Any retailers near Knoxville selling primers?

.....have all the primers I need for years except for a case of 1,000 of small rifle primers.   I don't want to pay a haz fee for this small order....   Gander Mountain no longer sells reloading supplies here....

Are there any retailers in the Knoxville area that sell primers?   My local guy went out of business - uhg!

Academy was well stocked 2 days ago.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They do indeed sell primers and they really need to put them behind the counter.  The last three times I've been there I've seen enough foolishness to make me wary of buying them.  People just can't seem to keep from opening them.  First was some girl who dumped 100 primers all over the shelf and floor.  Took her forever to pic them up and put them back in the tray.  Next time, same story but someone else.  Last time some guy rifled through nearly every pack on the shelf.  I don't know if he was looking for the perfect primer or what but he sure was trying.

There is a gun show this weekend.  TGO's favorite reloading supplier (dlm37015) is probably there and usually has what you need at very good prices.  His booth is under the big white with red letters "RELOADING SUPPLIES" sign.  As the show is at the Expo he'll be in the back right corner.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4

It's a bit of a drive but Bentons shooter supply has the largest supply I've seen.

There is a good reason why he has the largest supply you ever seen.

Every time I walk into that store, I walk out shaking my head.

I'd rather travel 90 miles; (180 mile round trip), to Knoxville and buy $300-$400 from our favorite vendor at a gun show.
His prices are very fair and he cares more about his customers than his merchandise.
  • Like 1

That's pretty much the going price for benchrest primers Dolo.

iirc the CCI benchrest at Proneshooter's run $55.00 or so. But they have Tula small rifle at about $27.00/1000...Tula work fine for my needs, but I'm just making "shooting ammo" most of the time.

I have some benchrest primers set aside for development of truly accurate loads should the need arise.

Bass pro will have them, behind the counter. I buy them on occasion from Academy in Johnson city when I don't want 1000 or to drive to Cabelas, but I just sent 6 packs of small pistols back to Winchester for a refund. Must have been a bad batch so I am leary of any primers at Academy. I had around 10% failure to fire rate with them. Really pissed me off because after thousands of rounds of reloading it made me second guess myself and go through all sorts of testing to prove it wasn't me, the guns, or another component. Maybe they had spent time on the floor like previously stated. I haven't had any issues with CCI's from there so I just stick with cci now.

.....have all the primers I need for years except for a case of 1,000 of small rifle primers.   I don't want to pay a haz fee for this small order....   Gander Mountain no longer sells reloading supplies here....

Are there any retailers in the Knoxville area that sell primers?   My local guy went out of business - uhg!

Gander Mtn. does indeed have reloading supplies. In the back of the store near where the 4 wheelers used to be. They have lots of primers and powder.