clipdraw "holster"

Guest bazookazilla

Could this possibly work safely?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Could this possibly work safely?

• This is a great idea!!
    • well...maybe.....
    • You will shoot yourself in the bollocks.

Guest bazookazilla

I saw an ad in a magazine the other day for an item called clipdraw. It is a little belt clip that attaches to the side of your pistol and enables you to clip your pistol to your belt and wear it without a holster. I am curious because I can stick my pistol under the waistband of my pants and hold it there pretty comfortably. I truly believe that this is very dangerous, however. Does anyone have any experience with these. Does anyone believe these items to be safe? There is nothing to cover the trigger or trigger guard, only something to hold the pistol in place. See what you think

http://clipdraw.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say this first, I've never used one or have known anyone that has, but based on theory I'd personally say they are a bad idea. The idea is intriguing definitely, but I'm not sure if it's really safe. I prefer something that covers the trigger. The only exception to this is my Bianchi black widow, but it has a retention strap over the hammer.

Guest jackdog

I dont like them for the facts you have mentioned. Same reason I would not carry Mexican style. But hey to each his own.

I had one for a 1911 many years ago. Unless you use it on a Glock you probably won’t shoot yourself but you have zero gun retention. With the things I have seen, I won’t even buy holsters that don’t have a thumb break.

I won't use one, but it could be sufficiently safe on the right gun. Kel-Tec offers it as an accessory for the P32 and P3AT. Maybe other models. I can see potential for those handguns, but as noted, not for something like a Glock.

It's just like 'mexican' carry, except there is a smaller chance that the gun will fall down through your pants.

It might be useful used in a pocket, IF you didn't carry anything else in that pocket... But I still would be hesitant to use any gun with it that wasn't designed for pocket-carry already (ie heavy trigger-pull)

Guest 00z28

I have the belt clip that goes to my Kel tec p3at and it works well, but I wouldn't want to have to get to it "quick", but it's great for concealment...

My wife's Kel-Tec p-32 has one on it and it's actually pretty handy on it. It has a pretty long and hefty trigger pull. She doesn't tuck it into her pocket but puts it on her waist, which I feel is safer.