Taurus/Rossi Circuit Judge Buttstock Cracking

Sidewinder

8 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

Hi Folks, a Happy 4th of July to everyone. Here's the latest update from Rossi, on my buttstock that I ordered on 10-26-2015. I got a call from Tammy on 6-25-2018 stating my stock had come in and that they would be shipping it out to me. Well, it never showed up! I followed up with their Customer Service yesterday, and it hasn't even shipped yet! Needless to say, I'm very frustrated...so close, but yet so far. Either they're lying to me, or they have a company full of incompetent people down there in Miami. As soon as I get the new stock...I'm getting rid of it. In fact, I've already listed it on GOC.

I've loosely followed your problems with Rossi. I'm appalled at the total lack of help you have gotten.

I have an old Rossi 44Spl revolver and a nice 38/357 rifle. I really, really hope I have problems with them. I'd probably have to chuck them in a lake if I experience what you have with yours.

2 1/2 years since this started. You truly are a patient man.

Edited by hipower
3 hours ago, hipower said:

I've loosely followed your problems with Rossi. I'm appalled at the total lack of help you have gotten.

I have an old Rossi 44Spl revolver and a nice 38/357 rifle. I really, really hope I have problems with them. I'd probably have to chuck them in a lake if I experience what you have with yours.

2 1/2 years since this started. You truly are a patient man.

Hipower, thanks for the comforting words. I can't claim too much credit for patience, as there have been times that could have spit nails! But, in the long run, they know there's nothing I can do as I'm at their mercy... and they seem to be pretty short on mercy. I have other "Taurus" products and hope I have no problems with them... one is a "Raging Hornet" in .22 Hornet that I'm pretty fond of.

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Good grief, you could have planted an acorn, harvested the tree, and whittled out a new stock by now.

Garufa, I believe you're right about that. Worst experience that I think I've ever had with a commercial company. They may have treated others fair in the past, but I have zero confidence in their ability to tell the "truth", to show any compassion for their customers, or to back up their products. I'm just one little guy... and they're the big corporation that advertises in all of the big time gun magazines. Honestly, I do not think they care one bit about me or any other individual customer. It's sad.

6 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

Hipower, thanks for the comforting words. I can't claim too much credit for patience, as there have been times that could have spit nails! But, in the long run, they know there's nothing I can do as I'm at their mercy... and they seem to be pretty short on mercy. I have other "Taurus" products and hope I have no problems with them... one is a "Raging Hornet" in .22 Hornet that I'm pretty fond of.

Hmmm. Raging Hornet? I could like that. lol I have a Tracker in 22/22mag. Thought I'd love it, but find it sitting in the safe all the time. Just doesn't seem to get my attention. I really enjoy revolvers, but rarely shoot it after having it replaced by the selling dealer. The first one had so many problems that Greenbriar G&L just gave me a new one. Of course this was back  about 2010.

4 hours ago, hipower said:

Hmmm. Raging Hornet? I could like that. lol I have a Tracker in 22/22mag. Thought I'd love it, but find it sitting in the safe all the time. Just doesn't seem to get my attention. I really enjoy revolvers, but rarely shoot it after having it replaced by the selling dealer. The first one had so many problems that Greenbriar G&L just gave me a new one. Of course this was back  about 2010.

I like the "Raging Hornet" and their value seems to be increasing pretty well. Sorry you had the problems with your Tracker, but the dealer obviously treated you like a customer should be treated and made it right by replacing it with a new gun. To be fair about Rossi, Tammy at Rossi, did offer me a new gun... if I would send them mine "FIRST". After the lies and run-a-round they had given me for over two years, I just didn't trust them. I told them if they would send me a replacement "first" that I'd return mine in the original box. I offered then two or three options to make it right. On the option I just mentioned, I offered to give them my credit card number and information as collateral, until they got my old gun back. At that time, Wal-Mart was carrying the Circuit Judge. So, I asked if they would send the replacement gun to Wal-Mart and let me make the exchange there. I also asked if there were any local dealers that we could work through...I even offered to pay the FFL fees and background fees. I consulted friends about maybe I should just go ahead and send them my gun, but my friends said "no way"... you may never get it back. When I asked them if they even had a gun in stock to replace mine, they were vague with their answer. They told me they would have to run my gun through an inspection to make their determination. They were holding all of the cards and knew it. I was afraid to trust them then... and almost three years of broken promises and lies, I don't trust them now. Just imagine any company that calls you and tells you that they have your stock and will be shipping it to you on June 25th and now it's July 5th  and they haven't even shipped it yet! There you go folks ( for anyone reading this post), that's Rossi Customer Service for you. Any doubts about the validity of these circumstances, feel free to call Rossi Customer Service at 1-800-948-8029, of their customer service representative Tammy at 1-305-624-1115.

• Like 1

Taurus/Rossi have customer service that has been called everything but good. There are always exceptions.But for the most part, it's usually a long and tedious process with them.

I won't bore you with my experience with a Taurus Pro in 9mm that was sent in before the "recall" of a few years ago. It definitely was not what I expected, but did turn out to be good for me.

My FFL raised so much hell with them over it, that I was sent a much better pistol. A 5" competition piece in place of the Pro model. During that time frame, the mass of people began to see things about the recall. I know a few that still haven't got a pistol. CS says..It's just about ready to be sent out. 

lol

23 hours ago, hipower said:

Taurus/Rossi have customer service that has been called everything but good. There are always exceptions.But for the most part, it's usually a long and tedious process with them.

I won't bore you with my experience with a Taurus Pro in 9mm that was sent in before the "recall" of a few years ago. It definitely was not what I expected, but did turn out to be good for me.

My FFL raised so much hell with them over it, that I was sent a much better pistol. A 5" competition piece in place of the Pro model. During that time frame, the mass of people began to see things about the recall. I know a few that still haven't got a pistol. CS says..It's just about ready to be sent out. 

lol

Glad things worked out for you on the Taurus  Pro. I got good service from "Taurus" customer service a few years back on a Taurus PT-22 flip barrel .22LR pocket gun. In fact, I got excellent service with a quick turn around and Taurus provided shipping labels. I bragged to my friends about it and highly recommended Taurus to them, for giving me the royal treatment on such an inexpensive little gun. I even lost some magazine release parts, while shooting it in the woods, and they sent me the parts right away.... no problems. But, I feel like I've been really given the middle finger by "Rossi". I understand Taurus and Rossi are the same company these days. Still no word that my buttstock has shipped. Any bets from anyone, that they'll still be giving me flimsy excuses about the shipping this time next week?

Edited by Sidewinder
meant to type "inexpensive", not expensive
  • Like 1

Latest update, not to bore everyone with more of the same old stuff, but to give you an idea of the regular run-a-round I've been getting for the last 2years and 9 months. On 7-6-18, I was told by Bryan that my order was RTP. I asked what that meant. He said it meant "ready to pick". I asked what that status was and he said, " we have been in end of the month inventory and that ended on July 5th. Your butt-stock should be in the mail Monday (7-9-18)".

When I called late Monday afternoon, to see if it had shipped, I was assisted by Carlos. Carlos said he tried to access "shipping" but was denied access. He said he would pass my request on to Tammy and have her return my call that day, which she did. Tammy told me that my stock was delayed because they were still doing inventory and that it would possibly ship next Monday (7-16-18) and that I should allow 10 to 15 days for shipping.

I'm afraid this is when "I lost it" and told her why not make it six weeks, or six months, or while we were at it, why not six more years! Her reply was, "I'm sorry you feel that way"! At which time, I told her that Rossi didn't care one bit about their customers and promised to get the word to everyone I could about the way I have been treated. Her Reply, "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do about it". As far as I know, she's as high as you can go without goint to the CEO.

This is an "example" of the run-a-round I've been getting since October 26, 2015...and I have the emails and paperwork to prove it. I do believe I have a right to be irritated. What say you?

It has arrived! It has arrived! It has arrived! Actually, it arrived Friday 7-13-18. Now, as soon as I get the mounting screw hole counter-boared the same as the old one, I can install it. Looks like the old one is counter-bored about a quarter of an inch...possibly 3/8", and the new one is much smaller. It needs this counter-bored shoulder for the stock screw washer to seat on. Finally! I won't be shooting it... I'm putting the new stock on it and selling or trading it. I really like .22 Hornets. Maybe I can find something in .22 Hornet that will bring me enjoyment.

• Like 4
On 7/18/2018 at 7:36 AM, peejman said:

Pics or it didn't happen. :) 

Peejman, I've tried to post pics on here before, without any success. I'm pretty much "beginner" literate in Computer 101 and other photo accounts to store them in. I notice this site only allows 0-29MB Max size files. Maybe my pics are too large, due to the resolution size. Anyone know what 0.29MB converts to in the format of "600x800"?

On 7/18/2018 at 7:36 AM, peejman said:

Pics or it didn't happen. :) 

Trying!

I did get it figured out! The new stock is on the right, in the pic on the left and on the top in the pic on the right. It did happen!

Rossi Circuit Judge Stocks New one on Right.jpg

Rossi Circuit Judge Stocks new one on Top.jpg

Edited by Sidewinder
To add pics.
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, peejman said:

Don't sweat it, I was just yanking your chain. 

Irfanview is a free photo editor that will easily do the basic stuff. You can use it to resize photos and make them smaller. 

https://www.irfanview.com/

I figured you were, but I did want to post them. After all, a man can post a pic of his new baby in approximately 9 months... this baby took the best part of three years! Incidentally, I've been using irfanview for years and love it. Thanks for the link anyway. I had to resize the pics to the smallest size irfanview has. Seems to have came out OK, though.

• Like 1