10mm Choices ....

I have 2 boxes of the underwood jhp's. I haven't shot them yet. I was very pleased with the quick service that I received from them.

I hit Nashville several times a year. I need to meet up with some of you mid-state TGOers.

Extreme Penetrators and Defenders are out of this world smooth. Yowzaa. That's one ammo brand I am in love with. I don't use them a lot during practice but a box per session is allowed.

Mmm, I've been craving a G40 lately.

I really like mine. I can't wait to put an optic on it and really see what it can do. I would really like to take a deer with it, given the right conditions, I know that as long as I do my part, the gun is fully capable of finishing the job.

Extreme Penetrators and Defenders are out of this world smooth. Yowzaa. That's one ammo brand I am in love with. I don't use them a lot during practice but a box per session is allowed.

I have read about those extreme penetrators. They are wicked from what I can tell. I'd like to have those rounds in multiple calibers. For me, that would be in 10mm and 9mm.

I have read about those extreme penetrators. They are wicked from what I can tell. I'd like to have those rounds in multiple calibers. For me, that would be in 10mm and 9mm.

Same here for our house. Add .45 and .380 for Monkey's pocket cricket. They also have the new HERO in 9mm, I've gotta do some reading on that. Both of my edc's are 10mm but I might be convinced to carry a 9mm if it's good. Sign up for their mailing list. They've been doing a lot of promos lately!

Same here for our house. Add .45 and .380 for Monkey's pocket cricket. They also have the new HERO in 9mm, I've gotta do some reading on that. Both of my edc's are 10mm but I might be convinced to carry a 9mm if it's good. Sign up for their mailing list. They've been doing a lot of promos lately!

I've been getting their promos. Lots of good deals. I'd like to get a 29 for my next pistol. How do you like carrying thr 10mm daily? I have a 17 and a 26, so I imagine that it can't be any different than those, especially the 26, besides the caliber difference.
Honestly, it's all I have carried since I got my HCP. I love it, it's comfortable. I carry AIWB and it never bothers me, even sitting. I have a 26, which I sometimes think about carrying but I love the feel of the 29 much more. My 29 is an sf, but still, it's so comfortable. Especially after adding PG's to the mags. I carry my 20 when I'm home and on property. That is SUPER comfortable and feels even better in the hand. If I didn't wear tank tops year round I would probably carry the 20 more.
  • Like 1

Honestly, it's all I have carried since I got my HCP. I love it, it's comfortable. I carry AIWB and it never bothers me, even sitting. I have a 26, which I sometimes think about carrying but I love the feel of the 29 much more. My 29 is an sf, but still, it's so comfortable. Especially after adding PG's to the mags. I carry my 20 when I'm home and on property. That is SUPER comfortable and feels even better in the hand. If I didn't wear tank tops year round I would probably carry the 20 more.

Sounds like the 29 is a viable option for me. I added the pg to my 26 and it feels like it was made for my hand. It is a Gen 3. I've been eyeballing the 29 since I shot my g40. I will probably get one as soon as the minister of finance releases funds to me. I probably need to see if she wants another gun first.

Sounds like the 29 is a viable option for me. I added the pg to my 26 and it feels like it was made for my hand. It is a Gen 3. I've been eyeballing the 29 since I shot my g40. I will probably get one as soon as the minister of finance releases funds to me. I probably need to see if she wants another gun first.

The problem in our house is I am the MoF and I release funds WAY too much! LOL! I almost went with a 40 but realized a 20 was much more practical for EDC. But even so I don't carry it unless I'm at home. It's a gen4 my 29sf is a gen3 NiB-X.
  • Like 1

I really like mine. I can't wait to put an optic on it and really see what it can do. I would really like to take a deer with it, given the right conditions, I know that as long as I do my part, the gun is fully capable of finishing the job.

I have a Trijicon RMR on mine and really like it.
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 3/3/2016 at 8:07 PM, nightrunner said:

Probably not what you are looking for but there is the STI Perfect 10 and the Dan Wesson Titan

I just discovered the STI Perfect 10.  They are pretty proud of it.  I still may have to have one.  Sig also has a 1911 10mm that is announced and listed on the Lipsey's website but there are no photos that I can find.  I have the Sig P220 Match Elite 10 mm 2 tone.  It is very sweet.  I am partial the the Sig DA/SA action and I LOVE (love love) the Sig SRT.

edited%20sig2_zpslwnizsvw.jpg

Edited by ma6907
  • Like 1
I just discovered the STI Perfect 10.  They are pretty proud of it.  I still may have to have one.  Sig also has a 1911 10mm that is announced and listed on the Lipsey's website but there are no photos that I can find.  I have the Sig P220 Match Elite 10 mm 2 tone.  It is very sweet.  I am partial the the Sig DA/SA action and I LOVE (love love) the Sig SRT.

edited%20sig2_zpslwnizsvw.jpg

How do you like the Sig 220? Ever since I shot Comms 10mm Blocks I've had a soft spot for the 10mm plus it's what the 40 will never be.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any hot loads except for Buffalo Bore, which I ordered and have not fired,  My biggest disappointment so far is that the loads available in the stores are sparse to find and very anemic shooting.  Several times I have thought, "if I wanted to shoot a round this anemic, I would have shot my .40s for 1/2 the price."  I have stocked up on mail order ammo though and will be firing that off soon enough.  I do not reload, yet.

Edited by ma6907
Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any hot loads except for Buffalo Bore, which I ordered and have not fired,  My biggest disappointment so far is that the loads available in the stores are sparse to find and very anemic shooting.  Several times I have thought, "if I wanted to shoot a round this anemic, I would have shot my .40s for 1/2 the price."  I have stocked up on mail order ammo though and will be firing that off soon enough.  I do not reload, yet.

Have you tried any double tap or corbon?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I ordered some Corbon.  Same order as the Buffalo Bore.  Have not fired it.  I also got some Freedom Munitions range ammo.  also not fired that.  So far I have fired the Sig ammo in it and some remaufactured ammo from Reloader's Bench.  Neither was BAD and both very accurate but both seemingly pretty anemic.  I did not measure velocity or anything, just fired it at paper and steel on a few range trips.  Was waiting until i had more to really fire the weapon.  It was SO hard to find locally.  I did not want to fire it ALL off till I had a few hundred rounds in reserve.  Now I have about 1000 so Ill be able to get a few 200 round (or so) range trips under my belt.  I was afraid if I shot off the 150 rounds that I could find on the shelves, I would have a gun with NO ammo (which is a crime in my mind).  I don't know what all the guys with Glock 10mms do?  They must sell a lot of them?  I see them everywhere.  I know 10 mm is not as popular as many rounds but weapons are becoming more and more popular and ammo is seemingly NOT.  Maybe I am just unlucky?