having more than just issues with this stock. As in supply chain and manufacturing issues. 

If it goes on, I would just press them to buy the gun back from you at purchase price. Not the best outcome, but gets you out from under this with no monetary loss.

• Like 1

The plastic "tactical" stock is definitely shorter than any of the wood versions I've handled. I have the plastic version and I like it a lot, but the length of pull on it feels like that of a youth gun. I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't just send you the plastic furniture though, because as best I can tell all of the main metal components are the same across the .45/.410 models. 

On 12/7/2016 at 3:46 PM, Ronald_55 said:

Well the CEO is a last ditch effort. She can escalate you to HER direct supervisor. If you don't want to do more calls, do the letter I mentioned and Facebook if you do it.

I did do a quick web search for stores that have that gun in stock. I did not see it at any of the big name places I looked. Kinda odd. maybe they are having more than just issues with this stock. As in supply chain and manufacturing issues. 

If it goes on, I would just press them to buy the gun back from you at purchase price. Not the best outcome, but gets you out from under this with no monetary loss.

Yeah, it's hard to tell what's going on down there in Florida. It's inconceivable that any major gun manufacturer would give anyone this much runaround if they had a stock in their warehouse. We talked again about their offer to replace the whole gun with a new one. The offer is still good... with these limitations: First, I have to ship my gun to them, for evaluation, on the shipping label they sent me. Second, they cannot give me an "expected date" of shipping a gun out to me, as they have none in stock. Third, Tammy says there's "others" ahead of me in the que for both buttstocks and guns! 

At this point in this fiasco, I honestly "do not trust them" enough for me to send them my gun first. They have not earned my trust, nor anyone else's that I can tell. I like the idea of the personal letter, but if they're telling the truth, and have no buttstocks, it probably won't do any good either.

On 12/7/2016 at 9:59 PM, Danger Rane said:

The plastic "tactical" stock is definitely shorter than any of the wood versions I've handled. I have the plastic version and I like it a lot, but the length of pull on it feels like that of a youth gun. I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't just send you the plastic furniture though, because as best I can tell all of the main metal components are the same across the .45/.410 models. 

Glad you pointed out that the tactical stock is shorter, Danger Rane. I've got pretty long arms, so I definitely do not want a shorter stock. The wood stock is shorter than I'd like. This gun would make some kid a great "first gun" Christmas gift... if I had a new stock on it. The cracks in this thing are so small, they can barely be detected by the eye... if you know they're there. But, I know they're there, and in my opinion, it would be dishonest to unload this on some unsuspecting person. I'll continue to eat the problem until Rossi comes through with a new "wood" buttstock for me. Then it's going to be traded or sold!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Santa,

I hope Roudolph can find my place to drop my new Rossi Circuit Judge .45/.410 butt-stock down the chimney. I'm hoping the weather and visibility are good. You can easily recognize my place by peeking through the window. It will be the one with the skeleton (me) sitting at the computer keyboard, anxiously awaiting good news from Rossi and Mr Anthony Acitelli, or even Tammy, that "Santa's on His Way"! We thought it was coming last Christmas, and when we heard "Sleigh Bells in The Snow", grandmaw ran out to get it, but got ran over by a Reindeer! It's been rough, waiting since last October. What's the matter Santa, are those Elves slacking off and demanding a $15 an hour minimum wage, and some of that Obama Care? I won't lie to you Santa, I've been almost good this year, but will try to do better next year, if you'll just bring me that Rossi Circuit Judge butt-stock. Also, I promise not to tell Mrs Clause about that young divorcee, Mrs Rossi that showed up by her Christmas tree in that negligee, with cookies and milk! Wink-Wink! Santa, if you need Mr Acitelli's phone number it's 1-800-948-8029. Now, get your fat butt over there and get my butt-stock..... please! Merry Christmas and Ho - Ho - Ho!

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

Update August 8, 2017. It may be hard to believe, but I still haven't received my replacement buttstock for my Rossi Circuit Judge .45LC/.410! I haven't shot it any more either, so it's been in the closet since Rossi ordered the buttstock on October 26, 2015!  I called them just the other day and had them "escalate" the call. They did and I got a call from Tammy. She "claims" they got some product in and used it to fulfill orders for people...presumably people that have been waiting longer than me. She still claims that they are "still" seeking a manufacturer for the stocks. Can any of you imagine a factory seeking a manufacturer of a needed part for two years? I don't understand how they stay in business. I'm at their mercy...which also seems to be in short supply at Rossi, and don't know what else I can do. This gun only has around 50 rounds through it, if that many. It did come with a pistol grip that I could put on there and shoot it. But, I want to keep the round count low, because as soon as I get a new stock on it, I'm going to trade or sell it.

Chuck's Circuit Judge Receiver frame Area R Side.JPG

Chuck's Taurus-Rossi Circuit Judge.JPG

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, Sidewinder said:

Update August 8, 2017. It may be hard to believe, but I still haven't received my replacement buttstock for my Rossi Circuit Judge .45LC/.410! I haven't shot it any more either, so it's been in the closet since Rossi ordered the buttstock on October 26, 2015!  I called them just the other day and had them "escalate" the call. They did and I got a call from Tammy. She "claims" they got some product in and used it to fulfill orders for people...presumably people that have been waiting longer than me. She still claims that they are "still" seeking a manufacturer for the stocks. Can any of you imagine a factory seeking a manufacturer of a needed part for two years? I don't understand how they stay in business. I'm at their mercy...which also seems to be in short supply at Rossi, and don't know what else I can do. This gun only has around 50 rounds through it, if that many. It did come with a pistol grip that I could put on there and shoot it. But, I want to keep the round count low, because as soon as I get a new stock on it, I'm going to trade or sell it.

Chuck's Circuit Judge Receiver frame Area R Side.JPG

Chuck's Taurus-Rossi Circuit Judge.JPG

At this point I would request that they ship you a new one.  Heck, I would not of waited more than 90 days let alone 2 years.  I would send a letter to the CEO requesting that he get personally involved, if he doesn't fix it I would contact every gun connected magazine, online site and blog I could and tell them the story.  Maybe enough people are having the same issue to get a class action suit going.

1 hour ago, Omega said:

At this point I would request that they ship you a new one.  Heck, I would not of waited more than 90 days let alone 2 years.  I would send a letter to the CEO requesting that he get personally involved, if he doesn't fix it I would contact every gun connected magazine, online site and blog I could and tell them the story.  Maybe enough people are having the same issue to get a class action suit going.

Thanks for the suggestions, most of which I have already done. At first I was hopeful that they would help me out. Then I became infuriated that they were giving me the middle finger, all-the-while pretending they were trying to help me. Now.... I'll believe they will help me when Hades freezes over! They did offer me a new gun...but, first I had to ship them mine. After seeing some comments on various forums, by others that had shipped them theirs, I figured I was better off not to ship them mine. Had I done so, I would have nothing now! They have a hierarchy of "customer service script readers", that will eventually wear you down. They're nice and polite, but no cigar! It's frustrating beyond belief. I even asked them to have someone like "Boyd's Stocks" make a replacement for me. Their company policy won't allow that. I told them if they would ship me a replacement gun...and give me the shipping number... I'd immediately ship mine with the bad buttstock. I even offered to give them my credit card number as collateral, until they received my gun. Company policy wouldn't allow that! Anyone get the feeling of a great big run-around here? They are good at it... very good at it. I've lost count of the calls I've made...some as long as an hour in duration! All I wanted was a lousy replacement buttstock. Like I said...they wear you down with...."it's on order"!

On 12/7/2016 at 9:59 PM, Danger Rane said:

Tammy claims the "Tuffy" stock and none of the others will fit the Circuit Judge. I don't know if that's true or not. Has anyone switched stocks on their Circuit Judge?

7 hours ago, tnhawk said:

I don't have any products from Rossi but after reading this it is highly unlikely that I ever will.

Just in case you should want to order some (wink - wink), here's some phone numbers...1-800-327-3776 Tammy...1-800-948-8029 Rossi Customer Service...1-305-624-1115 Pres. Anthony Acitelli....1-305-624-1126 Rossi FAX.

• 2 months later...

Rossi Circuit Judge update. Still no stock from Rossi... but, they're claiming to have sent either some stocks or guns to some customers that were waiting. I've been waiting since October 26, 2015... so, I'd sure like to know who some of those customers were, and how long they have been waiting. I've had a couple of friends that have witnessed this "run around", and have told me they'll never buy another Rossi. Before Rossi, I had been treated real good by Taurus, on at least two or three occasions. They upheld their "Lifetime Warranty".

On 11/9/2017 at 12:57 AM, Sidewinder said:

.... Before Rossi, I had been treated real good by Taurus, on at least two or three occasions. They upheld their "Lifetime Warranty".

Hey, they can still make good on the warranty as long as you're alive, eh?

- OS

It’s been two years; they aren’t sending you anything. Didn’t they offer you a shipping label to send it in? I would do that; I doubt they will just leave it sitting there.

Instead of calling you might try writing a letter to the President. I did that with Smith & Wesson and got an immediate response. CS called and said the Director of the firearms division called them into his office and said to fix the problem. They never did, but at least I knew it had gone as far as it was going and was over. :D

On 11/11/2017 at 7:13 AM, DaveTN said:

It’s been two years; they aren’t sending you anything. Didn’t they offer you a shipping label to send it in? I would do that; I doubt they will just leave it sitting there.

Instead of calling you might try writing a letter to the President. I did that with Smith & Wesson and got an immediate response. CS called and said the Director of the firearms division called them into his office and said to fix the problem. They never did, but at least I knew it had gone as far as it was going and was over. :D

I appreciate your suggestion, but I want Rossi to replace a faulty product they sold. There have been some pretty bad shattering/splintering of these butt-stocks as witnessed by Face Book postings. Maybe it will take someone loosing an eye before they will accept responsibility for a faulty product. I don't want to see them sued out of business by some slip and fall lawyer. I don't want any money... all I want is a safe gun that I can use. But... if after all I've been through for over two years, just to get a $75 faulty butt-stock, and my Rossi Circuit Judge butt-stock shattered and took my eye out, I'd sue them for every cent they had. Somewhere out there, it's going to happen, if they don't replace these faulty...unsafe... butt-stocks, if it hasn't already. Mine isn't the only one, there's lots of them. Just check out the gun forums. They're telling me that they are "looking" for another company to build their stocks... but, I have been getting that same script for over a year now!

As far as sending them my gun...no way. When I'm lied to once, trust has been broken and the party that lies to me has no credibility. Rossi has no integrity as far as I'm concerned and I believe a lot of other people feel the same way. A company like Boyd's Stocks could have made replacement stocks long ago. Maybe they should go back and review a little history on the Ford "Pinto" and it's exploding rear gas tanks.

I would challenge anyone to look at the shattered stock pictures and tell me if you'd want to fire a Rossi Circuit Judge with that happening within an inch or so of your eye. Rossi has a responsibility to it's customers ( and a liability also) to sell them a safe product. Words come easy for them to make verbal promises, but check out the rest of the Circuit Judge owners that are either waiting for replacement stocks of a replacement gun, after sending theirs in over two years ago. Rossi doesn't deserve my business, nor anyone else's.

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2017 at 2:56 PM, tnhawk said:

I don't have any products from Rossi but after reading this it is highly unlikely that I ever will.

Yeah, tnhawk, this is a huge problem with Rossi... one that they won't admit to and just keep putting people off. Don't think I'll ever buy another Rossi either. At least I didn't send them my gun! Worse case, I'll have to repair or replace my buttstock out of my pocket. I feel sorry for those that have sent them their guns.

• 4 months later...

Just to follow up and say that today is May 11, 2018 and I'm still waiting for a replacement stock to show up at my door from Rossi. I'm an old dude, but there was a time in my life that a company lived or died by their reputation for keeping their word, or keeping their promises, quality of their product, and customer service. In the case of Rossi, the message is... we're going to go right on blowing smoke up your butt, with a straight face, with absolutely no concern for the truthfulness of our promises... you're only "one" disgruntled CUSTOMER, and we could care less what you think of us, our product, or our company reputation. BEWARE - BEWARE -BEWARE, Rossi customer BEWARE!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks, a Happy 4th of July to everyone. Here's the latest update from Rossi, on my buttstock that I ordered on 10-26-2015. I got a call from Tammy on 6-25-2018 stating my stock had come in and that they would be shipping it out to me. Well, it never showed up! I followed up with their Customer Service yesterday, and it hasn't even shipped yet! Needless to say, I'm very frustrated...so close, but yet so far. Either they're lying to me, or they have a company full of incompetent people down there in Miami. As soon as I get the new stock...I'm getting rid of it. In fact, I've already listed it on GOC.