have a M39 on order, need 54r ammo cheap

I checked a few ammo bots and every milsurp ammos selection is out of stock. If anyone finds any for a good deal, back in stock or knows a place that won't effect your supply, please holler. I honestly don't know how long or how hard it's been hard to find at a good rate.

Sportsmans Guide got a container in about a month ago, when they ran it at $284 per crate it sold out quickly.  As far as I know that's the first shipment on 7.62x54R that's made it here in well over a year with no more due in in the foreseeable future ...

• Like 1

I emailed their waiver form and a copy of my DL. I sent in a signature that wasn't actually on the form, hopefully they use it ok because I don't have a printer and don't feel like going to the library and mailing in to them even though this is the best deal around. Hopefully they still have some Wednesday as I'll be able to order more then.  I could make it look like the form was signed if it wasn't pdf form but adobe wants $ to convert/edit it. I thought I figured out how to convert their files before for free but couldn't figure this one out...

Edited by MountainDewed
Last I saw some was at Buds about 2 months ago and it was at least 3 times what I've seen it there before.

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the products dear leader used his pen and phone to curb.

Last I saw some was at Buds about 2 months ago and it was at least 3 times what I've seen it there before.

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the products dear leader used his pen and phone to curb.

It wasn't necessary.  The US has had a ban on milsurp ammo from Russia for many years, the ammo imported here in the last 2 decades or so has been from the former Comm-block countries of Eastern Europe or Ukraine.  The supply in Eastern Europe is either exhausted or is being sold to various factions in the Middle East for more money that it sells for in the US while pretty much nothing is being exported from Ukraine since the latest dust-up there. Obama hasn't had to take any new actions to cut off supply of 7.62x54R to the US, conditions around the world have already done that ...

It wasn't necessary. The US has had a ban on milsurp ammo from Russia for many years, the ammo imported here in the last 2 decades or so has been from the former Comm-block countries of Eastern Europe or Ukraine. The supply in Eastern Europe is either exhausted or is being sold to various factions in the Middle East for more money that it sells for in the US while pretty much nothing is being exported from Ukraine since the latest dust-up there. Obama hasn't had to take any new actions to cut off supply of 7.62x54R to the US, conditions around the world have already done that ...

Didn't know all that, thanks!
Glad I don't need any. Fer sure.
Perhaps it'll start showing back up if a pro gun guy gets in office.

Didn't know all that, thanks!
Glad I don't need any. Fer sure.
Perhaps it'll start showing back up if a pro gun guy gets in office.

I doubt it will make any difference who is elected.  The importation bans on military surplus from Russia were enacted during both the Clinton and Bush presidencies, some are in fact voluntary trade agreements between Russia and the US and were originally supported by domestic gun and ammunition manufacturers.  Even if the next president is an ardent supporter of gun rights the conditions which have precipitated the current shortage of 7.62x54R aren't going to change in the near future ...

Ok. I paid for adobe convert to word.doc fee and sent in the waiver with ID. They emailed me and said I'd be in system within 24 hours, so I'll have that shipped this week... :bowrofl:

Edit: They just sent me order info and are packing it up. I ordered a can(22 boxes) and shipping was $20 if anyone is curious about their shipping fee due to them not showing it until after we order... Comes to 8.94 a box of 20 which is still cheaper than anywhere else.

Found a tin of 360 rounds with 185gr for $167 total, local here in Memphis. This was last one and buddy of mine's getting discount, usually would have been $185 plus tax...

Edited by MountainDewed

yeah, I saw this on Slickguns and am waiting for my damn direct deposit to go in before they sell out. It's usually in by now but ofc not this time  :wall: . I'm not gonna let it bother me if I miss out though. I'm getting two rifles delivered tomorrow and nuttin's gonna bring me down from that high(Knock on wood)

Passing this on to fellow members. I don't need any and you'll be doing me a great service if you help to sell this out before temptation gets the better of me.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...ammo?a=1551247

Not in any way affiliated with sportsmansguide.  Won't last long at this price

I don't "need" any either, but out of the goodness of my heart I was able to help remove the temptation for you ...

I don't "need" any either, but out of the goodness of my heart I was able to help remove the temptation for you ...

thanks, I got weak and just tried to order some and it is now sold out :up:

I doubt it will make any difference who is elected. The importation bans on military surplus from Russia were enacted during both the Clinton and Bush presidencies, some are in fact voluntary trade agreements between Russia and the US and were originally supported by domestic gun and ammunition manufacturers. Even if the next president is an ardent supporter of gun rights the conditions which have precipitated the current shortage of 7.62x54R aren't going to change in the near future ...

I meant in reference to hoarding. It was plentiful until recently and I doubt people are shooting most of it.

Oh well, I missed out but at least I have a can of 184 grain being held for me at descent price. I emailed SG asking if they just got lucky and found a few somewhere or if more is coming in to the U,S, waiting to see if they reply or not? 

Edited by MountainDewed