Springfield Loaded Stainless or Ruger SR1911**Winner: Springfield**

polecat

Hi all,

I'm looking at a Springfield Loaded Stainless or a Ruger SR 1911 also in stainless. Any opinions would be welcomed as to which is the better pistol for the money. 

thanks in advance!

Winner: Springfield Loaded: Picked it up today

IMG_1012_zpsbowarkax.jpg

Edited by polecat
Springer for my money. Never owned a Ruger 1911 but I have owned many, many Colt,Springfield,Para Ordnance guns. The Springers were the only 1911's that were gtg out of the box. All the others needed tuning to run consistantly. Springfield is the only "commercial" mass produced 1911 I buy anymore. I have zero experience with the higher end customs and have no desire to own one. Edited by AtomicRooster

I have both and am happy with each one. The Springer has a slightly better trigger but dollar for dollar the Ruger is hard to beat. I say try out the triggers and fondle them both and buy the one you like in the store. Either one will make you happy I'm sure.

One minor difference between both is the safety and release lever plunger tube on the Ruger is forged into the frame whereas the Springfield is not.Also the Ruger frame is cast compared to forged as is the Springfield.I currently own a Ruger SR1911 in a 5 inch but I would not hesitate to buy another Springfield.Currently I have a couple of Kimbers and a Citadel also.Pick what you like and don't look back-they're all good.

• Like 1

My preference would be the Springfield but realistically I'd purchase the one with the best fit and finish with consideration given to total price. IOW if you go for the lowest price make sure it's close enough overall to the more expensive one to not bother you and buy it. Apples and oringes man.

I have a Springfield Loaded in 9mm and the Ruger SR1911....   My Springfield has had feeding issues.  Not sure if it was magazine related, or if it the spring is too stiff and needs to be broken in more or if it's just because it's a 9mm in a pistol designed for a 45 acp.   The Ruger SR1911 runs like a champ and I can hit anything I point it at.  

• Like 1

I have both and am happy with each one. The Springer has a slightly better trigger but dollar for dollar the Ruger is hard to beat. I say try out the triggers and fondle them both and buy the one you like in the store. Either one will make you happy I'm sure.

I also have both and they are great pistols for the price.  Both have good customer service is needed.  Get each in your hand and see which one you like.  You will probably be happy with either of them.

Springer is forged frame, Ruger is cast. Not saying one is better, just saying.

I've put every one of the Rugers I've handled back in the case. I've got springers, never been disappointed. I usually recommend the Loaded as a 1st 1911 to anybody, or the range officer.
I’m sure you will be happy with either. I have owned most flavors of 1911’s. Right now I own a SR1911 and a SW1911; both stainless. The SR1911 has good fit and finish, not as good as the SW1911; but it cost less. Both shoot about the same; the SW1911 a little tighter groups, but it has adjustable target sights, the SR1911 has 3 dot. (I hate three dots on anything)

The SR1911 is all American made. It’s hard to determine where the Loaded is made. That matters to me.
I have a SR1911 and for the money you will not find a better built 1911 - compared to a TRP I feel the SR1911 has a better trigger once adjusted.

Very tight tolerances, love the sights and even with cast lead handloads it is the most accurate 45 I have (more accurate than my CZ97).

Its all American made if that makes a difference and I havent had any feeding issues with it at all - using stock Ruger mags, RIA mags and Chips.

Dont get me wrong the Springer is nice but pound for pound the Ruger is more for less

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Why are people saying the Ruger is American made and not the same for Springfield? I'm pretty sure the Springers are American made too. My Range Officer Champion came with this tag. 7b40528f65754ba1656590849bd59940.jpg

The frames are made by Imbel in Brazil. They might be assembled here but not exactly made.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk