Cellphone ECG adapter

Sam1

Thought I would share this, know there are a few people on the board with cardiac issues/concerns.  Went to the cardiologist last week for a follow up and for them to adjust the settings on my implanted loop recorder.  While talking to him, he suggested a neat little device that is extremely small/thin and sticks to the back of your cellphone case.  It's a legit ECG, approved by the FDA.  Only $99 and it does more than my $5k~ implant (except it doesn't auto record).  He said that since the device has come out that some of his patients have been able to catch a lot of episodes that can be read by them.  It auto uploads the readings to the web, and you can email the .pdf's to your doctor (or pay the company to have a doctor to read them).

Company is http://www.alivecor.com thought I would share because it does appear to be a handy little thing and if you have ever had to wear a holter (this isn't as extensive as the 48 hour 7 lead, but is similar to the 30 day 2 lead one), you know they are a PITA.  May want to check this out & talk to your dr about it.  Sporadic cardiac issues are terrible to deal with, and at least with this device you always have a recorder nearby to capture the event.

Here's part of the one I just ran (it was two pages long, just took a snapshot of part of the first page):

Capture.png

Hope it helps someone else too, wish I would've known about this a while back.

Edited by Sam1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this,I'm going to show to my wife.One clarification, you said it doesen't auto record. Did you mean the ECG device or your implant? Thanks again.

Joe W

I meant to say that the implant has set parameters and when something is triggered, it starts auto recording details, even if I don't feel anything.  The one on the phone only records when you're holding the panels and start the app.  For obvious reasons of course - you won't be walking around all day with the device in your hand lol.

I meant to say that the implant has set parameters and when something is triggered, it starts auto recording details, even if I don't feel anything.  The one on the phone only records when you're holding the panels and start the app.  For obvious reasons of course - you won't be walking around all day with the device in your hand lol.

Well they have those bands to attach your phone to your arm well doing things like jogging in theory you could do that :).  I could see this device being able to do that with a simple software change.  Although to be honest is would make more since for them to not attched the device to the phone instead use a strap to hide it someone on your body if they wanted to support that.