West Virginia Legislators override Gov. Veto of Con. Carry

Great,have been watching this because I have family just settled in Virginia,becomes law in ninety daysI if only our lawmakers  could do this.

I doubt VA will follow suit, but maybe some will move next door.

Here is a quote form an email that I got from the NRA-ILA Friday:

"On Tuesday, March 8, the Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to hear Senate Bill 1483, sponsored by state Senate Senator Mark Green (R-22).

On Wednesday, March 9, the House Civil Justice Subcommittee is scheduled to hear SB 1483’s companion bill, House Bill 1748, sponsored by state Representative Judd Matheny (R-47).

SB 1483 /HB 1748 would allow anyone who is 21 years of age or older who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun, to carry a handgun without a permit.  This important legislation would allow law-abiding gun owners the ability to better protect themselves and their loved ones, and to choose the best method of carrying for them, based on their attire, gender and/or physical attributes."

It's time to put a full court press on the Legislature to get our 2nd Amendment rights fixed here in this state too!  I've already put it to my Senator and House Rep.  Have at folks!

Edited by stillstanding669
This is my home state. Just moved to TN a year and half ago from WV. All my family is still there. So happy this went through. It's actually passed the house and senate easily, then their goober of a governor vetoed it. Glad they overrode it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a native West Virginian, definitely proud of this. My parents are aging and have been dragging their feet on getting permitted. Now they can just defend themselves without spending money they don't have for "training" that's irrelevant to get a state issued card.
  • Like 2

How do they carry in other states without a permit?

I assume they will still issue them for reciprocity purposes? Matter of fact, you still need one there if you are 18-20 years old,  if you need to conceal carry because of your job, so the process isn't totally killed or anything.

So far, no state that has gone to permitless concealed carry has also done away with the permit process. VT is the only one that doesn't issue a permit at all, but they never did in the first place.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

This is my home state. Just moved to TN a year and half ago from WV. All my family is still there. So happy this went through. It's actually passed the house and senate easily, then their goober of a governor vetoed it. Glad they overrode it!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My home state also. I left 44 years ago, lookin'for a job.
  • Like 1

Tn could do the same, but not by sitting on our hands.

One more state joins the elite group of Constitutional carry states. I’m told we need to “take baby steps”; that’s BS. We have taken plenty of baby steps; it’s time to walk. So much time and energy is spent here on meaningless stuff; it keeps us from getting the real deal.
  • Like 1

Senator Brian Kelsey chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, where Tennessee's Constitutional Carry bill will face its first test this week.  He is running for the 8th Congressional District seat vacated by Stephen Fincher, and as such, is attempting to broadcast his "Conservative" bona fides.

We now have committed enough votes in his committee to get it to the floor, and with the "zero" fiscal review (reduction in revenue v. reduction in expenditures) it SHOULD go directly to Calendar and Rules, bypassing Finance.

Memphis has complete control of this bill as Kelsey chairs the Senate committee, and Jim Coley the House committee.

This week tells the tale of the tape.