New Sholder Holster Project

I know they are not the best way to carry a gun but I always wanted one for long car trips and occasional winter carry. Here is my attempt. I "borrowed" heavily from the Galco design. I'm happy with the way it turned out although I did make my mag pouch upside down! I realized it after I stitched it or I would have started over on that. I did my best to salvage it. Seems to work just fine. Thanks for looking.

-southernasylum

IMG_2711_zpsm4rrpiwn.jpg

IMG_2664_zpsjms0vsdu.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_zpsjpw76pip.jpg

IMG_2705_zpsnorqaq8o.jpg

• Like 3
Good job! I have always loved the idea of a shoulder holster but never purchased one. I don't wear double shirts and I don't even own anything with buttons so I could only use it in an open carry it under a jacket thing so it's just not practical for me. But I've always wanted one.

I really liked Glenn used in TWD too. I know it looks awkward but I usually tuck my 29 in my bra using a kydex holster. I think I carry awkward compared to most people. But it works for me.

I like it!

I don't see what's wrong with the mag pouches, looks fine to me.

I made it for a lefty. Those ears at the bottom are supposed to be at the top for the mounting holes and a single hole in the middle at the bottom for the tie down. I flipped over my pattern or leather when I cut it out so if I made it the direction I was heading the pouch would fact the rear. Oh well. I'm not worried enough to sew up another one. Lesson learned. I hate when I make a bad cut in leather. I'm such a cheapskate!

-southenasylum

• 2 weeks later...