Just purchased a new Glock 43 (single stack 9mm if you have been living under a rock lol) over the next couple of months I'll be running it somewhere between moderately and heavily before I trust it enough to carry it regularly. I am going to be in the market for a good concealed carry holster, just looking for good holster suggestions. Or if you have a G43, what holster do you use and what do you like/not like about it?

20160304_141020_zps2bbe7ubw.jpg

I use a Remora. I LOVE my Remora for my KahrPM9, but I'm "meh" on it for the G43. The reason is that they sell the same holster size for the G43 as they do for the G26. That's fine for the depth of the pocket to cover the trigger, but it feels "sloppy" and oversized with the thin G43 in it. It works fine on the G26. The PM9 takes a different sized holster which has the perfect width for the G43, but it's too short and doesn't quite cover the trigger guard opening on the G43.

I have the extra mag pouch attached to the holster on both of them and love that. It makes the holster more stable and keeps the cant from changing as much as a bare Remora holster does. That's also something I don't like as much on the G43 Remora as I do on the PM9 Remora....the mag pocket is too loose on the G43. It's made of course to hold the fatter G26 mag so the G43 mag can actually slip down below the lip and it's hard to get it out. the PM9 mag fits perfectly in its mag pouch.

In other words....If Remora would make a slim version of their #6G-ART it would be perfect for the G43.

• Like 1

I'm glad I saw this post. I started to post a small review of a holster I've been wearing with my 43 for a few weeks now. It's a DeSantis Invader IWB. I've have owned MANY quality holsters but this one by far is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. (I carry at 4:00) It has a "gel" backing that I would compare to a mouse pad. It is built well and the belt clips keep it secure on the draw. I cannot say enough good things about this holster. I actually ordered another for my G19 yesterday. I wish I had known of this holster months ago. I haven't been this excited about a product in a while but I have to give it 2 thumbs up. I ordered it on Amazon for around 45 dollars. And of course I have a good ol' Serpa OWB for carry around the house and woods. 5baa80db517b4445682879a72a41ec44.jpg6f1dfbe153ee47b05c437184aeb13af4.jpg9744c8de6ea9905773ff46d3de32e384.jpg2756f87ec40d4c4e474715ad428e3751.jpg

Edited by glowdotGlock
  • Like 1

I'm glad I saw this post. I started to post a small review of a holster I've been wearing with my 43 for a few weeks now. It's a DeSantis Invader IWB. I've have owned MANY quality holsters but this one by far is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. (I carry at 4:00) It has a "gel" backing that I would compare to a mouse pad. It is built well and the belt clips keep it secure on the draw. I cannot say enough good things about this holster. I actually ordered another for my G19 yesterday. I wish I had known of this holster months ago. I haven't been this excited about a product in a while but I have to give it 2 thumbs up. I ordered it on Amazon for around 45 dollars. And of course I have a good ol' Serpa OWB for carry around the house and woods. 5baa80db517b4445682879a72a41ec44.jpg6f1dfbe153ee47b05c437184aeb13af4.jpg9744c8de6ea9905773ff46d3de32e384.jpg2756f87ec40d4c4e474715ad428e3751.jpg

That looks pretty good for the money.

Well, before I found time to check out all of the suggestions I placed an order with Taran Tactical for a +1 and a +2 baseplate, I like the +2 baseplate enough that I'm going ahead and getting another couple to put back for when I buy extra mags. I also ordered a Blade-Tech Klipt IWB (appendix) just because they had one in stock.

20160310_154129_zps1rlbkrhz.jpg

20160310_154154_zpscu3unfmu.jpg

• Like 1