Mosul dam break anytime killing 1 million people

No loss of human life is to be celebrated.
It was built by the Swiss, Germans and Italians - who no doubt profited handsomely.

I don't know, I was pretty tickled when uday and qusay went down, not to mention ole osama.
  • Like 2

You ain't helpin' there, Tender Knuckles. We's some irreverent bastards.

Well dang.

This world needs to make up its friggin mind! All this acceptance, validation, and be who you FEEL you are that's preached from the liberal soap box nowadays....am I allowed to be me or not?!
  • Like 4
When I was there in '04 a few of us would participate in the "Operation Pencil Box" where we went to villages and gave school supplies and sports equipment to kids. I really respected the fact that my Seniors understood that most of the population didn't give a dang if Hussien, US Soldiers or any other people were there, they just wanted to survive till the next day. It was a great opportunity to talk with village elders and general population. It's funny that I couldn't recall where any of the combatants that received my teams lead or we captured were Iraqi - the SIR reports almost always showed they were from another country. He'll many times we raided housing due to intelligence from the locals, they knew who wasn't from the area. Bought many a watermelons from farmers who for generations toiled the same earth for rich landowners, these guys kids will be doing what their father and grandfather did on that land. I've seen and cleaned up civilian vehicles ran over by tanks and thought - my brothers needed help, tank took the shortest route - I'm sorry this happened, wish it didn't but sadly brothers in uniform comes first.
Not bragging, but I was the only CC that had an M249 as a primary and have used up more drums than I can remember. It breaks my heart that I have several battle buddies who choose to be on the streets, couldn't cope with all that happened. But to this day, those of us that are able to stay the path, those that have taken to the streets and those that have lost the will and took what arguably could be considered the weak mans route would not wish harm on the civilians in Iraq.
  • Like 6

This thread is a great example of why the far left lumps us all together as a bunch of racist, ignorant rednecks.

I have several Iraqi refugees that work for me at my plant. All of them are Christians that fled Iraq to get away from the violence there. Unfortunately, many of their family members are still stuck there unable to leave. Their parents were killed by a suicide bomber the day they tried to leave Iraq.  There are good people in Iraq that do not deserve to be swept away by a raging flood.

• Like 7
There's nothing about being a Muslim that has anything to do with race. It's a lifestyle choice. A man don't choose to be white, black, Jew or puerto rican. He DOES choose to follow a given religion. Or in this case, a cult.

I despise Islam and the fact that there may be some who ignorantly follow that contemptuous filth who are decent enough folks is irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that it's the only religion of any consequence that daily shows its evil nature. I don't care what God a fella wants to follow but when it destroys lives it should be treated in kind. Kill it.

No religion is without some dirt on their hands but you don't see Buhddists, Taoists or Hindus acting like this. AND despite their checkered past, Christians don't act like this either.
I will go on record too as saying IF the Christian (so called) church wanted to act like they did in the dark ages, I'll be first in line to say put the Pope on the end of a rope and shove a cross up a bible thumpers butt. But I won't have to because they don't act like that.

It's clearly evident that race is not a factor here. Middle eastern Muslims, African Muslims...Jihad John...the list goes on. All walking peices of human fecal matter.

. Edited by Caster
  • Like 2

There's nothing about being a Muslim that has anything to do with race. It's a lifestyle choice. A man don't choose to be white, black, Jew or puerto rican. He DOES choose to follow a given religion.....

C'mon,  get real.

People all over the world mostly profess the religion in which they were raised.  If the whole population of TGO had been magically raised by Muslim parents in a Muslim culture, we'd be at least 90% Muslim too.

Transplant all them same folks over there to the USA as babes and have them raised by Christian parents, they'd be mostly Christian.

In cultures all over the world, denying the religion you are raised in is the exception rather than the norm. Where of course the religion is virtually the same as the state, it's near 100%. Much of Europe was that way regarding Catholicism for 1200 years or so.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 9

As usual, I got to go with OS on this one.  

There are two issues with Islam - radicalism and the fundamental association with Sharia law.  If you want to practice your faith, accept that I have different beliefs, and adhere to our laws - I have no issues.  You want to call me an infidel and come after me and my family, totally different story.  

I grew up in a community, in Middle, TN, that had two fairly prominent Muslim families.  Their children attended a Christian school because it was the best education available, but they continued to practice their religion.  We didn't always agree on some topics, but we could debate and accept the other's opinions.  

One of the children came under fire a couple of years ago when they were appointed to a mid level state position, for which they were extremely qualified.  A few of ignorant legislators ran screaming to media that we were "putting sleepers" in high-level positions.  They saw the last name and their knees started to jerk.  This was a natural born US citizen and a member of family that are pillars of their community.  I can understand mild suspicion, but a little research should have put that to rest.  

If you look at the statistics from all sides, there are somewhere between .05-10% of Muslims that practice radical Islam and/or refuse to accept any legal authority outside their faith.  I am in position to condemn an entire religion based on at worst 10% of its adherents.  I probably disagree with 30% of my fellow Catholics, but they are entitled to their beliefs.  

I have a hard enough time trying keep myself on the track that I think is right for me, I don't have the bandwidth to impose by beliefs on anyone else.  Vive et vivat!

• Like 4

I guess, but people can and do leave their origins.  I was raised by beehives and denim skirts constantly telling me I'm gonna "Buuuurn in Heyyyyyuhlllll".   Turned 18, told the thumpers if I'm going to hell, be sure and save me a seat.  

I will backpedal a little I suppose, only inasmuch as the SEVERE indoctrination young ones have to suffer at the hands of these animals.  BUT, 99% of humans are born with a functioning conscience.  You KNOW what's wrong.  BUT, in the end, a man knows what he's doing is wrong and can walk away or die.  There IS a choice.  

Racism isn't the correct word, as it's got nothing to do with race. Bigotry is the operative word.

And yes, instances of children going against the religion they were born into is exceedingly rare.

Some religions accept the notion of secular pluralism, some tacitly ignore it, and some vehemently oppose it. The vehement/violent opposition is where the problems arise.

C'mon,  get real.

People all over the world mostly profess the religion in which they were raised.  

- OS

... especially when the reverend Abdul is telling everybody to lop off your head if you don't join up.

I don't think anybody on here wants to see innocents die. The jokes are in the same spirit as the ones about California sliding into the ocean. I have good friends in California. But, if it breaks off and slides into the ocean, the percentage of assholes in this country will decrease significally (tragic as it would be).

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 5

... especially when the reverend Abdul is telling everybody to lop off your head if you don't join up.

I don't think anybody on here wants to see innocents die. The jokes are in the same spirit as the ones about California sliding into the ocean. I have good friends in California. But, if it breaks off and slides into the ocean, the percentage of assholes in this country will decrease significally (tragic as it would be).

The term you're looking for is "Greater Good"

Lol!!!
  • Like 1

C'mon,  get real.

People all over the world mostly profess the religion in which they were raised.  If the whole population of TGO had been magically raised by Muslim parents in a Muslim culture, we'd be at least 90% Muslim too.

Transplant all them same folks over there to the USA as babes and have them raised by Christian parents, they'd be mostly Christian.

In cultures all over the world, denying the religion you are raised in is the exception rather than the norm. Where of course the religion is virtually the same as the state, it's near 100%. Much of Europe was that way regarding Catholicism for 1200 years or so.

- OS

Absolutely this.

Which is also why I don't understand how some Christians believe those that practice another faith won't be found in their afterlife. That's a club I don't want part of..