Springfield Loaded Stainless or Ruger SR1911**Winner: Springfield**

polecat

This is a quote from another forum on Springfield's country of origin.

I ran into a Springfield rep a few weeks ago and asked the same question.... he said that as of 2014, ALL 1911's are made here in the US. He mentioned that Springfield purchased the old grocery store next to their factory- it's now the 1911 shop. Frames are now forged by a company in TX.

This is a quote from another forum on Springfield's country of origin.

I ran into a Springfield rep a few weeks ago and asked the same question.... he said that as of 2014, ALL 1911's are made here in the US. He mentioned that Springfield purchased the old grocery store next to their factory- it's now the 1911 shop. Frames are now forged by a company in TX.

That is a rough reference. The fact they are so ambiguous about it says something. Either way, we know most of their guns are not USA made.

That is a rough reference. The fact they are so ambiguous about it says something. Either way, we know most of their guns are not USA made.

Umm....ambiguous? Good luck getting any 1911 manufacturer to tell you where their forgings are from or where the steel originated.
Fact, springfields are now made in the USA. Ruger is good at stainless casting, they have made frames and parts for other manufacturers for years. Most those manufacturers don't divulge they are cast by Ruger. Edited by Jct1911

I looked at the Rugers. Nice, but I was never compelled to buy one.

I own 4 Springers. All are outstanding guns. I highly recommend them. Plus, Springfield has the absolute best customer service in the gun industry. Not that you'll need it, but its comforting to know.  ;)

Edited by Grayfox54

Why are people saying the Ruger is American made and not the same for Springfield? I'm pretty sure the Springers are American made too. My Range Officer Champion came with this tag. 7b40528f65754ba1656590849bd59940.jpg

How come their guns say made in Croatia? That picture is a bit telling of their honesty. I do find it funny they bought an American name and only carried foreign guns.

How come their guns say made in Croatia? That picture is a bit telling of their honesty. I do find it funny they bought an American name and only carried foreign guns.

XD's are made in Croatia. Springfield is simply the importer; not the manufacturer.

I rightly could care less where any gun part is forged, cast or finished as long as it is well made.  I love my Belgium Browning HP, my Russian 7.62, and (insert country here) XDs; US made ARs, as well as all my other guns.  Its fine to want US made, but there are plenty of guns and other equipment that is made elsewhere that is very good quality, or good enough for the price.  As far as I know, guns have been made elsewhere for some time now, some going back to the civil war and probably further back if you care to look.

• Like 2

I rightly could care less where any gun part is forged, cast or finished as long as it is well made.  I love my Belgium Browning HP, my Russian 7.62, and (insert country here) XDs; US made ARs, as well as all my other guns.  Its fine to want US made, but there are plenty of guns and other equipment that is made elsewhere that is very good quality, or good enough for the price.  As far as I know, guns have been made elsewhere for some time now, some going back to the civil war and probably further back if you care to look.

I agree :up:

XD's are made in Croatia. Springfield is simply the importer; not the manufacturer.

You totally missed the point. Their sign there says made in the USA. Their guns say otherwise. That's why I'm not a fan.

XDs are made in Croatia.  The discussion was about their line of 1911s.  The tag was from my Range Officer Champion.  I've read and posted information from other forums.  You can believe what you want. 

• Like 1

OK. I went with the Springfield Loaded. I felt the quality was better as was the fit and finish. Also has a nicer trigger. Thanks for all the good information. Helped a lot and I'm a happy camper now!

IMG_1009_zpsaao7j7y2.jpg

IMG_1011_zpslb8u3hjj.jpg

• Like 5